Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:27:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings and assistance request  (Read 226 times)
Classified: Top Secret (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 06:57:08 AM

Enjoying the site for awhile and just registered again (after losing my old account years ago and unable to recall even my old username).

I understand that one must be a full member in order to upload an avatar. I would like to inquire on how may posts (or what requirement required) to enable my full member status here so I may begin to achieve that accomplishment.

This site is so much more massive since I last visited. To give an idea how long it has been, I mined many bitcoins on my laptop back in the day. So yeah.

Anyway, hello once again and I look forward to meeting many of you here over time.

-CTS-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 4130

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 07:20:39 AM

I understand that one must be a full member in order to upload an avatar. I would like to inquire on how may posts (or what requirement required) to enable my full member status here so I may begin to achieve that accomplishment.

Welcome back, posts doesn't count towards achieving a full member status, back in the days it was just activity but after the merit system was implemented on January 24th 2018 you now require 100 earned merit and 120 activity to rank up to Full member to have the privilege to upload avatar. For better understanding read through this thread Merit & new rank requirements

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:38:00 AM

Thank you kindly for your time and reply CryptopreneurBrainboss. Much appreciated.

Having operated several forums the last 20 years (yes, seriously) on many platforms, and used several modifications for karma, stars, flags, etc, this is the first time I have experienced the merit mechanism as used here. I like it!! Kudos!

I have and will review the linked page for a full understanding and I hope to build my merit as I go forth here.

Thanks again.

-CTS-

Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:39:01 AM

Aiming for a full member rank at the moment for you is rather a herculean task and would take quite a long amount of time to be achieved.
But you'll need about 100 merits and 120 activity to do so,start from the closest rank to newbie,which is junior member,then the higher you go,the higher you aim,till probably you get to full member,but it'll take a long time

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:48:35 AM

Aiming for a full member rank at the moment for you is rather a herculean task and would take quite a long amount of time to be achieved.
But you'll need about 100 merits and 120 activity to do so,start from the closest rank to newbie,which is junior member,then the higher you go,the higher you aim,till probably you get to full member,but it'll take a long time

No biggie. I have all the time in the world and I am very patient. Knowing the facts though do provide goals.

Appreciate the information.

-CTS-
BOB_THE_ALMIGHTY

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 08:36:43 AM

I would like to inquire on how may posts (or what requirement required) to enable my full member status here so I may begin to achieve that accomplishment.
You would need to achieve 120 activity and 100 merits to reach full member rank.

But the interesting thing is activity can be achieved easily by regular posting but earning merits can become a headache to many  peoples her. But the fact is merits can be achieved by writing quality and informative posts. Also just to let you know forum doesn't endorse what a "quality post" is so it totally depends on the viewer of your post and content inside it.

joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 11:35:48 AM

Why would you want to upload an avatar though? Imo it doesn't really matter whether I can wear an avatar or not. Just curious to hear how people view about an avatar. Is it something like identity achievement or something like that?

On the other hand, you might check out about Copper Member if you want to wear signature & post some pics directly without going through the hassle of getting merits.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2168

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 11:47:47 AM

On the other hand, you might check out about Copper Member if you want to wear signature & post some pics directly without going through the hassle of getting merits.

Just one merit is required today unock those priviledges, it should not be a difficuly undertaking.
I am also curious as to why the OP specifically wants to wear an avatar, as it's an old user, who has possibly gained from bitcoins back in the day.
Wanting to rank up should of course be everyone's goal.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10727

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 12:02:39 PM

Here’s a brief summary of the amount of people that currently have managed to Rank-up needing merits in the process:

If Full Member is your initial goal, then the above gives you a rough idea of how many people have achieved it so far: 164, although only 82 started off from Newbies when the merit system kicked-in. Now you know where you stand ...
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 04:11:13 PM

Enjoying the site for awhile and just registered again (after losing my old account years ago and unable to recall even my old username).

This site is so much more massive since I last visited. To give an idea how long it has been, I mined many bitcoins on my laptop back in the day. So yeah.

Anyway, hello once again and I look forward to meeting many of you here over time.

-CTS-
What you need to achieve a full member status on bitcointalk are two important steps one you need to have an activities of 120 which is allocated on every 14 day you get 14 activities base of the numbers of Post's made and secondly you also need 120 merits which are earn through other members finding your posts insightful and helpful and there after awarding you merits. With this two in place you are assured of your full member status.
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:07:12 PM

Good luck in your quest in achieving full member status.
I would like to know how long where you on the forum before?
And what rank where you?
And you can also recover your old account if you are interested
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5089777.0
Upgate

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 08:05:10 PM

Welcome back and you can still mine bitcoin with your system just that it's requires huge electric power.
@crytptobrainboss has already giving link on merit and rank system.
Now all you have to do it productive and constructive this shouldn't be much of a task for you

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:03:23 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1), Juggy777 (1)

Thank you all for your replies.

No, I cant even recall my old username, but no worries here. I will just start over.

No, I no longer mine. Not worth it. Now I just trade using a couple different platforms. I do pretty well with that and that is good enough for me at this stage.

Why an avatar. Good question really.

Like I said I have operated a few servers to run several forums over the years. And every sysop or admin really knows what works good for their forums. A site of this size and stature I can expect that there is nothing wrong with the way it is setup as it works well enough it seems.

Flashing back to my other experiences, I always gave avatar permissions to everyone unless less than 5 posts or so. Coupled of course to community standards. So I signed up yesterday for a new account and was populating some changes to my profile. I was not aware at the time of the merit system attached to it, hence my OP.

To me, and only from my background, I like avatars as an extension of the persona that each individual likes to portray.

I hope to get one eventually.

Till then, my post quality will be my concern and objective, as it should be.

Thanks again.

-CTS-
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 01:50:40 PM

-CTS-

Hey welcome back to the forum if I may ask which year was it, were you there when Satoshi was there or you came later?. As you have already been informed about merits, I would suggest you to start making some quality constructive posts, and then put them in merit give away threads to begin with. Also in my experience I have seen many people rank up if they focus on quality, so just post quality and soon you’ll rank up.
Erickan

Activity: 266
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 02:30:32 PM

Thank you kindly for your time and reply CryptopreneurBrainboss. Much appreciated.

Having operated several forums the last 20 years (yes, seriously) on many platforms, and used several modifications for karma, stars, flags, etc, this is the first time I have experienced the merit mechanism as used here. I like it!! Kudos!

I have and will review the linked page for a full understanding and I hope to build my merit as I go forth here.

Thanks again.

-CTS-

Welcome back to Bitcointalk forum. Please read the rules of the forum carefully.

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 06:21:12 PM

Hey welcome back to the forum if I may ask which year was it, were you there when Satoshi was there or you came later?.

You know quite honestly I didn't even know who Satoshi was until much later.

I know it was long enough ago that I mined bitcoins on my Pentium laptop.  Sad

Thanks for the relplies.

-CTS-
Crypto-DesignService
Copper Member

Activity: 208
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 07:36:01 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Did not know you can also use colon symbol aside from spacing, that's amazing! Do we have a set of symbols that can be use as a username? Would love if anyone can make a list about that!
vagrom

Activity: 479

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 12:17:56 AM

Hey welcome back to the forum if I may ask which year was it, were you there when Satoshi was there or you came later?.

You know quite honestly I didn't even know who Satoshi was until much later.

I know it was long enough ago that I mined bitcoins on my Pentium laptop.  Sad

Thanks for the relplies.

-CTS-
Welcome back.
Using a laptop to mine BTC, that should be a long time ago.
You may have missed a good chance.
If your BTC is still there, it should be an unexpected gain.

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: