Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:22:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitGrin (XBG) – MimbleWimble with Bitcoin economics – Windows wallet!  (Read 7428 times)
willy35

Activity: 163
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:59:23 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papacabeza
Copper Member

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 03:49:24 AM

Today was a bad day for mining on the Bitgrin dev pool.  Several miners complained about reducing, unchanged and disappearing balances.  Apparently there was a node upgrade and possibly a fork, one of the devs said generally (with no detail):

"It seems the pool was mining a fork for a few hours today so those coins weren’t valid."

Unsure what the status is but I would like assistance with the "shared transaction id" from the pool (so that 749 XBG I sent to myself aren't lost). 

This project seems promising from several perspectives (the tech, the economics) but I have to say that the mining experience, communicating with miners, usability of wallets, pools, etc is, well . . . an opportunity for improvement.
BitGrin (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 10:51:40 AM

Today was a bad day for mining on the Bitgrin dev pool.  Several miners complained about reducing, unchanged and disappearing balances.  Apparently there was a node upgrade and possibly a fork, one of the devs said generally (with no detail):

"It seems the pool was mining a fork for a few hours today so those coins weren’t valid."

Unsure what the status is but I would like assistance with the "shared transaction id" from the pool (so that 749 XBG I sent to myself aren't lost). 

This project seems promising from several perspectives (the tech, the economics) but I have to say that the mining experience, communicating with miners, usability of wallets, pools, etc is, well . . . an opportunity for improvement.

That is true, mining at this point is not as user-friendly as we want it to be.
Keep in mind this is still very early days and its and miner adoption is definitely a priority for Bitgrin, we are working on infrastructure so it's seamless
BitGrin (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 02:08:45 PM

Huge development update! Grin

We’ve been relatively quiet about this, but we’ve been working on a simple to use JavaScript library that will allow developers to easily integrate with BitGrin and build wallets, exchanges, games, or anything they can imagine.
We just hit a milestone with this project and now have nodes working with a single process. In the short term we’ll refactor Kingfish to use this library which will dramatically improve performance, stability, and crush dozens of existing bugs all in one go.
 In the longer term we expect this to become the go-to library for third party developers to build out an ecosystem of high end BitGrin applications, similar to how web3 enables this for Ethereum dApps.

Both the Kingfish update and the BitGrin library is expected to be completed in the next week or two. We’ll make the library available on npm for all to use freely.
trenerk2

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 07:28:11 PM

We’ve been relatively quiet about this, but we’ve been working on a simple to use JavaScript library that will allow developers to easily integrate with BitGrin and build wallets, exchanges, games, or anything they can imagine.
We just hit a milestone with this project and now have nodes working with a single process. In the short term we’ll refactor Kingfish to use this library which will dramatically improve performance, stability, and crush dozens of existing bugs all in one go.
 In the longer term we expect this to become the go-to library for third party developers to build out an ecosystem of high end BitGrin applications, similar to how web3 enables this for Ethereum dApps.

Both the Kingfish update and the BitGrin library is expected to be completed in the next week or two. We’ll make the library available on npm for all to use freely.

Please help me.
2670      5ebb64b9-948f-4146-81e0-387c2e1ae27c   133.543796374 XBG   0.001 XBG   posted   157248   28.05.2019, 20:38:36

My coin is lose
BitGrin (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:52:49 AM

Please help me.
2670      5ebb64b9-948f-4146-81e0-387c2e1ae27c   133.543796374 XBG   0.001 XBG   posted   157248   28.05.2019, 20:38:36

My coin is lose

Someone already helped out with that on discord right?
willy35

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 10:10:31 AM

No coins are lost, once the transaction is expired (up to 90minutes to wait) just run a wallet check, and your coins will be back in the wallet.

Wallet check comment can be found on kingfish by pressing the small gear on the bottom left
papacabeza
Copper Member

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:06:50 PM

DELISTING ALERT, BitGrin is being delisted from Bitmesh effective 18 June.  Users have until 30 June to withdraw otherwise coins will be burned.  The only other viable exchange is vinex.network.  According to the developers, "anyone can list Bitgrin if they want," (per Discord) and there are no updates to the several problems with forks, orphaned shares, and troubles with wallet syncing.

@bladdoyle, thank you for helping with the pool payout problem yesterday (about 1k XBG).  However, that payout did not work and must have been cancelled.  Can you please reset it so I can request the payout again?

willy35

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 06:49:09 AM

You draw an alarmist situation, which is not the case when you follow the coin since day one.

There are issue, this is what to expect for early adopters and new protocol like mimblewimble, but this is not that dramatic as you explained.

I understand your frustration papa, lost coins, wallet that don't work well on MAC...

First Bitmesh is delisting, yes, but not only XBG, they are delisting many coins, almost all altcoin in fact

Dear Users,
After review, BitMesh decided to delist the following coins at 2019-6-18 12:00(UTC+8):
XRP, VBK, XBG, TERA, CHI, PATH

Bitmesh is changing their business model, we can't blame them for that, there is an other exchange

https://vinex.network/market/BTC_XBG

More will come later, what I mean without bitmesh the coin will survive, this is not a big deal at all.

Communication is getting better, now someone that is not a dev will handle the communication part. Today is a great day to mine XBG

XBG  the only MW coin with sound economics.
DearLeader
Copper Member

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 12:57:10 PM

The wallet does not sync. The devs said they would fix it but coins are stuck on exchanges.
papacabeza
Copper Member

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:04:48 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2019, 01:55:10 PM by papacabeza

I was asked nicely by a community member that I respect to restate my concerns here more objectively.  Here goes---

1. Wallet functionality. The XBG wallet is the central infrastructure piece of a project for users. However, the Bitgrin wallet (Kingfish) doesn't work for me or for many community members. It requires use of a VPN and other hacks which have no guide. A new wallet to fix was pre-announced then delayed. With recent delisting you have to hire third parties on OTC or others with VPNs to transfer funds.  It's inconvenient.

2. Listing problems.
There was a fight between the developer and BitMesh a few months ago that seemed to be resolved, but then Bitmesh suddenly delisted Bitgrin this month. This put the users in a bind because of wallet problems and a short time (just 2 weeks) to get coins off Bitmesh or burned. Very little help from developers to resolve this and no communication with the community about listing plans or alternatives. 

3. Mining and attacks. The network is constantly being attacked, forking, and rolling back. That may be just new project blues but in my experience I've never seen a project so frequently under attacks of different kinds. The project also lost money with double spends on exchanges. There's no explanation for the consistent attacks nor have the devs outlined a plan to fix it -- for example, chain notarization for double spend protection (VBK, KMD, SAFE options) or other tools?

4. Misleading "Bitcoin economics" claim.  The "Grin with Bitcoin economics" claim is false and misleading.  Bitgrin has 21m coins and Bitcoin has 21m coins but coin count is not "economics."  Bitgrin has a large premine that's released by smart contract at 20k each month, and during each of the first four years the premine represents 10.93% of the total (it averages to 4% over total, e.g., by year 2050). That's Bitgrin economics, not Bitcoin economics.

5. Premine accounting. With a high premine of nearly 11% per year (during first four years) an accounting is required. The devs recently put out an accounting, sort of, for the first few months --- but it just basically said "we spent it all on exchanges and mining reimbursements."  Even though devs could just say anything, a more credible and transparent accounting will be required to build faith.

Project needs:

• Wallet: A functioning wallet but in the meantime, a detailed step-by-step guide on how to send/receive XBG using port forwarding and VPNs (with current wallet).
  • Listing plan: Project should openly track online where it is applying to be listed and have a channel for community members to support. Project appears to be constantly fighting with exchanges -- find someone to drive this, not the devs.
  • Bitcoin economics: stop that bs claim, it's false.  21m coins isn't Bitcoin economics, it's 21m coins. The "economics" includes overhead and Bitcoin had no premine.
  • Premine accounting: To gain credibility, project needs to provide credible, transparent, ongoing descriptions of premine spending plan w/ actuals spending, presented in a credible way.

Also, the project needs to stop making enemies, unnecessarily, of its community members.
willy35

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:22:42 PM

Dev smaug volunter to help anyone transfer their coin from bitmesh to vinex for those who have problems to do so.

I know it is not a final solution, but I really hope the future kingfish 2 will solve everyone sync problem.

I personnaly have no problem with kingfish under windows 10.

It seems some solved their wallet issue by installing c++ libraries.

I can name many coins where the start was not easy for end user by got fixed with time. I am still trying to get the VEIL I mined which disappeared for no reason.

Things will improve for sure.

BitGrin (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 02:39:30 PM

The wallet does not sync. The devs said they would fix it but coins are stuck on exchanges.

Try using the latest kingfish release
https://github.com/bitgrin/kingfish

If that doesn't work remove bg_chain_data from your ~/.bitgrin/main

Other fixes include connecting via a VPN that allows for port forwarding.

Upcoming Kingfish2.0 should fix all those issues.
papacabeza
Copper Member

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 02:13:40 PM

Hi--- checking in on this again, would be nice to recover the 1k --- it never confirmed.  My wallet is working now, kindly check the official pool wallet and manually reset the amounts there and I'll make another request to transfer?  Thank you.

@bladdoyle, thank you for helping with the pool payout problem yesterday (about 1k XBG).  However, that payout did not work and must have been cancelled.  Can you please reset it so I can request the payout again?

pharazen

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 12:59:31 PM

Apologies for overreacting on Discord. These are valid critiques and we're addressing them.

I was asked nicely by a community member that I respect to restate my concerns here more objectively.  Here goes---

1. Wallet functionality. The XBG wallet is the central infrastructure piece of a project for users. However, the Bitgrin wallet (Kingfish) doesn't work for me or for many community members. It requires use of a VPN and other hacks which have no guide. A new wallet to fix was pre-announced then delayed. With recent delisting you have to hire third parties on OTC or others with VPNs to transfer funds.  It's inconvenient.

2. Listing problems.
There was a fight between the developer and BitMesh a few months ago that seemed to be resolved, but then Bitmesh suddenly delisted Bitgrin this month. This put the users in a bind because of wallet problems and a short time (just 2 weeks) to get coins off Bitmesh or burned. Very little help from developers to resolve this and no communication with the community about listing plans or alternatives. 

3. Mining and attacks. The network is constantly being attacked, forking, and rolling back. That may be just new project blues but in my experience I've never seen a project so frequently under attacks of different kinds. The project also lost money with double spends on exchanges. There's no explanation for the consistent attacks nor have the devs outlined a plan to fix it -- for example, chain notarization for double spend protection (VBK, KMD, SAFE options) or other tools?

4. Misleading "Bitcoin economics" claim.  The "Grin with Bitcoin economics" claim is false and misleading.  Bitgrin has 21m coins and Bitcoin has 21m coins but coin count is not "economics."  Bitgrin has a large premine that's released by smart contract at 20k each month, and during each of the first four years the premine represents 10.93% of the total (it averages to 4% over total, e.g., by year 2050). That's Bitgrin economics, not Bitcoin economics.

5. Premine accounting. With a high premine of nearly 11% per year (during first four years) an accounting is required. The devs recently put out an accounting, sort of, for the first few months --- but it just basically said "we spent it all on exchanges and mining reimbursements."  Even though devs could just say anything, a more credible and transparent accounting will be required to build faith.

Project needs:

• Wallet: A functioning wallet but in the meantime, a detailed step-by-step guide on how to send/receive XBG using port forwarding and VPNs (with current wallet).
  • Listing plan: Project should openly track online where it is applying to be listed and have a channel for community members to support. Project appears to be constantly fighting with exchanges -- find someone to drive this, not the devs.
  • Bitcoin economics: stop that bs claim, it's false.  21m coins isn't Bitcoin economics, it's 21m coins. The "economics" includes overhead and Bitcoin had no premine.
  • Premine accounting: To gain credibility, project needs to provide credible, transparent, ongoing descriptions of premine spending plan w/ actuals spending, presented in a credible way.

Also, the project needs to stop making enemies, unnecessarily, of its community members.

Scheroxx

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 03:12:51 PM

Some User have a have trouble with the new MacOS KingFish Wallet. Dev Team make a hotfix and release a new update. Like the strong activity from the devs  Wink
willy35

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:30:03 PM

To know more about Bitgrin you can read the subreddit

Bitgrin WHO I AM ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbg/comments/c7ige1/bitgrin_who_i_am_introduction_for_new_miners/
willy35

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:31:31 PM

XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:55:18 PM

Are there any big exchanges considering listing BitGrin? Has the deb team appied to any yet, or offered to pay for a lusting?
willy35

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 06:13:53 PM

Come and join Bitgrin on Twitter  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: