Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:06:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie miner:Please help with avalon 200ghs miner. £25 or $40 donation on offer  (Read 7361 times)
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:04:33 PM

Badabing, listen to Studio.... Grin

OK so you want to go to DHCP

in the network page where you changed to DHCP there is a tickbox at the bottom which is ticked by default

it is called

Disable DHCP

go back to DHCP settings instead of fixed IP

and UNTICK THE BOX

also remember

you MUST go to system startup and stop CGMiner before editing the configuration or it will not take the configuration you put in.

BINTEX

Powered by,
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:14:20 PM

and remember to change all the network settings to fit your network as you did before... gateway subnet mask DNS etc.

BINTEX

Powered by,
B_ReaLm

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:49:58 PM

OK

plug into your PC, no router

change your PC IPv4 back to

scan

192.168.0.1 to 192.268.0.255

ok back into it by ethenet direct into computer its on 192.168.0.100  so it seems the reset i did by hitting the button on the w305 has took it back to stock settings throughout.

So when you change your settings on the Avalon to DHCP....  you are unable to access your miner?

Your router should just assign it a new address automatically and you should be able to log in, provided that you are on the same subnet.

Look for your list of devices and get the ip address after switching to DHCP on the Avalon.

Since you have reset back to stock, now just set it up for DHCP/your pool settings and go for a Save and Apply.

Once the machine applies those settings you should be good with a "new" ip address on your Avalon.

You must go get that address from your router to view in your browser.

So remember that 192.168.0.100 is going to disappear once you hit save and apply.....then get the new address from your router after the settings have been changed.

You can do it.
andi1 (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:20:06 AM

Hi ok guys thanks for the support i think its sorted, the supplier in china helped me by logging in on teamviewer im not exactly sure what he did but he did mention something to do with my bt home hub and its ip not being changeable like most routers.  I asked him what was wrong and he said didnt know but the units up and hashing now.  And has been for 5 or so hours.

Its still not setup on dhcp its on stati ip the fatory assigned one actually

He also played about with the chip frequency and i noticed its not got a target temperature in there now either.

Ive attached some screen shots of how its setup up now hopefully that may shed some light on it and what was wrong with my network setup in the miners back end as it would be nice to know where i was going wrong.

How do you think its performing?  

B_ReaLm

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:06:12 AM

You look good to go.  Congrats.
pepo

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:55:54 AM

I have the same problem but i cant get them to mine , can you send the skype of your china supplier , im about to go to china and kill mine. Thank you
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 06:17:51 PM

Check and replace that power supply as I've heard of this before.If the fans spin up then stop it's a sign of insufficient power.Try this to rule out a faulty miner.If it still does it with a new PSU,the miner needs to be replaced.If it works after changing the PSU,then it's the PSU that's at fault not the miner.

If this helps/fixes the issue,send me that tip of £25 via my paypal.Thanks Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
pepo

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:52:10 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 08:37:28 PM by pepo

Check and replace that power supply as I've heard of this before.If the fans spin up then stop it's a sign of insufficient power.Try this to rule out a faulty miner.If it still does it with a new PSU,the miner needs to be replaced.If it works after changing the PSU,then it's the PSU that's at fault not the miner.

If this helps/fixes the issue,send me that tip of £25 via my paypal.Thanks Smiley

I cant enter now to the miner , i entered i changed the ipv4 to 192.168.1.102 and i can enter , when i enter i get a black page that says luci interface and inmediatly goes to internet explorer cannot display the webpage.
I put this exact same numbers, instead of ipv4 192.168.1.100 i put 192.168.1.102
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Foi43.tinypic.com%2F30955zq.jpg%5B%2Fimg%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A%2F%2Foi40.tinypic.com%2Fqs09lk.jpg&t=537&c=EzDOY4phGofTxA

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
•Internet connectivity has been lost.
•The website is temporarily unavailable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
 To view subscribed feeds:
1.Click the Favorites button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages):
1.Press Alt, click File, and then click Work Offline.
2.Click the Favorites button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

pepo

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:37:55 AM

My fans dont start , they dont make noise or anithyng theres just this red led light. Please help , i will pay 0.5 BTC if i get help and it starts, thank you.
On the api log says :

[Firmware Version] => 20131118
cgminer: 176747f
cgminer-openwrt-packages: 0e12b1b
luci: 346e3e7+
Socket connect failed: Connection refused
Teodor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:38:59 AM

I had the same problem as yours, and it is network problem. You need to set up DHCP, and save. Then once finished saving, do a hard reboot. Turn the power off at the power switch. Wait 10 seconds, and then it back on. You should have a new DHCP address. Now the problem should be fixed.
Hi, I have the same problem... trying to solve but being newbie isn't easy... what is DHPC ?  Huh
Thanks

Teodor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:43:59 AM

I had the same problem as yours, and it is network problem. You need to set up DHCP, and save. Then once finished saving, do a hard reboot. Turn the power off at the power switch. Wait 10 seconds, and then it back on. You should have a new DHCP address. Now the problem should be fixed.
Hi, I have the same problem... trying to solve but being newbie isn't easy... what is DHPC ?  Huh
Thanks
Sorry I found the answer about DHPC, hope to get throug... it worked 2 days than stopped... could be because of fans? Seems to be too hot, when I touch it can't keep the finger on main board... Sad

pepo

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:54:38 PM

Ive changed the power supply and still doenst work
andi1 (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:52:33 PM

My fans dont start , they dont make noise or anithyng theres just this red led light. Please help , i will pay 0.5 BTC if i get help and it starts, thank you.
On the api log says :

[Firmware Version] => 20131118
cgminer: 176747f
cgminer-openwrt-packages: 0e12b1b
luci: 346e3e7+
Socket connect failed: Connection refused

If your fans dont start thats not good something fusing or blown

Do they turn a little then stop when you power it up?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: