Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a 3d representation or an animation of the depth chart.  (Read 189 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 11:57:21 AM

I'm getting interested inthe way that the order book is used to manipulate the price of Bitcoin. An animation or 3d chart would be useful, especially if it could be associated with a candle graph.do you think this would be interesting, and how can I display this information?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acarli

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 02:43:34 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (5)

Good question.
I've looked at quite a few. I have not seen one of them that has a 3D representation of the order book. There are some that are rich in visual data of the order book. Here are the one's I thought had a decent dynamic order book.

OP, In a normal order book chart now, you see the price and quantity. A 3D representation could give the individual quantities for each price and not have it cumulative. That would be kind of cool.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 07:10:52 AM

My primary interest in this is to try to pick out whale manipulation of the order book. My stats are very "old school", so I'm just starting to learn about some of the potential methods of analysis. If one could see a controllable animation of the the depth chart history, and combine it with volume and real trading price candles, then I suspect one could get a feel for the manipulation that is going on at the moment.

The main problem seems to be the collection of historic information about depth. It would need somebody to scrape an exchange, and save the data.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 03:40:45 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (5)

My primary interest in this is to try to pick out whale manipulation of the order book. My stats are very "old school", so I'm just starting to learn about some of the potential methods of analysis. If one could see a controllable animation of the the depth chart history, and combine it with volume and real trading price candles, then I suspect one could get a feel for the manipulation that is going on at the moment.

The main problem seems to be the collection of historic information about depth. It would need somebody to scrape an exchange, and save the data.

This is basically what I was talking about in your other thread about having to be there seeing it live and have been there long enough to recognize the patterns that have been and are happening.

Couldn't you just record the exchanges charts and books with OBS Studio and then playback your video at whatever speed you wanted?
Maybe you could get some idea of the patterns and market disposition without actually being there the whole time if you recorded it as a video and looked back to see what happened but I don't think that it would replace actually being there.

I think if you don't have the ambition, or want to sit there and watch the books and charts for hours every day you probably don't have the ambition to daytrade..
In my experience you have to put a lot of time into it to be able to make good reactions/trades. I can't just jump on an exchange for an hour not having been there for a week and day trade. I probably have to watch a market for 5 hours a day for atleast 2 days before my trading instincts start to get well honed for that market..

This is why I haven't been trading lately. I just can't seem to build up the ambition to watch markets like I used to.
I used to get up in the morning and straight to the books and trollbox for most of the day all day every day and loved it. It was what I wanted to do. I had the drive and I loved it and was successful but I just can't seem to get myself to that level anymore. Like some people love to play videogames I loved to be on the exchange..
I feel washed up and behind the times..

The good altcoin exchanges with good trollboxes are gone and I have built up a resentment to most new coins since they seem to almost all have gone completely to shit.
They aren't just many good crypto experiments anymore. They all seem to have some stupid shill backstory where their value relies more on whatever their stupid plan is than the merit of their technology.
Except a few ofcourse..

Maybe if I find Grin on a good exchange I can find my drive to seriously daytrade again..

The idea posted about separate orders being in the 3rd dimension is a cool idea especially if they were listed in order of time entered. This would be great so I could see how far back in line my orders are like on XX sat coins where it is just wall VS wall.. Like DOGE.
I know the exchanges have this data because orders do fill on a first come first serve basis if you watch the trade history but traders just can't see what orders are in line.
It is quite nontransparent and gives exchanges a lot of opportunity to rig the system to make money themselves if they could make their own orders always skip to the front of the line..
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 03:50:30 PM

I've got a spare vps, and a domain name - http://www.bitcoinlatest.com/
I'd like to write a scraper and reporting tool, because I really used to enjoy programming. I can't see me managing to fit that in at the moment though.
acarli

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 04:32:46 PM

OP, I've been thinking about the possible use for something like this. If you captured the book orders as a function of time (ie. the removed orders the influencers make) you could retro-engineer their strategies. If you could do that, you could mirror their trends up, or buy at the right time just below their threshold. I bet you could also find behavioral signatures to identify similar strategies on other coins as well and repeat.

I wish I had more time. There doesn't seem to be enough of it.

Great idea, did not fully understand the ramifications until thinking about it a few hours.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:55:04 PM

programming

I don't know much about that but I will be very interested to see what you can come up with if you make your tool user friendly enough for me.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 05:41:14 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

I'm sure they manipulate the EMA on coinbase. Just as the EMA12 and the EMA26 are about to cross, they seem too create a divergence. It would be interesting to relate EMA riibbons, actuals and order books for whale watching.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:38:21 PM

So I know python has modules for graphing but I'm not sure about 3d graphs. Matplotlib does 2d.

I think it's therefore possible to plot time volume and price on one graph in 2d as tradingview does it.

An SMA and EMA are quite easy to calculate AFAIK but I'm not sure which price they use (is it daily average based on all trades or just hourly trades)?

It's easy to get hold of historic data also for free.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 07:15:16 PM

I'm going off the idea of 3d representation, and thinking that a series of frames made into a video flow would be better.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 12:09:39 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Things you should be looking for include wash trading, low volume high velocity price increases, orders that disappear when attempting to fill them (fake walls), and other conditions such as limited exchange availability or maintenance modes which limit arbitrage. These are among the most common manipulation techniques (not counting various forms of leveraging, margin calls, and fractional reserves).
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 6316

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 01:46:35 AM

i am not aware of any publicly existing tools, but in order to learn how the depth chart works, and how to make use of it in your trading , you can watch these 2 videos.

this is detailed explanation > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCLZ579aTN4

this one shows you how to trade using the depth chart > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9QnZzdOEKk

i would also advice to only use these in short-term trades, along side with other basic TA.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: