Bitcolumnist - Distraction-Free Crypto News Aggregator (Available for Android)

(1/2) > >>

GreywaterLabs:
We recently identified a problem with the availability of crypto news apps. Options are limited, full of ads, and not easy to read.

We set out to create a very basic and easy-to-digest app that allows users to get all the top crypto news on their mobile devices in a simple, distraction-free environment.

The Bitcolumnist app is now available for download on the Google Play Store.

We plan to update the app frequently based on the feedback and needs of the community. Let us know what you think!

Download Bitcolumnist

Patatas:
I'm not fond of using a mobile app to read the news but when it comes to crypto related news aggregation, I use this service https://cryptocontrol.io/en/heatmap They do the job without the annoying adds and just gives me what I need. I know this has nothing to do with your app just letting you know since I got introduced to that project from the same board.

joniboini:
I personally don't like using apps to read the news, most of the time I just subscribe to their RSS feeds and then read the news if I find it interesting. Another option for me is to join the cryptocurrency news channel in Telegram, they mostly forward the hottest news that's worth to read.

Is this app open source btw?

GreywaterLabs:
For those who don't prefer to access news via mobile apps:

The platform is also available at BitColumnist.com.

The same concepts apply. No-frills, no-ads, and no-distractions.

In regards to this:
Quote from: joniboini on February 16, 2019, 03:38:25 AM

Is this app open source btw?

The app is not open-sourced. No permissions are requested by the app so we don't see it as a vital point to address.

joniboini:
I just checked your website and it looks nice. What's the algorithm to select the news? Are you just scraping feed from news site like CCN/Bitcoinist etc?

I'll try to use the app when I have time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page