Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:48:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your tokens when you're gone one day?  (Read 753 times)
Gridness
Copper Member

Activity: 358
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:08:51 AM

Showing your wallet login details to them now can also be risky so what are some of the preparations you are making towards the retrieval of your money when you are gone for life one day?

preparation what must i do is, teach my wife and son how to access the wallet and how to withdraw it. I trust them and no risky for me.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 11:27:15 PM

Currently I believe millions worth of coins are forever lost in wallets and exchanges as a result of the death of its owners. Crypto owners should make sure they pass access to their crypto to their loved ones so that in case anything happens, they will be able access it.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 11:34:05 PM

The best way is to tell your relatives, parents, or closest friends, about the private keys and crypto wallet passwords that we keep. At least they know where they think they keep the private key. Just in case.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Bloodseekers

Activity: 746
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 11:42:23 PM

About whale died with his cryptocurrencies worth millions of dollar, of course that will be treasure that cannot be obtained. And i agree Showing your wallet login details to them now can also be risky, so hard to believe people even family that's why we must have real assets like gold, silver, diamond not all in crypto
B.
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 11:48:14 PM

Currently I believe millions worth of coins are forever lost in wallets and exchanges as a result of the death of its owners. Crypto owners should make sure they pass access to their crypto to their loved ones so that in case anything happens, they will be able access it.
actually people can inherit their coins by giving all their wallet data but most people don't think so, they fear that wallet security will be weak and no longer have privacy, but everyone must have people they trust to know all assets and also be given access to manage those assets so that when he dies the coin will not be a coin in vain

lavoncoin88
Copper Member

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:50:10 AM

Just recently, a news showed how one crypto whale died with his cryptocurrencies worth millions of dollar. No member of the family had access to his private keys and other login details. Are you ready to face the same fate and leave your children or family without having access to your hard earned cryptocurrencies some day to come? Showing your wallet login details to them now can also be risky so what are some of the preparations you are making towards the retrieval of your money when you are gone for life one day?

You give your details account on your family with enough knowledge about cryptocurrency, if you give without enough knowledge let say your brother, sister or even partner in life but considered that they have the idea. Just prepare them in advance we are not immortal we dont how long we stay in earth even in a blink we will gone.

nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:19:18 AM

Just recently, a news showed how one crypto whale died with his cryptocurrencies worth millions of dollar. No member of the family had access to his private keys and other login details. Are you ready to face the same fate and leave your children or family without having access to your hard earned cryptocurrencies some day to come? Showing your wallet login details to them now can also be risky so what are some of the preparations you are making towards the retrieval of your money when you are gone for life one day?
My plan is, I will save the password, tell my family, or directly exchange the French currency and hand it to my family.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
elenka n

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:08:12 AM

This is really a problem, but you obviously need to be prepared for this and have some kind of notebook with notes so that family members have access!
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:37:01 AM

When I am gone, my tokens will probably go to my grave with me, because no one knows the passwords from my vaults, no one knows my private wallets.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2422
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:47:16 AM

Give them a locker key where we have stored all the things related to our crypto investments including private keys is the thing we need to do when we are alive ecause atleast we have given some meaning to the money which was earned all our life but when we don't have ayone to give just give it to charity if you knows you are not going to be here longer.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:08:28 AM

He is not a whale, he is the CEO of an exchange. He encountered an accident he himself did not anticipate and currently no one can log into the cold wallet he holds the password. For me, I put it all in a guide so that one of my relatives could unlock the wallet if I could not
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:12:56 AM

Well at my home family members are still learning about cryptocurrency & I don't have any problem with sharing my access to wallet details with them. There was one project called DigiPulse which was offering solution to the same problem with goal to ensure that people pass their digital assets on to the rightful inheritors, in case of the owner’s death and to tackle the issue of escheatment. But in December 2018 they de-tokenized their project from their native token DGPT as they failed to attract more user to use their services & the concept of the project was great but looked like they did not got good response from the crypto commnunity.

sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:18:27 AM

I have heard about smart contract that automatically transfers all of your cryptocurrencies to the family address if you not login to your wallet for a one year.
What a cool idea!

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
yobo2020

Activity: 156
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:25:54 AM

I don't think this is a problem, though private key and password to my account is some that is secret,  that is why I have the hard copy of my private key and password and put in my will.
minttop

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:27:50 AM

Well, it is tricky question. probably I will take actions before it happens, for example I can tell my brother or some of my friends what to do and I can disclose private keys to some of them.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:51:46 AM

It's ok for me to leave my tokens or altcoins in 1day because it also depends on the price either its gonna increase or not. So it depends also, but and not in 1day all your funds will lost in just a single day.

tranthiky

Activity: 200

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:01:02 AM

I told my mother about my activities with my property. But I know that she doesn't know anything about computers and cryptocurrencies. That's what I worry about. Maybe my token will be forgotten if I die

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Jesabela04

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:22:15 AM

That certain question came into my mind before. I know that it is important to know where will our earnings go when we're gone. I have entrusted my private keys to a person who I trusted the most so that if something happens, my earnings would still go to my family and loved ones.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:43:34 AM

That is very important point and i think there should be some blockchain based service that could kyc wallets and then if someone dies the family members can claim that wallet after a procedure like submitting death certificate and doing kyc or submitting kinship or relationship certificate from government agency and then the wallet details or private key could be transferred to the son, brother, wife or closest relation of the deceased.

Mmesooma1
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:05:44 PM

Death is one inevitable truth no one wants to tell or admit because its a horrible idea. But then the first thing I learnt in crypto is to have all my password and mnemonics written on my diary

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: