Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:40:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep the BitCoins Safe?  (Read 17660 times)
Spider A4

Activity: 657
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:08:28 PM

I think the best security for keeping Bitcoin Safe is using the trust exchange floors. I was always using Coinbase for trading Bitcoin, ETH and not see any error and inconvenient. And you must have to setup Two-Factor Verification (2FV) to avoid the scammers to steal Bitcoin in your wallet.
undoubtedly https://www.coinbase.com/ is the biggest reliable exchange or wallet whatever. But in the big amount transaction coinbase will be frozen your asset it's happen a lot of times with me. Coinbase supported only 6 coin but i use for BTC and ETH. I holding my asset in binance exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:23:39 PM

The problem with instant exchanges is that they don't have much variety. Good for bitcoin, eth, and ltc but for everything else we need exchanges. CZ said his new dex will support hardware wallets so looking forward to it

All exchange are vulnerable and cannot be said that they can keep your coins safe for a long term. Many exchanges have been hacked as a result flaws find around the exchange. Hardware is the ultimate and will keep your coins safe and secure without any security breach except information link by the same individual.

Em00n01

Activity: 737
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 06:54:30 PM

First of all, I don't have any trust in exchange wallet. In 2016/17 I heard many news about frozing many users wallet without any notice. But I will suggest you to use Blockchain, ledger nano or trezor. You can store your BTC safely by using this.

████████████           CYBERTRADE          || |   |    |     MMO RPG FUTURISTIC          ████████████
||     Twitter     ||||   Telegram   ||||     TikTok     ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:02:12 PM

yes i can also trust to exodus.
Iam using this Exodus desktop wallet on linux since many years now for altcoins.
Its a great and responsive Team behind exodus. keep your Exodus keys safen then your altcoins are safe here.

regards
Rimon365

Activity: 623
Merit: 100

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 04:26:55 PM

According to me, the best wallet for keep the Bitcoin is Blockchain. From the year 2018 till now I use the blockchain. Never had a problem and i hope there is not a problem in future. You just keep secure the password and set up 2fa. Then your Bitcoin will be safe.

Jonking

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 04:58:33 PM

in terms of exchange they must have the strong security into their systems..in some recent attacks not only bitcoin they are stealing some other coins also, if they have a strong security then why then hackers can attack them.. i believe there must be "inside job"
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 05:30:25 PM

I have heard about this case where the owner of an exchange site was found dead and with him went all the million dollar bitcoins. Now even I'm sceptical about keeping my coins on an exchange site or something similar. The only thing I can think of keeping bitcoins safe is cold storage or Ledger wallets.
Faysal Fahad
Copper Member

Activity: 57
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 05:55:06 PM

Paper wallet or nano is the best way to go!

I'm comfortable with paper wallet since I'm very sure on offline security; besides no cost.

oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 06:56:59 PM

I think it is a good strategy you have applied here. I hate losing fund when it is not your fault especially funds that are already in the wallet and the exchange with all the claim of safekeeping of their customer's fund will fail and claim that the company is hacked. I do not keep my crypto in the exchange but exchange them to fiat and keep in my conventional bank.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 07:15:58 PM

For me Nano Ledger could do it ,
Just make sure to keep it safe and never lose it.
For me hardware wallet is the safest wallet unless you are a person who always forget or lose their things.

mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 09:43:10 PM

FOR me i think nano ledger wallet and paper wallet is good store your bitcoin if you have huge fund.my suggestion do not share your private key to others and hide your wallet email safely but i prefer paper wallet bcz its offline.

Kelvinikke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 09:45:59 PM

I think it is very important to really take the safety of your funds in consideration and not saving huge amount of money on any exchange platform. I know most people really believe Binance can't be hacked but you can't really tell because with crypto anything can happen without your notice so it is better to play safe by saving money on a wallet you hold the private keys yourself.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Shohanur

Activity: 251

BIB Exchange

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 11:39:26 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2019, 06:02:40 AM by Shohanur

You can easily safe your Bitcoin by follow some basic rules. Don't share your private key to others. You should use a strong password also. Trezor, ledger nano can help you in this respect.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
karloscimot

Activity: 518
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:58:55 AM

if the bitcoin has been stored in the wallet, we can be sure that our coins are safe. but we cannot use public computers if we want to open our wallet. try to have a personal device for our needs. do not store your password on a hard drive or on a computer. try to save it to the flashdisk. keep it in a safe place.

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 01:15:10 AM

there are two storage methods, namely in the wallet and in the exchange. If we want to save in a long amount of time then the offline wallet can be the first choice, we can store it on special hardware. But some exchanges that have a good reputation can be trusted, I believe in binance and bittrex. So if you want to secure assets, all you have to do is look for the best.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 01:37:35 AM

You can store in Exchange wallet like Binance, kucoin or Bittrex. All are secure and trusted. Besides you can use Blockchain or Trezor.

Yes they are trusted and they are supposed to be secure. But the truth is that no security system is invincible and the strength of the security heavily depends on the amount invested.

With exchanges falling prey of hackers so often it is certainly not wise to believe that their security is good enough. Maybe that will change in the future but i agree 100% percent with the person who opened this thread.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 02:15:56 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2019, 03:26:42 AM by Pattart

You can store in Exchange wallet like Binance, kucoin or Bittrex. All are secure and trusted. Besides you can use Blockchain or Trezor.
Thats bad idea, if you keep your money in exchange, third parties are very vulnerable to hack and cheat. so don't use a third party to store your money,
of course you heard the recent news about cryptopia right? I think you should learn from this tragedy
maman567

Activity: 648

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 02:41:09 AM

You can keep your bitcoin asset is safe by always use best and potential exchange for holding your bitcoin asset, never save your bitcoin on new exchange market because is risk some time your fund is lost without any reason.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 02:42:49 AM

Probably the safest way to store cryptocurrencies is with a hardware wallet, because hardware wallets use encryption and prevent even malware from stealing your digital assets. While even a hardware wallet is not 100% foolproof, it is much less susceptible to hacking than other forms of storage.
Bitcoindigger02

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 05:48:05 AM

1. Keep your private key address secret

Bitcoin addresses are the only information needed to define the end point of distribution and transmission of bitcoins. These addresses are generated anonymously by the user's wallet. Once the address is used, all transaction histories
associated with it destroy the confidentiality of the address. Anyone can view the balance of any address and all transactions. For these reasons, bitcoin addresses are best used only once, and users must be careful not to reveal addresses.

When replacing a computer, try to destroy the hard disk of the original computer. Do not save or publish the private key of Bitcoin to the cloud, mailbox or collection.

2. Keep in Bitcoin Wallet

Many Bitcoin exchanges have been hacked. If you use a Bitcoin Exchange wallet, use "double authentication" such as Google to ensure security.

Bitcoin wallet has all customers and is safer than the wallet service of Bitcoin Exchange. No matter which wallet you choose, you should choose a strong password instead of using the same password as your registered mailbox. At the same time, do not put eggs in the same basket, choose multiple storage channels, improve the security of assets.

3. Identifying phishing websites

The most commonly used method for hackers is phishing websites. Hackers will create a domain name similar to Bitcoin Web site, which may be sent to users through e-mail and other channels. Once a user tries to log on to the site, the hacker will record his login information.

So be cautious before clicking on any link. Many browsers have a "website phishing inspection" service, if you carefully identify the domain name of the site, you can identify phishing sites.

4. Keyboard recorder

In addition to phishing sites, hackers often use keyloggers to attack them. Keyboard recording is the easiest way to capture passwords. The success of keyboard recording depends on many factors, including the operating system, the lifetime of keyboard recorders, and the anti-infection level of the target computer. Keyboard logger is usually injected through web browser.

The security vulnerabilities of the target machine depend on the type of browser it uses; whether the operating system installed by the target machine is authentic or not, and whether the operating system updates the latest security vulnerabilities and bug fixes.

5. Be careful with USB theft programs

The stealer software retrieves your password and login credentials stored in the browser. Once FUD, some theft programs can be very powerful. In most cases, a stealer is a. bat file that can be injected online into the target machine or driven by USB.

6. Using proxy and VPN

Proxy servers and VPNs can increase the security of your Bitcoin wallet, although most people mistakenly believe that VPNs make them anonymous online. But in fact, VPN only improves the privacy of users. VPN can reduce the possibility of hackers accessing routers to open ports, which also means that they are less likely to succeed.

7. Encryption and Backup Wallet

Wallet backups are essential. If a computer or cell phone is lost, wallet backups can help recover these bitcoins.

How do I back up my wallet? First shut down the Bitcoin Guanfang client, then select the backup wallet of menu file in the main interface, copy the wallet. dat file to other hard disk partitions, mobile hard disk or U disk, and the backup can be completed.

It's important to note that the entire wallet should be backed up, not just the private key.

8 cold storage

Offline wallets are called "cold storage", which is the safest way to keep digital money.

Cold storage is an offline wallet that is disconnected from the network, that is to say, it will not be attacked by black horse and Trojan horse, but because the operation is relatively complex and the price is relatively expensive, the price of offline wallet is more than 1000 yuan, which is suitable for users who have many bitcoins and are ready to hold for a long time.

Although the operation of cold storage is relatively complex, it is the safest storage method. At present, only cold storage can make personal assets inviolable and not be supervised by others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: