Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:32:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: grin is now accepted for forum payments  (Read 111 times)
xtreme57 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:02:04 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 11:18:29 AM by xtreme57

Hey Theymos,

Please do not dismiss my post since I am a newbie here coz I am not in crypto space.

You have been here since the inception and understand the so called "Satoshi Vision".

A scalable, fast peer to peer currency right?

But as I see it, for something to be a global currency it has to be better than Fiat. Let's stop comparing within cryptocurrencies and because something is mildly better than the other doesn't fulfill the vision, for it needs to be used by people of the whole world, not just us enthusiasts.

PoW causes loss of energy and centralisation, true decentralisation will happen when people support and run nodes to support something they believe in and have stake in.

Nano does it all, its near instant, it doesn't need wastage of Power and had a fair distribution. It isn't like any blockchain that you keep mentioning, and above all its scalable, Grin, will again have similar scalability issues like BTC had, 10-20 TPS won't cut it, you know it.

BTC or the Satoshi vision never mentioned about having a decentralised currency that is untraceable, that is the only thing it does it well right? So why the love for untraceable currency and not the one that really hits it home to the real vision?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:55:09 AM

Have you read the Grin/Mimblewimble whitepaper? It does more than just confidential transactions.

PoW causes loss of energy and centralisation, a true a decentralisation will happen when people support and run nodes to support something they believe in and have stake in.

Please explain how PoW causes centralization?

Nano adds nothing to what Bitcoin already does:

- Bitcoin has world's most renowned and talented contributors, Nano has 6 (software) developers.
- Bitcoin has 10,368 nodes online, Nano has 730 nodes online
- Bitcoin scales much higher using LN.
- Plenty other reasons why BTC is superior.

xtreme57 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:17:00 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 11:56:23 AM by xtreme57

Pow Causes centralisation?

Bitmain. nuf said.

Nano is instant. Feeless. It's superior to fiat. That's how you compare it. Not with other cyrpto, that's how you get adoption.

Nano is new, give it time, nodes will come. It's doing very well for its age.

-User friendly Wallets
-It starts with few people man, common, just because it has a lot of developers it's superior? What argument is that, Nano has a lot of contributors as well. Look at all the community projects around it. No other new coin has that many wallets and side projects being built by the community.
-LN? Let's talk when it comes and is just as user friendly and scalable, ask your grandpa to setup a wallet and start accepting micropayments with LN.

Nano is new tech from ground up, I am asking Theymos when he can support untraceable currency because it's not another clone, why not a coin that really is something ideally close to the vision. Something that can be used by everyday joe for micropayments and the network can handle it.

Second layer solutions can only do so much, I love BTC and I have been holding mine for a while but new, better tech is going to be the next internet currency. Nano is awfully close, second layer solutions like LN, Mixers for privacy can also be applied to Nano as well.

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 12:01:53 PM

Pow Causes centralisation?

Bitmain. nuf said.

Bitmain produces miners. They run 2-3 mining pools but they can't control the individual miners using their pools. BTC hashrate is very well distributed and is hardly centralized.

Nano is instant. Feeless. It's superior to fiat. That's how you compare it. Not with other cyrpto, that's how you get adoption.

Yet here you are, comparing NANO to other cryptocurrencies.

Nano is new, give it time, nodes will come. It's doing very well for its age.

-User friendly Wallets

NANO isn't that new, it's a rebranded coin. A lot of cryptocurrencies have user friendly wallets.

-It starts with few people man, common, just because it has a lot of developers it's superior?

I am not talking about the quantity of the developers. I am talking about the quality. You can't compare Bitcoin Core developers with NANO developers, they're in a different league.

-LN? Let's talk when it comes and is just as user friendly and scalable, ask your grandpa to setup a wallet and start accepting micropayments with LN.

Several plug and play LN nodes are being developed (Like Casa Node). Anyone can run an LN node, even your grandpa.Sending LN payments is just as easy, here is a 5 year old sending payments:
https://twitter.com/Molde196411/status/1090223418925039616?s=19.

why not a coin that really is something ideally close to the vision.

Bitcoin IS the vision. Why add support for a cryptocurrency that isn't adding something new (like mimblewimble) and is only claiming to come close to "the original vision"?
xtreme57 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 12:47:26 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 01:12:33 PM by xtreme57

Clearly this isn't a logical discussion when you are just being a child and saying stuff like "Bitcoin has superior developers" and 5 year old can start implementing LN and wallets are very user friendly to use.

I clearly said, Nano is superior to Fiat. No other peer to peer cryptocurrency can be compared at the moment. It's feeless and has all the properties of digital cash.

Bitmain has nearly 50% of hashrate as reported very recently. Theoretically anyone can be them. If not Bitmain, someone else. Hence PoW is DOA. Let's agree to disagree on this one.

As i said, side chain solutions are not robust & user friendly enough. Scaling has to be onchain. We are all thankful for BTC for the vision and proof of concept but adoption will come from only a tech that your street hotdog vendor can download today and start accepting. Something having instantaneous transfer of value and ideal properties of a digital cash is the future.

I am pretty sure even if I get Satoshi Nakamoto to come here and tell you this, you will just keep arguing without any logic. I rest my case. I would like to hear other senior members, and preferably Theymos on why only a privacy coin and not others that really solve the issues BTC has is being supported by this legacy forum.

Before you say something, get yourself upto the speed about Nano. Download and use the wallets. Review the code. Read the whitepaper. I am all in for a digital cash that is free to use by all humanity, but right now no other crypto has what Nano has and I wouldn't come here expecting that everyone will acknowledge that and will change their mind overnight or something, but when the admin here says he is open to Alt and quotes Satoshi being welcoming to that, but put a blind eye to a coin that really fulfills the vision, i couldn't help but ask.

If this is something like, my forum my rules, I am happy to leave it out.

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:11:19 PM

I'm going to end this conversation by quoting Satoshi himself:

Quote from: Satoshi
If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
Qwahzi

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:38:11 PM

I'm going to end this conversation by quoting Satoshi himself:

Quote from: Satoshi
If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.

Satoshi talked about Nano's consensus mechanism almost 10 years ago:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423.msg3819#msg3819

Read the Bitcoin whitepaper, then read the Nano whitepaper. It's crazy how similar the vision is.

Then go try out Nano for yourself and see that it actually works.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 01:42:11 PM

Can you stop shilling the shitcoin Nano here? It's one of the worst things invented in recent years (out of those that have the highest marketcaps). If this turns out to be a coordinated shilling attempt, maybe it's time to kick Nano completely out of the forum. It is off-topic anyways.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kattifnatt

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:35:20 PM

It's one of the worst things invented in recent years

That's a pretty bold claim. Could you elaborate on why you think that, with rational tech based arguments?
CrytpoGod27

Activity: 245
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:13:14 PM

Can you stop shilling the shitcoin Nano here? It's one of the worst things invented in recent years (out of those that have the highest marketcaps). If this turns out to be a coordinated shilling attempt, maybe it's time to kick Nano completely out of the forum. It is off-topic anyways.

This is funny coming from someone who invests in some no-name shit coin called Vivid.... lol but okay
Exxenoz

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:46:33 PM

It's one of the worst things invented in recent years (out of those that have the highest marketcaps).
Yeah, Nano is indeed the worst thing they invented in recent years:

-no inflation
-eco-friendly
-no fees
-extremely scalable
-nearly instant
-no ico
-up to 24 zeros decimal : it's very handy if the price ever becomes huge
-still a low cap coin (which means the potential is huge)
-hardware wallet compatibility : it's on the ledger nanos
-There is the official nano wallet on both android and ios
-revolutionary tech, not a bitcoin fork
-nano technology could not be added to bitcoin through a soft fork as a second layer
-it's still quite private you can create as much wallets as you want at no cost and transfer funds as much as you want & it's more regulation friendly
-arguably less vulnerable to attacks than PoW coins
-an independent audit deemed nano as secure
-it's extremely down from ATH , if it goes back only to the last ATH to $36.60 , from the current $0.82 it's a stagering x44.63 return
-Nano is a cryptocurrency not a blockchain smart contract platform so its value reside in the store of wealth and payments, theoretically unlimited

Oh lol...
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 04:10:41 PM

Can we please remain topic and discuss Nano in the altcoin section?
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 04:14:56 PM

-it's extremely down from ATH , if it goes back only to the last ATH to $36.60 , from the current $0.82 it's a stagering x44.63 return
lol buddy do you want to see some shitcoins that have an ATH of 30000x their current prices?

If anybody makes another Bitcoin-like, they'd better not name it something stupid like NANO.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: