Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:56:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sora (XOR) - The Decentralized Autonomous Economy  (Read 3705 times)
makoto1337 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 02:52:41 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2019, 02:50:21 AM by makoto1337

The whitepaper is not out yet (hence the pre-announcement), but I would like to hint that I am working on a new project called Sora (www.sora.org).

Sora is what I call a DAE (a decentralized autonomous economy). It's a new type of economic system where all participants in the economy decide how to mint new tokens (XOR). To find out more, feel free to ask questions here or in our chat: www.sora.org/chat

Let's create a new world where everyone can collaborate together to advance humanity.

UPDATE Shocked

The Sora main net launched on October 18, 2019!

https://vimeo.com/367353329

You can download the app at: https://ref.sora.org/join/4635e2a6

Together, let's create a new, decentralized economic system!  Cool

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 03:38:35 PM

The whitepaper is not out yet (hence the pre-announcement), but I would like to hint that I am working on a new project called Sora (www.sora.org).

Sora is what I call a DAE (a decentralized autonomous economy). It's a new type of economic system where all participants in the economy decide how to mint new tokens. To find out more, feel free to ask questions here or in our chat: www.sora.org/chat

Let's create a new world where everyone can collaborate together to advance humanity.

Sounds very similar to Umbrella dao

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
makoto1337 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 12:12:18 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2019, 08:57:00 PM by mprep

Sora is what I call a DAE (a decentralized autonomous economy). It's a new type of economic system where all participants in the economy decide how to mint new tokens. To find out more, feel free to ask questions here or in our chat: www.sora.org/chat

Sounds very similar to Umbrella dao

I took a look at your project and it looks interesting.

One major difference between Sora and Umbrella is that Sora uses an inflationary economic model where productive goods and services receive and allocation of newly minted tokens, rather than receiving investment from others. Sora's token, XOR, is also not a security token and doesn't aim to be, as there are no dividends paid. Rather, XOR aims to be a shared token used across all the goods and services that receive an allocation of newly minted tokens.

In Sora, we calculate the reputation of everyone who participates in the decision making (voting) for the creation of new tokens. People who make good decisions that benefit the economy will get a higher reputation, which equates to more voting power. In this way, the economy has a positive feedback loop that encourages people to participate and make long-term, beneficial decisions about what goods or services get an allocation of newly minted tokens.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 05:06:30 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2019, 08:57:15 PM by mprep

I've heard many wonderful things about what you guys are doing behind the scenes, look forward to seeing this project progress.

Thanks. We are doing our best and I think we can probably start to ramp up our efforts publicly in a few weeks.

When Whitepaper?

We are finalizing some of the writing now. Within 2 weeks is the goal.

I heard you are an existing company how many employees do you have and where are you guys geolocated?

My company, Soramitsu, that is creating Sora was founded 3 years ago: https://blog.soramitsu.co.jp/soramitsu-at-3-three-years-of-seeing-from-the-sky/

We created Hyperledger Iroha (https://github.com/hyperledger/iroha) and D3 Ledger (https://d3ledger.com) and are working with the National Bank of Cambodia on a blockchain-based payment system (https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/nbc-signs-blockchain-agreement).

I would say we have the technical expertise and team structure to make Sora a success as well.

By the way, I was interviewed by Kenn Bosak yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMqUtPzREsQ

Unfortunately the audio-video stack seems to have had some problems, but the content is fairly good.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
VOTECOIN_EU

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:59:11 AM

I heard you are an existing company how many employees do you have and where are you guys geolocated?

My company, Soramitsu, that is creating Sora was founded 3 years ago: https://blog.soramitsu.co.jp/soramitsu-at-3-three-years-of-seeing-from-the-sky/

We created Hyperledger Iroha (https://github.com/hyperledger/iroha) and D3 Ledger (https://d3ledger.com) and are working with the National Bank of Cambodia on a blockchain-based payment system (https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/nbc-signs-blockchain-agreement).

I would say we have the technical expertise and team structure to make Sora a success as well.

Sounds great, do you plan to do any AMA's about your project?
makoto1337 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 07:55:26 AM

No plans for AMA's yet as we haven't even released a whitepaper yet  Cheesy

We are still in semi-stealth, first community building mode.

You can see some experiments in creating our brand here: http://instagram.com/sora_xor/

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 652
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 04:35:09 PM

Reserve me a spot somewhere on this project  Cool
makoto1337 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 06:11:11 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2019, 08:57:39 PM by mprep

No plans for AMA's yet as we haven't even released a whitepaper yet  Cheesy

We are still in semi-stealth, first community building mode.

You can see some experiments in creating our brand here: http://instagram.com/sora_xor/

Great website and instagram channel, really professional.  Cheesy

You can check out our reddit too!

https://www.reddit.com/r/SORA/

Reserve me a spot somewhere on this project  Cool

We are still trying to figure out exactly how to incorporate a larger community of people. Generally some kind of decentralized bounty system would be nice. Also, we can have people run some software to secure the token across blockchain networks.

You can join out chat at http://sora.org/chat/ and try to get involved.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 04:10:35 PM

I heard as a company soramitsu work with some central banks, will this benefit the sora token in anyway?

We work with the National Bank of Cambodia, but this is a separate project and unrelated.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
TonyHughesDesign
Copper Member

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 01:57:55 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2019, 08:56:44 PM by mprep

Look forward to hearing more about the Sora project soon.. whats the best way to keep up to date with your progress?

We work with the National Bank of Cambodia, but this is a separate project and unrelated.

Unrelated but is great for us investors, when we want to know about a companies reliability and trust.. too many shoddy half completed poorly implemented MVP's

makoto1337 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2019, 12:22:25 AM

Soramitsu (one of the developers of Sora) was chosen by the W3F (people behind polkadot) to build the C++ Polkadot Runtime Environment: https://medium.com/web3foundation/w3f-grants-soramitsu-to-implement-polkadot-runtime-environment-in-c-cf3baa08cbe6

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 09:10:48 AM

Any news about the whitepaper @makoto1337? I want to see/learn more details about SORA.

To Buy, or not to Sell? That is the question.
makoto1337 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 10:23:18 AM

Any news about the whitepaper @makoto1337? I want to see/learn more details about SORA.

We just changed a few parts of our model, so I need to update the paper still. It will take a little bit longer. The implementation of the system is mostly done, however.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 04:23:34 AM

Information about Vincero can be found at https://www.vincero.life

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 08:34:40 AM

“Imagine if Bitcoin had started out not by distributing BTC as block rewards, but instead distributed rewards to a pizza company for taking BTC in exchange for their goods.  If that had been the economic model, we would have seen much more mass adoption in the last ten years.” -Makoto Takemiya, CEO of Sora.