Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:18:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does the ~ (exclusion) work in the new Default Trust?  (Read 224 times)
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 01:29:48 AM

I never modified my trust list before the new system - I always trusted Theymos to know what was best.

Now I am using it, and I am confused about how the tilde works.

Before, if a person had more exclusions than inclusions, their trust entries against other people would be nullified.   Is that still the case now?

Another person more familiar with the system told me 
"No, it doesn't work like that. You as an individual can only exclude someone once (even if the number of inclusions is greater, your direct exclusion removes him from your own view); excluding everyone who includes (another person) is just unfair towards everyone else and doesn't do anything.."

Can someone explain it better?   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 01:49:55 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

If you're in DT1 (which you are), if you exclude a DT1 or a DT2 member your exclusion counts against them, i.e. if that person has more exclusions by DT1 members than inclusions by DT1 members - they're out of DT and their posted ratings won't count in the default trust scores. This works exactly as it used to, except now it applies to DT1 as well. Previously it didn't.

In addition to that - same as before - an exclusion removes the excluded person's ratings from the trust scores that you see. That works the same for anyone (DT member or not).
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 02:10:49 AM

If you're in DT1 (which you are), if you exclude a DT1 or a DT2 member your exclusion counts against them, i.e. if that person has more exclusions by DT1 members than inclusions by DT1 members - they're out of DT and their posted ratings won't count in the default trust scores. This works exactly as it used to, except now it applies to DT1 as well. Previously it didn't.

So if a scammer made it onto default trust (it is inevitable in a decentralized system rife with scammers), would excluding everyone that included that scammer remove the scammer from default trust?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Qulian

Activity: 13
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 02:13:41 AM

AFAIK if a scammer reaches DT1 then other DT1 users can exclude that scammer and he would be off DT1. No need to exclude everyone who included him.

If the scammer is on DT2 then he will be off DT2 when more DT1 users exclude him than those who include him.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 03:02:18 AM
Merited by Foxpup (4)

So if a scammer made it onto default trust (it is inevitable in a decentralized system rife with scammers), would excluding everyone that included that scammer remove the scammer from default trust?

If you ignore the "DT1 voting":
 - ~ing everyone who trusts user X without ~ing X himself often won't result in X being excluded from trust networks.
 - ~ing X himself without ~ing anyone who trusts X might result in X being excluded from trust networks.
 - ~ing X himself and everyone who trusts him might result in X being excluded from trust networks, but to the exact same degree as the above option. It doesn't function as some sort of "super-exclusion".

If you take DT1 voting into account, then there's one exception: if you're on DT1 and your exclusion causes someone to drop off of DT1, then this could help you in your goal.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 03:31:43 AM
Merited by mikeywith (2)

If the scammer is in DT2: it seems to me that excluding the scammer directly is a more effective way of achieving that goal. Also easier to petition other DT1 members to do the same, which may be necessary - by definition a DT2 member needs at least two exclusions.

If the scammer is in DT1: excluding everyone who included the scammer won't change anything, you (and other DT1 members) have to exclude the scammer directly. Exclusions don't matter for DT1 "election". The users you exclude would still be able to cast their 10-merit and 250-merit votes and elect the scammer.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 03:42:42 AM

To illustrate, consider this trust list with max-depth 3:
Code:
A
  B
    C
      X
D
  E
    X
F
  X

The system processes it by depth. So it goes through this as first (A, D, F), then (B, E, X), then (C, X), then (X).

If A or D exclude X, then X will still have 0 net inclusions (+1 from F) and therefore be included. If they exclude F, then this doesn't help because F is at the same depth. If A and D exclude X, then X will have -1 net inclusions and therefore be excluded. Excluding F still doesn't help/hurt.

If F changes his trust of X to distrust of X, then X has -1 net inclusions at depth 1, so his net inclusions of 1 at depth 2 and 1 and depth 3 don't matter: he's excluded at depth 1. Whether or not B, C, or E are included/excluded by anyone here doesn't matter.

If instead E and C both change their trust of X to distrust of X, then X still has 1 net inclusions at depth 1, so his net inclusions of -1 at greater depths don't matter.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 2165

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 04:59:19 AM

No, exclusion of voter will not effect on DT1 network. If scammer become DT1 by voting system and he trusted by 5 DT1 but if you want to remove him from DT network then 6 DT1 should be exclude him. Its same for DT2 as well.

For example you are trusted by 31 DT1 members. If someone like to exclude you from DT network then 32 DT1 have to exclude you.

Exclusion of DT2 and other members will not effect on remove from DT network.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██