Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:09:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: burning token  (Read 723 times)
as9ardia

Activity: 541
Merit: 137

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 06:43:56 PM

Token Burn is one of the most popular strategy from project to maintain price (in this case after ICO) and if the project team didn't burn all remaining token (Unsold Token) that's NOT a crime. as I said before, Burning Token is just strategy.

That's no specific requirement to Burn all (or half) Unsold Token, that's just decisions taken by the developer (would be better if including Community and Investors while make that decision)

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 06:49:11 PM

burning token that is not sold is the team's strategy to keep price on market because the less total supply, token price will increase but all will also depend on project development and greater exchange, even if the token is not listed on market, price will increase

Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 06:52:33 PM

It's a strategy of the project when it will be able to burned those tokens in exact dates that because people beliefs if they burned the unsold tokens the price of their token will have a potential to increase.

Does this actually apply? That when unsold tokens are burnt, price of the token goes up? I still try to get this because I think if this really work, most projects should use the strategy rather than stay dead.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:02:08 PM

The fact that tokens are not sold must be burned as a requirement in an ICO. Failure to comply will cause the token number to be inflated and the price of the token when listed exchange will greatly affect
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 11:49:25 PM

I often read and heard about burning tokens that were not sold when the ICO project was finished, I also knew that by burning the rest of the token was a strategy so the price of the token didn't fall, but if the DEV and the team didn't burn it was a crime? is there a requirement that the remaining unsold tokens must be burned?
There is no requirement by anyone or any law that puts them under compulsion to burn, but if they earlier announced they would burn, then they have to burn.
If they do not comply with the roadmap or agreement made, then they can be seen as scammers.
If token burn is also done, you would notice in the total supply. Also an evidence can be shown, to show the process of the burn.
rajon

Activity: 200

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 01:13:09 AM

Burning unnecessary tokens is not an offense. It is for controlling the market price. There is no government to control it here. Therefore, to control the market price, unnecessary tokens can be burned.
Kiefner

Activity: 921

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 01:50:23 AM

It all depends on what the development team promised to do, if they said that all unsold tokens will be burned, then this should happen, but unfortunately in 2018, the developers almost never burned the remaining tokens.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 01:57:13 AM

I think it's a good strategy to burn tokens to ico that the supply is big enough to make or reduce tokens that are no longer worth after ico as well as other investors and bounty hunter if the owner will follow the tokens that no sales may raise the price of their coin subit less their supply or will be limited only but there is an opportunity to be more attractive to investors especially if the supply is small so there's no dumper too their token and pure holder will only be left.
bezzler

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:27:36 AM

I often read and heard about burning tokens that were not sold when the ICO project was finished, I also knew that by burning the rest of the token was a strategy so the price of the token didn't fall, but if the DEV and the team didn't burn it was a crime? is there a requirement that the remaining unsold tokens must be burned?
I think that is one of the strategy to keep the value of a coins to be high, burning the token means it will reduce the total volume of the token itself.
With less volume, hopefully the price of a token will also rise or it can be keep in a good level of price and not making it drop.
mb2122

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 10:22:24 AM

yes, and that is indeed a common strategy for a project, for reasons of increasing demand because goods are scarce and prices are increasingly expensive, and that is for projects that are running and developing, not for dead projects. there is no general requirement to burn tokens, it is only to make investors who join have hope that prices will rise sometime and there was no massive dump carried out by their team from unsold tokens.

What would you say is the maximum amount of tokens that should be burned? I saw that Bithumb has a Super Coin Week going with Valor tokens and will continue with "surprise" airdrops the next few weeks. Apparently they are burning 25% of the remaining tokens. Is that no too much? Or will this just result in an even higher value for the holder?
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 11:51:42 AM

There are also projects that choose other strategies, store unsold tokens or freeze them for several years with the aim of developing products. But I think burning token is the most rational choice for investors to maintain the value of their investment
biddicoin

Activity: 1077
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:07:55 PM

Burning tokens is part of milestone in development. dev have to do that, if not they will break investors trust
the effect is just investors lose trust and make the coin wont be pump in the future or even become shitcoin

It is not part of 'crime'. you know crypto hasnt fully regulated now.
So, the bad thing which happen in crypto not included in 'crime'

In ordinary language, a crime is an unlawful act punishable by a state or other authority. The term crime does not, in modern criminal law, have any simple and universally accepted definition, though statutory definitions have been provided for certain purposes.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 01:20:42 PM

Burning tokens creates scarcity and gives value to the rest of the available tokens. There is no rule that says projects have to burn unsold tokens. It is just common sense to do so as it brings more trust to the project

Nguyenthanh2391

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:21:04 PM

I also heard information about burning tokens that were not sold when the ICO project ended. This is terrible, but that is one way of helping token prices, but it will cause another bailout.
superstrength

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:23:12 PM

burning the tokens can be a good last resort, but if the DEV and the Team don't burn it could be a crime. The remaining unsold tokens should also continue burning.
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:24:09 PM

Its not a crime if team decide not to burn the remaining unsold tokens in ICO or IEO, this choice is left for the teams to make but with my past experience burning tokens is a very good effective strategy

KillerInk

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:25:18 PM

It's a pretty good strategy of projects to stabilize the token value. This approach can save projects that are about to die and may make them even more developed.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:51:17 PM

Burn or lock the token for many years, maybe? I totally agree that not burning the tokens may be considered a crime if the developers hide them from investors for their selfish interests. By the way, the spending of the extra funds should be done democratically assuming the coins belong to the community.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:59:28 PM

is there a requirement that the remaining unsold tokens must be burned?
Know this first, that the team has the right to decide anything, except it has been written down and legally binding. Most of the times, what the team promises to do might just be for the sake of attracting investors, because I have seen most of these things changed. Also, token burn event(s) need to be done strategically before it can be effective on the value of the coin.
memedennis

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 02:16:08 PM

Burning of token usually help in reducing the total supply of such token and when the supply is reduced and demand is high it leads to increase in value of token. so i may not be wrong to say that burning of token helps in increasing its value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: