Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:52:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO vs STO  (Read 458 times)
greenlanternlight01 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 02:47:10 PM

We all know the ICO market is kinda dead right now. Not many good projects are out there. And if there is indeed a good project there is the fear it won't go well considering how the 2018 was for the ICO's. The last ICO I invested was 11 months ago and I don't even to get started on how it went and all the problems there are even now. But regardless that, I've seen the hype shift from ICO to STO. Seems that S in STO is really giving security to the investors.
STO in the other hand is not another utility token (most of them have no utility at all), but actually gives you shares on the company and you have some return on your investment just in e few months. Obviously not the whole investment but you can see smth entering your wallet.

My question is: Will 2019 be the year of STO?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 02:53:42 PM

We all know the ICO market is kinda dead right now. Not many good projects are out there. And if there is indeed a good project there is the fear it won't go well considering how the 2018 was for the ICO's. The last ICO I invested was 11 months ago and I don't even to get started on how it went and all the problems there are even now. But regardless that, I've seen the hype shift from ICO to STO. Seems that S in STO is really giving security to the investors.
STO in the other hand is not another utility token (most of them have no utility at all), but actually gives you shares on the company and you have some return on your investment just in e few months. Obviously not the whole investment but you can see smth entering your wallet.

Most probably 2020 and 2021 will become years of a new STO hype. Don't expect any miracle during the bear market while everything is bleeding. In a best case scenario we'll see some really popular STO project at the end of 2019 and it will become a start of STO era.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 02:54:39 PM

ICO and STO actually have great chances. But in other way. Now it makes no sense at all to try to invest in STO or ICO if you have not previously looked at the meaning of the project and the idea of ​​the project.

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 02:56:45 PM

Many people are gearing now towards STO's and I was looking for a list to search and peruse through at my leisure and found these: https://coincodex.com/sto-list/

There are not many listed here but it gives us an indication of perhaps what is to come and what will later on be more on trend as it were.

Here is another list that has some STO's listed as well:  https://www.listico.io/sto/list

I am looking through some really interesting ones and the POS merchant one has caught my eye so I will check it out later when I get more time on my hands.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
greenlanternlight01 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:01:18 PM

Most probably 2020 and 2021 will become years of a new STO hype. Don't expect any miracle during the bear market while everything is bleeding. In a best case scenario we'll see some really popular STO project at the end of 2019 and it will become a start of STO era.

You are right, ICO and STO are correlated with the market sentiment. That being said I guess a lot of investors have realized that STO actually have a value. And if we are to have a bullish market the money will go into STO and no longer in ICO. At least that's what I would do

coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 08:36:33 PM

Yes I think the era of ICO is over and STO will be the next option to switch. STO projects are well screened to ensured the safety of investors funds by the SEC. Those projects always have really idea, great product and platform usage to ensure token liquidity. Also investors are entitled to shares in the company for a period of time.
They don't need much hype, and you don't encounter unprofessional investors in STO as it minimum investment is much higher compared to that of ICO.
bigatenz

Activity: 132
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:36:33 PM

Its likely, As of now many projects are using STO to get funds from their investor, but reminders do your own resesech to the project that you want to invest to avoid losses.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 11:53:39 AM

I won’t agree that icos are dead
Either ico or sto, what actually matters in the Blockchain Technology is the product value

We need good projects not stos
cupruri
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 11:58:25 AM

We are already entering the STO era and according to the last report of Coinmarketcap STOs are the next big trend. I have already seen a lot of projects that are offering STO and people seem to trust these projects much more.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 12:18:02 PM

STOs are on the rise and im very positive about stos as they provide better trust level to investors as they become the shareholders also people are loosing trust in utility tokens after recent terrible bear run where the prices have gone down 10 to 20x and even more.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 01:17:51 PM

The real success of STOs won't happen without the next bull run. While bears are on top STOs won't become the next big thing. I guess the market will not show a good performance this year so I'd not expect STOs to become very popular soon.

Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 01:42:39 PM

STOs are becoming a trend nowadays and people are beginning to notice them because even in this lowarket conditions, Genuine STOs are still making waves all over the world and are still raising large amount of revenue.
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 02:03:24 PM

I would hope so (the start of the STO market in 2019). But most likely it will happen later. Maybe in 2020.
The boom in ICO has passed, and I think forever.
Why do we have to guess? We'll wait a little longer and see for ourselves  Wink
Golftech

Activity: 2114
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 02:09:51 PM

I would hope so (the start of the STO market in 2019). But most likely it will happen later. Maybe in 2020.
The boom in ICO has passed, and I think forever.
Why do we have to guess? We'll wait a little longer and see for ourselves  Wink
Speculating things that isn't happen yet is very common inside this forum, we do assess things that we are hoping to gained success after, as this
new system got implemented we are still unsure what can be the effect as investors are still away from the market due to this bearish market that
still exist and extending its stay, we will be able to assess after full implementations got an impact to the entire market.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 02:53:57 PM

There are 2 main types of ST. 

1. is tokenised stocks which are ownership shares in a real company that behaves like a token.

2. tokenised real assets such as real estate.   tokens that represent a small fraction of an illiquid asset like a house.

whether or not 2019 is the year of STOs depends on whether people issuing STOs can make it good for the investors. it could bring about a new wave of investment in physical infrastructure and save the housing market just in time.   or just in time to buy the bottom of the market.  or the extra supply of real estate from tokenised real estate boom could make housing prices come down A LOT.   it's interesting let's find out.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 03:04:43 PM

You are right, ICO and STO are correlated with the market sentiment. That being said I guess a lot of investors have realized that STO actually have a value. And if we are to have a bullish market the money will go into STO and no longer in ICO. At least that's what I would do
A value for what? both have the same fundamental and there was no a lot of differences between both of these things. ICOs similiar to the STO. Even if STO claimed to be more compliance with regulatiuon and then it's not yet even registered on official institution.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
terrorJR

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 03:58:54 PM

A value for what? both have the same fundamental and there was no a lot of differences between both of these things. ICOs similiar to the STO. Even if STO claimed to be more compliance with regulatiuon and then it's not yet even registered on official institution.
This means that STO is better than ico if it complies with regulations, is this possible to become a trend in 2020? STO will be better than ico even though both are the same.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Firefoxx
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:00:16 PM

STOs are suffering the same fate that ICOs are presently going through, they might bear different names and be two different things but we have to bear in mind that they all share the same CoinMarketCap.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
jyotsna060278

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 04:15:41 PM

ICOs will really die as most of peoples have no faith on investing in ICOs right now in light of extreme bearing market and almost 80-90% ICOs becoming scammed or failed. I hope STO not like the the ICOs, it is new type of investment, will see what kind of safest and return they will provide to investors, time will tell it will be successful or not.
rricksu

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:21:17 PM
Merited by cryptodemystified (1)

Utility tokens will going to be the best in 2019, there's nothing I can see that can turn the table to some STO tokens gaining momentum in this bear market, we should rely on Utility for profit.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: