Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:47:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Green New Deal  (Read 724 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 02:48:36 AM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:47:27 AM

Thorium is today.

No.
Not at all.

Thorium is "not so far tomorrow normally".

Not today.

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:49:57 AM

My son just showed this to me.  If it wasn't so true it would be hilarious.

Are you all "free citizen of the glorius America without too much government cause the Fathers were goddamn right about how horrible democracy is" even aware that normally government = citizens?

That's even the reason of your second amendment if you weren't such cowards...

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 10:31:13 AM

Thorium is today.

No.
Not at all.

Thorium is "not so far tomorrow normally".

Not today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium-based_nuclear_power#Background_and_brief_history

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2013/06/130605-small-modular-nuclear-reactors-tennessee/

My son just showed this to me.  If it wasn't so true it would be hilarious.

Are you all "free citizen of the glorius America without too much government cause the Fathers were goddamn right about how horrible democracy is" even aware that normally government = citizens?

That's funny. The government = citizens. That is the whole point of The Constitution and The Bill of Rights, to make sure the people have equal POWER with the government. It very explicitly limits government power, and details birth rights the government can neither grant nor take away. What are you implying, unless we start a civil war against ourselves we are cowards? I am sure you are very hard core on the internet. Where are you from again? Lets talk about your nation.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:38:09 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten_salt_reactor

That's funny. The government = citizens. That is the whole point of The Constitution and The Bill of Rights, to make sure the people have equal POWER with the government. It very explicitly limits government power, and details birth rights the government can neither grant nor take away. What are you implying, unless we start a civil war against ourselves we are cowards? I am sure you are very hard core on the internet. Where are you from again? Lets talk about your nation.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 11:00:29 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten_salt_reactor

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

BWAHAHA now you care about logical fallacies do you? That wasn't an argument, that was literally me just asking you what nation you are from. You seem to purposely obfuscate it while constantly criticizing other nations. I am curious.

Also what does that have to do with the fact that thorium reactors are not future technology?
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 11:13:43 AM

BWAHAHA now you care about logical fallacies do you? That wasn't an argument, that was literally me just asking you what nation you are from. You seem to purposely obfuscate it while constantly criticizing other nations. I am curious.
Absolutely not, I'm criticizing the bizarre state of mind of American patriot who want so much to act like the "funding fathers" wanted them to while not doing what they really did.

France if your question has any interest.

Also what does that have to do with the fact that thorium reactors are not future technology?

Well it was probably not clear but as your answer were just 2 Wikipedia links I acted the same.

Thorium aren't future technology indeed. But when you say Thorium reactors, 98% of the time you in fact mean either subcritical reactors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerator-driven_subcritical_reactor) which are still in research or molten salt reactors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten_salt_reactor) which are in the end of research cycle but still not operationnal.

Anyone saying Thorium reactors refers to those 2 because those are the 2 reactors supposed to bring nuclear energy to the next level.

Coin4commies clearly talked about those 2 types of reactors saying that Thorium and fusion are future...

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 11:36:05 AM

Absolutely not, I'm criticizing the bizarre state of mind of American patriot who want so much to act like the "funding fathers" wanted them to while not doing what they really did.

Well it was probably not clear but as your answer were just 2 Wikipedia links I acted the same.

Thorium aren't future technology indeed. But when you say Thorium reactors, 98% of the time you in fact mean either subcritical reactors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerator-driven_subcritical_reactor) which are still in research or molten salt reactors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten_salt_reactor) which are in the end of research cycle but still not operationnal.

Anyone saying Thorium reactors refers to those 2 because those are the 2 reactors supposed to bring nuclear energy to the next level.

Coin4commies clearly talked about those 2 types of reactors saying that Thorium and fusion are future...

Do you mind rephrasing that first statement again, only this time with a clear premise.

Oh I see, since what he was talking about was not what you were thinking about, you aren't wrong then huh? Coin4commies is not an expert on anything except Critical Theory, so sorry if I missed his expert review.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 12:25:10 PM

Leaving nit picking aside I'd absolutely love to see a ten year crash program to bring molten salt reactors operational. So would a whole lot of other people.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 12:31:03 PM

Do you mind rephrasing that first statement again, only this time with a clear premise.

Oh I see, since what he was talking about was not what you were thinking about, you aren't wrong then huh? Coin4commies is not an expert on anything except Critical Theory, so sorry if I missed his expert review.

Your argument is incredibly ridiculous considering the fact that if you take "thorium reactor" in its broad definition, it' live since half of the 20th century. It's completely obvious that he wasn't referring to those old technologies otherwise his post makes no sense at all... We're talking fututistic technologies here, trying to say "hmm when you say thorium reactors you refer to 60 old reactors" is either a misunderstanding due to lack of knowledge (which is fine and needs explanations) or complete bad faith. Which side are you on?

For the first statement:
-I'm not criticizing America in itself which would make no sense considering the size and diversity of the country
-I'm criticizing American patriots who seem so afraid of their government and are so fond of their funding fathers and their constitution while not using the it like their funding fathers did.

Clearer now?

Leaving nit picking aside I'd absolutely love to see a ten year crash program to bring molten salt reactors operational. So would a whole lot of other people.
You were the one nit picking.

And there is no way a ten year program can lead to a guaranteed success in such complex field. A ten year crash program is completely stupid. That's basically saying "ok guys, scientists are going to find this revolutionnary tech in 10 years I'm confident, let's stop everything as we won't need it once they found the answer".

Subsidize research. A lot. Once the tech is mastered, crash all the old reactors.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 03:50:32 PM

And there is no way a ten year program can lead to a guaranteed success in such complex field. A ten year crash program is completely stupid. That's basically saying "ok guys, scientists are going to find this revolutionnary tech in 10 years I'm confident, let's stop everything as we won't need it once they found the answer".

Subsidize research. A lot. Once the tech is mastered, crash all the old reactors.

Well if I agree with you, then we agree that the "Green new deal 10 year crash program" is also completely stupid.

I think I'll agree with you.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 04:14:55 PM

Well if I agree with you, then we agree that the "Green new deal 10 year crash program" is also completely stupid.

Can't say, haven't read it.

But if it somehow implies that you will shut down your reactors BEFORE finishing the research, that's the dumbest idea I've heard coming from anyone else than TECSHARE for a looooooong time.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 07:44:43 PM

Your argument is incredibly ridiculous considering the fact that if you take "thorium reactor" in its broad definition, it' live since half of the 20th century. It's completely obvious that he wasn't referring to those old technologies otherwise his post makes no sense at all... We're talking fututistic technologies here, trying to say "hmm when you say thorium reactors you refer to 60 old reactors" is either a misunderstanding due to lack of knowledge (which is fine and needs explanations) or complete bad faith. Which side are you on?

For the first statement:
-I'm not criticizing America in itself which would make no sense considering the size and diversity of the country
-I'm criticizing American patriots who seem so afraid of their government and are so fond of their funding fathers and their constitution while not using the it like their funding fathers did.

Clearer now?

Yeah except its really not future technology in spite of your relativism and demands he must be speaking of the very specific type of model you were thinking of in your head but only later mentioned when called out on it then and insisted this could be the only way.

It is kind of hard to use the government in the same way... when the government is no where near the same thing so. Cool story bro. Maybe you can tell me more about my own country while you tell me more about how those protests are "scaling down" in yours eh?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 01:25:49 AM

Can't say, haven't read it.

But if it somehow implies that you will shut down your reactors BEFORE finishing the research, that's the dumbest idea I've heard coming from anyone else than TECSHARE for a looooooong time.

Yes you've just heard the dumbest idea you'll hear in a long time. Not worth reading the stupid thing. See, somehow in the USA green libtards are all anti-nuclear, which one of the few redeeming things about France, is that France is pro-nuclear.

Here, they'll lie and duck and dodge about the matter, but it's basically just plain true to say Green == anti-nuclear. Side note: I always have suspected that was due to back door funding of our Dems from Saudi oil interests, since it was rational that to the extent America went off nuclear, we went on oil ( eg Saudi oil).
coins4commies (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 05:15:36 AM

The reason is because the way the litigation works in this country it takes 40 years to put a new nuclear plant online.  We don't have a system in place to move waste around long distances nor do we have reprocessing infrastructure.  Fossil fuel people push for nuclear as green energy, not because they want nuclear, but because they know it will buy them several more decades of fossil fuel burning.

We can't afford any more delay.  WE have to take a path we a certain will get us where we are going in 10-15 years. The obama type liberals already waste too much time on slow drip progress.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: