Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:05:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OTC] MoonTrade: The First OTC Exchange for BTC, ETH and XRP Trading  (Read 777 times)
sapta (OP)
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1718
Merit: 1205

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 06:47:03 AM
Merited by coupable (1)

The first OTC exchange to offer both BTC, ETH and XRP trading

What is Moon Trade?

Moon Trade is an OTC crypto marketplace designed to facilitate cryptocurrency.
transactions as they were intended. Between people, from Buyer to Seller.

How does it work?

The way it works is that e.g. you want to buy some Bitcoin, Ethereum or Ripple (all of
which can be bought at MoonTrade.org) you go to the "Buy" section of the website
and contact one of the many Sellers whose ads you see. You have the option to
select how you would like to pay the Seller as well, it could be in cash, via a bank
transfer (like Zelle), via PayPal or Venmo, or if you are in Europe, Russia or Africa
via TransferWise, Qiwi and M-Pesa etc. It also has support for Alipay and WeChat pay for China. It is as simple as that!

✔ Improved Features ✔

Our development for Moon Trade started in January 2018, launch was in November 2018.
This is the first OTC exchange that offers one easy place to trade Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple.
A lot of ex-OTC traders advised us on this and so we have put in place robust seller-protection
mechanisms as well as buyer protection mechanisms.

Also, after hearing multiple complaints about LBC we’ve improved in many areas such as:

✔ Lower fees from 0.02- 1% depending on trade amount.
✔ No ad limits. Sellers or buyers can post as many ads as they want to.
✔ No ad-activation or deposit fee. To cover any ads you must have a minimum amount of 0.04 BTC on
  LBC, on MoonTrade.org there are no such fees. Other exchanges also charge you for depositing your own money,
  MoonTrade does not charge you anything for depositing crypto.
✔ Support for popular options such as less KYC and trusting sellers toimplement their own country’s regulations.
✔ Support for popular payment options like Zelle, QIWI, M-Pesa, iTunes etc
✔ Upcoming support for more crypto currencies.
✔ Fully functional escrow, dispute and support system. And unlike LBC we do not take 48 hours to 2 weeks to respond  Tongue
✔ Faster deposit speeds than other exchanges. Faster withdrawal as well.
✔ Disputes can be initiated without waiting for a buyer or seller to come back if they are away and admins respond much faster.
✔ Original Content.  We also curate and publish regular content relevant to the crypto OTC trading world and people are welcome to contribute their views.
✔ Our focus is not only in the United States but also in international markets like Europe, South
  America, Asia and Africa. We've included payment methods most useful to these regions and constantly strive to
  improve service in these areas.

Join MoonTrade today to be a part of the future of Peer to Peer Crypto trading.

✔ Follow Us ✔

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 12:38:42 AM

Upon sign up in the website, I encountered some problems:

1) On mobile, after clicking submit, I got "email, username, and password are required" (something like that) even though all fields were filled
2) On desktop, I got "Verification failed." after clicking the verification link sent on email

Looking for FAQ as well. I have questions in mind like the withdrawal fee.
asche
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489

I forgot more than you will ever know.

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:16:53 PM

2. Withdrawal Fees are calculated dynamically and fall within these ranges:

Not enough services offer this.
Glad it is the case with MoonTrade. Will try the service out Smiley
sapta (OP)
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 04:15:23 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2019, 03:54:26 PM by sapta

Dear Bitcointalk MoonTraders!

Today we're going to start a trading competition and give out 0.001 BTC to each of the first 30 accounts that complete 2 selling/buying transactions on the platform.

Please read the rules below to join this competition:

- Fill this form: Google Form
- Register at MoonTrade.org
- Verify your email
- Activate Vendor Status
- Post a Buy or Sell ad
- Complete at least 2 transactions. (You need to receive a successful transactions with positive feedback, negative feedback will result in removal from the competition)
- Ads can be posted in either BTC, ETH or XRP.

Info for traders:

1. MoonTrade charges a fee for each trade. This fee ranges from 0.25%-1% depending on volume of trade.

2. MoonTrade has no deposit fees.

3. MoonTrade withdrawal fees are dynamic and fall in a range as follows:
BTC- 0.0001 to 0.0005 depending on network
ETH - 0.003 to 0.008 depending on network.
XRP - 0.3 to 0.8 depending on ledger.

4. MoonTrade has no deposit requirements to post ads. You can sign up and post ads. However if you do not have the funds to cover your sell ads, buyers will not be able to open a transaction with you.

This competition will run until there are 30 valid accounts with at least 2 trades completed and rewards will be distributed right away after you completed the 2nd transaction.
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:12:43 PM

Few days ago, i tried to make a register at your website in order to join the bounty campaigns. It wasn't possible using my chrome navigator after filling the boxes (only with navigator suggestion, i wasn't able to write) and finally can't hit the submit button.
I don't know if it was a site error or due to navigator troubles.
Today, i tried again and everything was smoothly done and successfully registered. I just thought that i can post this here to let you know about my failed try and review the error.
sapta (OP)
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 03:55:08 PM

Update on the trading competition:

Rewards will be distributed right away after you completed the 2nd valid transaction!
asche
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:34:20 PM

I just wanted to share something that surprised me regarding the withdrawal fees.

I am not demanding anything, just honestly surprised and would like to know if someone else thinks like me.

usually when you request a withdrawal from a platform, you pay a one time fee, and you receive the amount requested, or the amount requested - the fixed or variable fee taken from the platform.

This is however not how it works with Moontrade.

When you request the withdrawal, the actual network fee is deducted from the amount, and an EXTRA fee (that is variable according to the team) is deducted.
For me this is like paying twice for the withdrawal. Either I pay directly for my withdrawal fee, or the platform takes a one time fixed/variable fee and manages to pay the network fee with it.

Waiting for your input guys.
asche
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:22:46 PM

MoonTrade charges lower fees and the transaction is broken down and completely transparent on the Blockchain so user's know exactly what is being charged by the network, what is being charged by MoonTrade (depending on the load on our resources interfacing with the network at that time)

That's a fair point, however I don't see how higher network usage makes your fees higher since I am already paying the higher network fee from my own balance. Please elaborate.

To change this would mean being LESS TRANSPARENT with users, which is not our priority. We would rather that user's know exactly what is going on and make an informed decision than leave them guessing. Other OTC exchanges also charge deposit fees and fees to post ads, which MoonTrade does not. Seeing as this hasn't been addressed in the question, we're going to assume you have not tried the full range of services MoonTrade offers. If you haven't tried them then you won't know the value of the platform, just saying.

This is a good point and I appreciate it.
What I don't like is paying twice. I know what the network fee is for, I still don't get how your fee is variable.

Best transparency would be fixed sum for you guys and then the actual network fee. However this is not the case.

Also in the end you don't know how much you will be going to pay before pressing "send". Which is actually not transparent at all.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 02:44:29 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2019, 02:55:10 PM by vv181

I've just trying to open the site, and the article post order by date is kind of messed up (?). Also, some of the articles images aren't displaying.

EDIT:
When I tried to verify my email, it still gives popout warning about couldn't send the verification code, but a few minutes later I got the verification email code.

Anyway, did you have any plan to implement backup codes for 2FA?
vv181
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 03:54:08 PM

If you are saying that the article dates themselves are incorrect(?)

Nah, it makes senses if the articles are randomized.

In my taste, it is a bit off about the articles grid isn't aligned. I don't know if your UX/UI team is preplanned it or have a good reason about it. Perhaps you could add some consistency like a fixed title font size, adding image every article or smth.

As for backup codes for 2FA, that is a great suggestion and yes we do have it in the roadmap for Beta 2.
Nice, it's great to have a 2FA backup codes, It might save us some time if bad things happen.

After all, keep up the good work! Wink
asche
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 08:30:09 PM

Some issues:
- Impossible to show balance of any currency
- XRP withdrawal impossible. Tried to withdraw XRP. Balance should be 45, not working with amount 45 or 44.9 or 44,9.

Wallet interface is everything BUT user friendly.
sapta (OP)
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 04:23:28 PM

Some issues:
- Impossible to show balance of any currency
- XRP withdrawal impossible. Tried to withdraw XRP. Balance should be 45, not working with amount 45 or 44.9 or 44,9.

Wallet interface is everything BUT user friendly.

They just did a wallet upgrade for all crypto and currently bug-fixing the non display balances. Hope to see more friendly UI sometimes in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, we're cooking a social media campaign bounty right here with BTC reward.
asche
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:32:02 PM

They just did a wallet upgrade for all crypto and currently bug-fixing the non display balances. Hope to see more friendly UI sometimes in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, we're cooking a social media campaign bounty right here with BTC reward.

Wallet upgrade still ongoing as it seems. Was promised for yesterday on support ticket, but I guess it is a bit trickier than expected.
I wouldn't be surprised if that delays the payouts for 1 day Smiley

Wouldn't be worried tho. The team seems very serious.
asche
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 05:21:32 PM

Wallets are now fully updated!  Smiley

If you are a part of the last bounty then you should see the BTC payouts shortly as well.

And Sapta is correct, we are looking forward to starting a social media bounty.

still getting invalid amount error when withdrawing XRP.

Balance 45.

Tried 45, 44.8 44,9 44.8 and 44.9. Neither worked.
vv181
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 03:48:22 PM

I'm confirming that the XRP wallet is now usable. After all, I tried to withdraw my BItcoin to Bench32 address, but it not supported.

It would be convenient if you could add some plan to make bench32 address available for withdrawal.
asche
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:45:48 AM

I'm confirming that the XRP wallet is now usable. After all, I tried to withdraw my BItcoin to Bench32 address, but it not supported.

It would be convenient if you could add some plan to make bench32 address available for withdrawal.

Guessing you mean bech32

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bech32
vv181
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 01:05:40 PM

@MoonTrade  Looks like I got some problem while trying to withdraw my XRP, I have sent you a support ticket.

Just some small suggestion for wallet thingy, in the notification page, we got the TXID when depositing, but not when withdrawal. I believe adding it on both types of transaction won't be troublesome.

Guessing you mean bech32

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bech32
Correct, I've mistyped it.

vv181
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 04:11:03 AM

Usually when you withdraw BTC or ETH or XRP, you receive a web, email and text notification with the amount withdrawn and the address withdrawn to, along with the transaction ID. Which wallet was this? BTC, ETH or XRP. We will look into this, busy with rolling out updated ETH wallet, TUSD support and multiple fiat-support for now.  Smiley

Well, that strange I did got an email notification for BTC and XRP withdrawal but none of them contain any TXID.

Yep, take it easy, it is just a small detail, just prioritize on the big ones instead.

Issues resolved, thanks for quick responses
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 08:25:29 AM

Hello MoonTrade representatives.

Can someone tell me the exact fee for BTC withdrawal?

BTC: 0.0001 to 0.0005 depending on the network.

I had 0.001 BTC, made a withdrawal of 0.000990 BTC and still has 0.00001000 BTC on the balance. The equals 0.001 BTC, but it is strange, that I got an error when I tried to withdraw 0.001 BTC.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BITpashaCOIN
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 09:04:05 PM

Hello to the Moontrade team! Recently drew attention to you, but rather after this problem with Localbitcoins and verification level T2 (when you have the volume of transactions for the year more than 20k usd). Where can I read more about your bonus, which you write in tweets ? Sounds too tempting. Can any of the forum participants share their experience on this platform?
PS: here's this tweet https://twitter.com/MoonTradeX/status/1161566027462926336

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: