Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:29:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I hear that Monero has a new competitor in town  (Read 541 times)
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:07:41 PM

What about mcafee and the privacy coins he talks about?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UnruffledST (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:25:07 PM
Merited by TheBeardedBaby (1), DireWolfM14 (1)

Already Monero has many competitors but they are not enough powerful. Let the new one come and see how much it can go. It it can show better potentiality than Monero then wellcome.

Yes Monero is good but not good enough  Smiley

I think that now Monero actually has no problems. Because he is a leader in his anonymity. Therefore, I see that now there are really great opportunities that we will need soon, so Monero is a very good option.

Monero has problems in maintaining unlinkability and at the same time it is costly, some pay thousands of dollars just to maintain privacy in Monero.

Unlike Monero, who mixes transactions of its users into a ring of transaction that includes other MXR transactions to attempt to lessen the ability of tracking the orginal sender of a specific(s) transaction. Scroda routes your funds through multiple different addresses in your possesion thus not requiring third parties.

Through the use of a self anonymized routing procedure, required one time use addresses and the requirement of using of a mixing pool when needing to merge funds together allows the Scroda network to maintainng unlinkability.

Have a read at the link below and let me know your thoughts? seems pretty eye opening.

https://medium.com/@scroda/monero-has-a-new-competitor-in-town-8b489417b4a2
Well competitors xmr above the roof , such zcash for this is probably the most anonymous coin which I know , for me xmr is not very good coin , I try to stay away from her and should have taken the other coins that are more attractive

Zcash also is not 100% as nodes are able to spy on its users thus breaking its privacy.

isn't this too early to say that the scroda is a monero competitor. I really don't really understand the technology that he has, but Monero is still good.

At least you admit to not being so tech savy unlike others  Smiley kudos to you. But yes Monero is good but still not good enough it still has flaws and is costly some users who are not so tech savy as you sometimes believe they are conducting transactions in private but really are not as governments can sometimes link users transactions together.

It's not just the taste find new competitors to monero. the most notable thing, in this case, is that the fixed monero can survive and even many existing competitors thus incapable of rising expectations. even for Scroda, I guess nothing interesting to obtained therein.

Monero won't survive it's structure doesn't allow it to survive. It's fee's the way it's mixes and routes transactions all are flaws. Monero does no marketing neither if Scroda was to gain funds it would for sure surpass Monero and market it better than Monero. Scroda's ecosystem is more pleasing than monero and attracts more people with it being fee-less.

Monero's founders aren't businessmen neither.

What about mcafee and the privacy coins he talks about?

Which out of all the coins that he overhypes are you talking about? Mcafee isn't a realiable source he gets paid to promote trash projects and in all reality doesn't even care.  No one should take advice from Mcafee whose whole purpose it just to provide absurd hype.
UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 10:48:12 PM

-Bump-

These days obtaining privacy is costly with tumblers charging anywhere from 1-5% of the funds being tumbled, yes that is a really big cut. Monero also charges for privacy in where users pay more for every other person included in the mixin of their funds. Tumblers and privacy coins leave you with a pretty big bill, while still failling to offer your 100% privacy.

Is it worth paying for privacy while your transactions can still be linked back to each other? No. Should you be paying for privacy in the first place when privacy is a given right in the USA under the fourth amendment? No.

Scroda aims to offer its users 100% privacy completly free, eliminating the need of having to pay thousands and thousands of dollars on privacy alone.

Read more below.

https://medium.com/@scroda/how-scrodas-fee-less-ecosystem-allows-for-true-privacy-5ec931725a26
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2019, 11:38:30 AM

I believe that it may be interesting if this technology is implemented in one of the popular cryptocurrencies. Of course, for Monaro it can be a serious competitor, but in addition to Monero enough anonymous cryptocurrency. Therefore, it is necessary to continue to monitor the development of the Scroda project and after some time it will become clear whether it is a new leader or just another project with great potential, but poor implementation.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
ElenaN

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 12:34:34 PM

It seems to me that Monero already has enough competitors, but they are still not able to surpass it yet!
UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 05:03:20 PM

I believe that it may be interesting if this technology is implemented in one of the popular cryptocurrencies. Of course, for Monaro it can be a serious competitor, but in addition to Monero enough anonymous cryptocurrency. Therefore, it is necessary to continue to monitor the development of the Scroda project and after some time it will become clear whether it is a new leader or just another project with great potential, but poor implementation.

Thank you for the kind words, the thing is Monero wouldn't not be able to implement our model at the time, if they do they would have to rework on practically everything that they are and we are going to be coming with top quality project with truly experienced developers to avoid poor implementations.

It seems to me that Monero already has enough competitors, but they are still not able to surpass it yet!

Yes because none have been able to achieve 100% privacy as of yet, Scroda is the only project capable of doing so.
UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:23:14 PM

-Bump-

Would love to hear some thoughts and opinions.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:40:26 PM

Monero has had many competitors for a long time now. Just have look at cryptunit.com, there are so many coins built on Cryptonight protocol. What makes Monero different is that it is famous and has high liquidity.

UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 09:20:10 PM

Monero has had many competitors for a long time now. Just have look at cryptunit.com, there are so many coins built on Cryptonight protocol. What makes Monero different is that it is famous and has high liquidity.

Anything on the cryptonight protocol is no real competition because it does not provide 100% privacy, Scroda aims to offer 100% privacy thus having more value Monero

And I completly agree on the high liquidity but there is one thing to take note is that if Scroda was to come into reality it would have alot more liquidity than Monero, like way more Monero would be no competition as Scroda is more than just a privacy coin and has real value and aims to bring new users into the crypto community so it would have a larger user base as it is providing value to more than just one market.  Smiley
bgpsq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 09:59:37 PM

Big problem monero faces is  Mimblewimble protocol, and the fact that Grin and Beam are using it, which made them huge gainers in the last days. However it is still popular on the dark web, but not sure if for a long time...
UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:44:21 AM

Big problem monero faces is  Mimblewimble protocol, and the fact that Grin and Beam are using it, which made them huge gainers in the last days. However it is still popular on the dark web, but not sure if for a long time...

But you are bringin up Grim and Beam who have privacy flaws which do not make them powerful enough yet neither to truly be 100% private? Take a look below.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/battle-privacycoins-what-we-know-about-grin-and-beams-mimblewimble/

Interesting. I didn't invest too much time into Grin, I thought I'll do that at a later point. I guess that'll not be necessary anymore Smiley
Then.. I stand corrected: not even Grin would be any good, which means that Monero is still safe in its position. Thanks for the link.

PS. Maybe Scroda will have a future. Time will tell Wink

Take a look Grin nor the Mimblewimble protocol is 100% private.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:27:09 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2019, 03:41:18 PM by Febo

There's plenty of Monero competitors, but only ZCash has an actual community and adoption. And only Grin has good tech, deserving to go toe-to-toe.
But Grin's tech is already being implemented in Litecoin so I feel like MimbleWimble coins are doomed on arrival, and Monero will remain the most popular coin of its kind.

ZCash have no community. Not on reddit not here not anywhere. ZCash have founding company with rich strong owners. They make influence so ZCash was added on all exchanges and services. But there is no community.

Smiley  maybe its a sign that there is still room for competition.

I feel like most teams do not have much business experience, just because someone is a coder doesbt mean their a businessman and Monero has stopped marketing their product long ago it's just its community that keeps it going. Another new better coin can easily overtake Monero if funds are raised.

Monero never marketed its product since there is no Monero. Monero is a opensource community project. Monero are you and me.

No it cant. Opensource community driven projects always win over company founded ones.  Do you know that Microsoft spend $1 billion on a Microsoft Wikipedia.  Wikipedia had zero founds but is opensource and community driven and won!!!

I think that now Monero actually has no problems. Because he is a leader in his anonymity. Therefore, I see that now there are really great opportunities that we will need soon, so Monero is a very good option.

Monero has problems in maintaining unlinkability and at the same time it is costly, some pay thousands of dollars just to maintain privacy in Monero.

Monero have no problems with any likability. Monero as was build in 2014 had little anon features. Then it was rebased and got added more stuff and is keep adding new stuff. Last were bulletproofs.
What are you talking about? I pay 2 cents fee to send totally unlikable transaction.

Monero was developed by user thankful_for_today on this forum. No one knows who he is except you do know he is not a businessman.

LOL this is an ICO. Forget what I asked no need to answer anything.  If an idea is not that good to attract developers come work voluntary then is a shitty idea.

UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 04:50:26 PM

There's plenty of Monero competitors, but only ZCash has an actual community and adoption. And only Grin has good tech, deserving to go toe-to-toe.
But Grin's tech is already being implemented in Litecoin so I feel like MimbleWimble coins are doomed on arrival, and Monero will remain the most popular coin of its kind.

ZCash have no community. Not on reddit not here not anywhere. ZCash have founding company with rich strong owners. They make influence so ZCash was added on all exchanges and services. But there is no community.

Smiley  maybe its a sign that there is still room for competition.

I feel like most teams do not have much business experience, just because someone is a coder doesbt mean their a businessman and Monero has stopped marketing their product long ago it's just its community that keeps it going. Another new better coin can easily overtake Monero if funds are raised.

Monero never marketed its product since there is no Monero. Monero is a opensource community project. Monero are you and me.

No it cant. Opensource community driven projects always win over company founded ones.  Do you know that Microsoft spend $1 billion on a Microsoft Wikipedia.  Wikipedia had zero founds but is opensource and community driven and won!!!

Monero have no problems with any likability. Monero as was build in 2014 had little anon features. Then it was rebased and got added more stuff and is keep adding new stuff. Last were bulletproofs.
What are you talking about? I pay 2 cents fee to send totally unlikable transaction.

Monero was developed by user thankful_for_today on this forum. No one knows who he is except you do know he is not a businessman.

LOL this is an ICO. Forget what I asked no need to answer anything.  If an idea is not that good to attract developers come work voluntary then is a shitty idea.

https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/338.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjF7ODVmsPgAhXvqFkKHWFjC5AQFjAFegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw0QT8VUhbs6wkr_F31_C6iG

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1704.04299/

I mean you aren't kidding no one by saying Monero isn't private and even though Monero is community driven it could still do marketing but hey what are they going to market? are they going to tell the people we charge you for transactions but still do not provide you true privacy?

I think not.

Your comment just makes you look bad and trollish.

UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 05:57:18 PM

-Bump-

Would love to hear some thoughts and opinions on people who actually read the content in the thread.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:03:17 AM

But i think it will be very difficult for Scroda to competing with existing private coin like Monero.
Many peoples already use monero coin because it is provide privacy when we using the coin.
There were many competitor of Monero, but none of them can surpassing the Monero value and marketcap.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:11:33 AM

But i think it will be very difficult for Scroda to competing with existing private coin like Monero.
Many peoples already use monero coin because it is provide privacy when we using the coin.
There were many competitor of Monero, but none of them can surpassing the Monero value and marketcap.

Anything on the cryptonight protocol is no real competition because it does not provide 100% privacy, Scroda aims to offer 100% privacy thus having more value Monero

And I completly agree on the high liquidity but there is one thing to take note is that if Scroda was to come into reality it would have alot more liquidity than Monero, like way more Monero would be no competition as Scroda is more than just a privacy coin and has real value and aims to bring new users into the crypto community so it would have a larger user base as it is providing value to more than just one market.  Smiley

It has been discussed and is a invalid point.

Again looking to have a intellectual conversation, not pointless conversations with people just throwing out completly invalid arguments
ronwewee
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:23:45 AM

There are many competitors for Monero, but none is powerful enough. And I will not discuss about the coins whose anonymity is not 100% certain, those I don't care about.
Actually the only worthy new competitor for Monero would be Grin, if people would accept its inflationary nature.

In the trading industry, more competitors, more opportunity that these coins will going to be develop in some times. Which creates hype that will going to be a good opportunity for us to buy and sell.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: