Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:52:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Khabib and Conor fines and suspensions  (Read 244 times)
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:26:36 PM

Anyway, Khabib said he'll be coming back in a year together with his friends who had longer sentences.  But I think he's gonna be convinced by Dana White to defend his vs Ferguson...  Fifth time's the charm.  Crossing my fingers.  Grin
Khabib will stand by his friends no matter what like he said earlier and it looks like he will stand by his words. I am waiting for Tony vs Khabib for years and hope we will finally see that fight come to fruition. This is the most unluckiest match up in MMA history as I never heard any other match up being pulled at the last moment like this one. The anticipation is that both are really good ground fighters and Tony is dangerous even in his back and that makes this fight interesting.
But still they do still risk their title over to a kids fight without even sinking the situation in to their brains. Both fighters are making history and they shouldn't let that comes into their minds because that is all about business. Everything is a business when there is a lot of money pouring on them. I guess someone is not yet really used to with the business industry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Japinat

Activity: 2954
Merit: 680

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:07:42 AM

Do you think it's fair that Khabib will be fined $500K + suspension? His $2 mil purse is still withheld up to now. Conor received $50K fined only. Or is this fair since Khabib is the one who started all this issue?

It's just fair, he started the whole thing, he emotion rise and he act things that he will regret in the future.
I watch the fight live and actually won easily since I back Khabib to win, but the post fight action shows something that this guy is not professional.
I mean, he is fighting for a living, he should protect his source of income, let the trash talk pass, he already beat the ass of Conor in the fight.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 10:06:33 AM

I also agree that its fair. Of course, we can't take away the fact that Conor throw something in the bus that causes people to get injured, but Khabib actions may have caused a big melee inside and outside of the fight venue.

He put risk on everyone not just to himself, but ordinary people who watch the fight. I do hope that he learn his lessons here because $500K is a huge sum of money.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 04:34:07 AM

$500K fine for a $2 million winning, it's a crazy amount of fine, the offense must be really serious.
We don't know how they arrive with that figure but I guess they should be more focus on the suspension,
they could increase the number of months rather than focusing on the monetary penalty.

$500K  is a pretty huge amount considering the amount of money he makes is not that big, if he could make at least $25 or more
then maybe it's reasonable, but I don't know if that range is possible with UFC.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:25:21 AM

$500K fine for a $2 million winning, it's a crazy amount of fine, the offense must be really serious.
We don't know how they arrive with that figure but I guess they should be more focus on the suspension,
they could increase the number of months rather than focusing on the monetary penalty.

I think that's the main reason why everyone is calling it unfair. Khabib doesn't make that kind of money and I reckon that's the biggest purse he got in his MMA career. So taking $500K is a very big deal for him and his team.

$500K  is a pretty huge amount considering the amount of money he makes is not that big, if he could make at least $25 or more
then maybe it's reasonable, but I don't know if that range is possible with UFC.

Exactly, that's what I'm trying to say, but the decision has been handed already and I don't think he can motion for a lesser fine.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 03:37:50 PM

With this 2 fighters out for a few months, UFC and Dana White should look for other fighters that they can replace Khabib and Conor's popularity for the mean time. This two are good in in terms revenues because of ticket sales and PPVs, other cash cows of UFC are already out of UFC and some already had a recent fight.

I guess both getting fines and suspension are just fine, we should not look only on what happened after the fight because if we also look at the action of Conor before this fight was even scheduled, Conor should be slapped with a heavy fine.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 10:47:27 PM

I also agree that its fair. Of course, we can't take away the fact that Conor throw something in the bus that causes people to get injured, but Khabib actions may have caused a big melee inside and outside of the fight venue.

He put risk on everyone not just to himself, but ordinary people who watch the fight. I do hope that he learn his lessons here because $500K is a huge sum of money.
With that amount you would really able to learn  Grin

For sure he do regret on what he have done into those times.If the amount won is big then 500k penalty wont really bother out but for just $2M minus on fine which is 25% then you cant avoid not to react with it.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 02:59:46 AM

Exactly, that's what I'm trying to say, but the decision has been handed already and I don't think he can motion for a lesser fine.
He cannot do anything since his winning was still withheld, and I think the organization will just deduct the penalty to his winning
once it's release to him. Khabib needs to stay cool, he should work on his mind and not only his emotion because this mistake is very costly to him.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 444

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 03:44:34 AM

He cannot do anything since his winning was still withheld, and I think the organization will just deduct the penalty to his winning
once it's release to him. Khabib needs to stay cool, he should work on his mind and not only his emotion because this mistake is very costly to him.
That's right, as far I know they're still withholding Khabib's purse in this fight and I think the decision is final so there's no chance for him to make a appeal or something. And he won't be fighting in the next coming months as well so he should take that opportunity to learn that this is just business and Conor might go overboard but its just for the hype to get more people to watch so win-win for both of them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3890

Visit: r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 06:16:53 AM

This is a follow up as to what had happened when this two met in the ring a couple of months ago. We all know that Khabib went after Conor's team after he won the fight.

Khabib Nurmagomedov receives nine-month suspension, $500K fine for role in UFC 229 brawl

On Tuesday’s meeting of the Nevada Athletic Commission, a five-member committee voted in favor of a settlement agreement that will see Nurmagomedov receive a nine-month suspension and a $500,000 fine for his involvement in the UFC 229 post-fight brawl. The suspension can be reduced by up to three months pending Nurmagomedov’s participation in an anti-bullying public service announcement that must be approved by the NAC.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/29/18202132/khabib-nurmagomedov-receives-nine-month-suspension-500k-fine-for-role-in-ufc-229-brawl

Conor McGregor receives six-month suspension, fined $50,000 for role in UFC 229 brawl
Conor McGregor will be eligible for his return to the Octagon on April 6 having received a six-month suspension for his role on the UFC 229 post-fight fracas.

On Tuesday, five members of the National Athletic Commission voted in favor of a settlement agreement that will see McGregor fined $50,000 and receive a six-month suspension. McGregor’s suspension will be retroactive to Oct. 6, 2018, allowing him to compete again by Apr. 6.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/29/18202339/conor-mcgregor-receives-six-month-suspension-fined-50000-for-role-in-ufc-229-brawl

Do you think it's fair that Khabib will be fined $500K + suspension? His $2 mil purse is still withheld up to now. Conor received $50K fined only. Or is this fair since Khabib is the one who started all this issue?

Just got interested to comment on this topic seeing the fine amount. Seriously this is justice? I thought it was Conor who was doing all the wrong doing. He and his team provoked Khabib with personal attack. These media, justice system always favors those with much BS. 

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 06:23:02 AM

Yes indeed, he already a champ and he need to act accordingly and not to be overcome with his emotions, this incidents will also be served as a lesson for all the fighters inside this sports, they need to make sure to have a professional ethics, this is now a type of sports and no longer a cage fight underground like before.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 07:18:25 AM

$500K is too small considering the danger of that stunt that he did after the match. Imagine if it created a rumble inside venue and caused stampede, people will be injured and there will be damage to property. This will also set a precedent to those who always jumps out to octagon after winning the fight so that they 

Certainly this is right,we know that in every fight in the ring the fans inside is divided into two factions  and just a spark will ignite the fire

That unprofessional action of Khabib only shows the UFC world how undisciplined fighter he was,and if i were to decide for sure i will banned him forever in UFC ring for not considering the safeties of all people inside the dome

On the other hand Conor should be penalized more than $50k since they are both show unprofessionally
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: