Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:14:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help installing an antminer s9i  (Read 201 times)
Yazdan (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 10:15:49 PM

Hi

I’m trying to install an antminer s9i and I have got as far as downloading the IP reporter and getting the IP address for the miner. However when I enter the IP address in Chrome and login with username and password “root” the antminer settings page does not display any of the miner’s overview details.
When I click on the miner configuration tab it keeps giving me the same message “ this site can’t be reached”. It seems the miner is not communicating with the router as I have run network and internet diagnostics.

Is this a common problem with antminers??
Any idea what might have gone wrong??

Many thanks
Yazdan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 10:19:13 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2019, 05:39:21 AM by HagssFIN

Use Wireshark and try to figure out the miner ip address

edit: see my post below

fanatic26_

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 10:51:57 PM
Merited by HagssFIN (1)

All you nee to do is log into your router and see what IP was assigned to it, you dont need IP reporter or any of that garbage
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 01:12:39 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2019, 01:49:18 AM by Artemis3

Hi

I’m trying to install an antminer s9i and I have got as far as downloading the IP reporter and getting the IP address for the miner. However when I enter the IP address in Chrome and login with username and password “root” the antminer settings page does not display any of the miner’s overview details.
When I click on the miner configuration tab it keeps giving me the same message “ this site can’t be reached”. It seems the miner is not communicating with the router as I have run network and internet diagnostics.

Is this a common problem with antminers??
Any idea what might have gone wrong??

Many thanks
Yazdan

It seems you already found your IP, so I'm not exactly sure how could both HagssFIN and fanatic26_ missed that...

Now your problem is not normal. You have already logged in successfully, but the tabs are not showing enough information. Perhaps you should try a different browser, such as Firefox to discard a browser issue. But, this feels like you may have network issues. One thing you could try is ping your miner, since you already have its IP, and see if the pings are returning properly.

Do you have more units on the same network?

Something you could try is forcing an IP manually instead of relying on a dhcp server to assign IPs. One easy way to achieve this is bypass your router and connect a pc directly to configure it. And make sure your router is not assigning the same IPs you are manually setting.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 05:38:01 AM

@Artemis3
Sorry, you are correct.

It must been because of sleepy eyes or something..

I think that the main question would be that is his pc in the same subnet as the miner is?

Yazdan (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 01:59:20 PM

Hi Artemis3

Thanks for your feedback, I have tried Firefox with no luck and I have only one antminer setup to answer your questions.

Once I logged in the antminer settings page the next step on the Bitmain installation was to click on the network tab, set dhcp to static and to enter the IP address, submask and dns addresses. Apart from the IP address I got from the up reporterin the previous step, the page would not display any other information. I then tried several times to get the IP address again in the hope I would get the MAC address, submask and dns addresses to of no avail.

Could it be possible the antminer is faulty and hence not communicating with the router???

You mentioned bypassing the router? Do you mean connecting the antminer directly to my laptop via an Ethernet cable??

Many thanks
Yazdan
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 02:54:25 PM

Can you post the internal ip address and subnet mask for your miner
and can you post the internal ip address and subnet mask for your pc which you are using for the configuration ?

We could do a quick check and make sure those are correct.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 04:22:39 PM

Have you tried to hard reset the miner first and check it again? If not, do a hard reset to set the miner to factory default and test it again.

You can follow this step below how to factory reset the miner.

(It seems that the Bitmain forum gone or expired anyway I have a backup on archive.org check the link below)
- Three Ways to Restore Factory Settings (R4/S9/T9)

If this still doesn't work you can try to flash it with s9i firmware but you must access the upgrade tab on the miner dashboard.

You can download the firmware from here Antminer S9i firmware
Then upgrade it and let's see if you still have the dashboard bug.

Just let us update here.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 01:10:58 AM

Once I logged in the antminer settings page the next step on the Bitmain installation was to click on the network tab, set dhcp to static and to enter the IP address, submask and dns addresses. Apart from the IP address I got from the up reporterin the previous step, the page would not display any other information. I then tried several times to get the IP address again in the hope I would get the MAC address, submask and dns addresses to of no avail.

you probably fucked up here , a single mistake you make in this page and your miner is lost, you need to reset it using the 3 ways mentioned above by BitMaxz.

once you do, post back your results again. you can also follow this guide > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5094311.0

once you get the ip again, try loging via ssh using root for username and admin for password, see if that works.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2019, 02:12:18 AM
Merited by frodocooper (1)

Hi Artemis3

Thanks for your feedback, I have tried Firefox with no luck and I have only one antminer setup to answer your questions.

Could it be possible the antminer is faulty and hence not communicating with the router???

You mentioned bypassing the router? Do you mean connecting the antminer directly to my laptop via an Ethernet cable??

Yes I meant that precisely.

It does look like you made a mistake when you changed from dhcp to static. Do you remember what settings you used?

Or as others have suggested, try to reset the miner and start from dhcp again.

Be careful when you input the static values. A wrong Netmask (ie. 255.255.255.255) could render the miner inaccessible.

You could use an IP scanner from your PC/laptop connected directly to the lan cable (you don't need internet), having that PC with a static IP configuration and a wide netmask (ie. 0.0.0.0) set, it should find it as long as you didn't use the 255.255.255.255 netmask on the miner Smiley

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Yazdan (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 11:05:46 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2019, 10:21:39 PM by frodocooper

Quote from: Bitmain
3. Setup miner’s network settings

Click the “Network” tab and choose “Static” from the Protocol dropdown list.

Key in the IP address, subnet mask, SWG, DNS, then click “Save&Apply”.

Note:

a. You may skip this step if you have less than 3 miners (You may skip at your own discretion, static IP is not required for less than 3 miners)

b. If you are unsure what are SWG & DNS, please feel free to check this page for more information in Chinese: https://cnforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics

I followed these instructions on the Bitmain website, except the IP address was the only thing I had, the IP Reporter did not give me anything else and from then the problems started.

Thank you all for the feedbacks
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 11:54:55 PM

I followed these instructions on the Bitmain website, except the IP address was the only thing I had

do you mean you typed the ip address but left everything blank ? if that's the case then you this is where you messed things up.

also i am not sure i you are reading the comments here, based on this reply i can only assume you have not.

you need to reset the miner, you know the miner was successfully reset when it appears again on your DHCP/Leases.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████