Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:31:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCsmash.io - TRICKING PEOPLE WITH THEIR TOS  (Read 193 times)
efrenbilantok (OP)

Activity: 576
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:56:51 AM

What happened: I have seen someone who is sharing a faucet site somewhere in this forum but now is gone. The site is probably scamming people with their ToS.
What is the site: BTCsmash.io

Proof of Trickery:

In their about page (btcsmash.io/about.php), they claim that you will get real bitcoin by destroying the virtual items in their game,

But their ToS (btcsmash.io/tos.php) say different thing,

None of credits, balances or other rewards on the Website have real monetary value.
You can see that they clearly stated the anything in their website have no value.

Final note: ToS maybe is super boring to read still, it is worth reading to avoid being tricked by websites.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:38:11 AM

It's not about ToS, this is from their withdrawal page:
Withdraw

Minimum amount is 0.03500000.
Keep playing to reach the payout threshold!

That is too high withdrawal limit and indicates that they won't pay. Besides, rewards are too high for faucet.
efrenbilantok (OP)

Activity: 576
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 08:18:21 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2019, 04:07:37 PM by efrenbilantok

That is too high withdrawal limit and indicates that they won't pay. Besides, rewards are too high for faucet.
And that's another thing, thanks for pointing that out.
Definitely a very high withdrawal limit which is too unrealistic for a faucet site.

User balances do not place the Website under an obligation and can be changed or nullified by the Website at any time and without prior notice.
They do have a get out of jail card under their Terms of Service. They literally said that they have no obligation to pay their users, so even if a player reach that ridiculous threshold they still have the final say whether or not the player will receive the BTC. So if I were you I won't be wasting my time in this kind of faucet as they don't guarantee any kind of obligation to pay back their customer.
Exactly.

The site reminds me with the older similar sites (forget the name unfortunately) but the game was like a slot game where people are getting free spin in several ways like inviting other, doing tasks, mining through browser, etc.
It's probably popspins.com, they kinda have the same ridiculous minimum withdrawal threshold plus their ToS is somehow the same.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 10:45:28 AM

None of credits, balances or other rewards on the Website have real monetary value. User balances do not place the Website under an obligation and can be changed or nullified by the Website at any time and without prior notice.
They do have a get out of jail card under their Terms of Service. They literally said that they have no obligation to pay their users, so even if a player reach that ridiculous threshold they still have the final say whether or not the player will receive the BTC. So if I were you I won't be wasting my time in this kind of faucet as they don't guarantee any kind of obligation to pay back their customer.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 09:19:00 PM

The site reminds me with the older similar sites (forget the name unfortunately) but the game was like a slot game where people are getting free spin in several ways like inviting other, doing tasks, mining through browser, etc. The minimum withdrawal is the same IIRC, and once people are starting to get close with the minimum withdrawal, the winning from the game got harder (makes users unable to reach minimum withdrawal).
Better to stay away from any sites offering good amount of btc for free, even worst this site says that the amount has no monetary values LOL. No good reasons to visit the site except curiosity  Grin

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:25:15 AM

What happened: I have seen someone who is sharing a faucet site somewhere in this forum but now is gone. The site is probably scamming people with their ToS.
What is the site: BTCsmash.io

Proof of Trickery:

In their about page (btcsmash.io/about.php), they claim that you will get real bitcoin by destroying the virtual items in their game,

But their ToS (btcsmash.io/tos.php) say different thing,

None of credits, balances or other rewards on the Website have real monetary value.
You can see that they clearly stated the anything in their website have no value.

Final note: ToS maybe is super boring to read still, it is worth reading to avoid being tricked by websites.

It's a confirmed scam: https://www.scambitcoin.com/btcsmash-io-review/

Even though the site itself doesn't flag it as scam (I suspect that perhaps BTCSmash themselves had paid for this review to be done), the comments suggest something that is completely shady. Apparently people are getting nothing as soon as they get close to the withdrawal minimum.

Not surprising tbh, as the minimum itself was set that high in order to allow nobody to get any money out in the first place. .035 BTC is just absurd. Then you also have the TOS which is so obviously manipulative that it's not even funny.

Most of the times you just got to use your common sense, you don't even need to read the ToS. Read some reviews of what others say, and see whether what the site claims is realistic or not. Otherwise, you'd be wasting your money and/or labour for absolutely nothing.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:12:02 PM

You are right they already have a good defense by showing you their TOS that you forget to read, this is considered 100% scam people are expecting to receive something because it is a faucet and everybody here knows that you are going to get a reward for solving those captchas, they just want to pay their workers and they are a scam site.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: