Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:53:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2-16-18] All About Satoshi's Bitcoin Forum Part 3 (interview with Bruno inside)  (Read 181 times)
CoinClarity (OP)

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 10:19:25 AM

In this article I wrote up interviews with two (pretty) prominent members of the forum, moderator Flying Hellfish and scam buster Phinnaeus Gage. The first two articles are more basic stuff about the contents of the forum and how to use it:

https://coinclarity.com/the-bitcoin-forum-part-1-of-3/
https://coinclarity.com/the-bitcoin-forum-part-2-of-3/

I've included the segment with the Bruno interview below, for easy reading (in Bruno style he posted it as a secret comment edit, from 2011):

(Coin Clarity:) How did you first hear about bitcoin, and then how did you hear about the Bitcoin forum (BitcoinTalk)?

(Phinnaeus Gage:) It was June 13, 2011, a Monday morning, when I first learnt of Bitcoin and BitcoinTalk (BCT) at the same time. I was on my laptop while taking a long shit  Shocked, exploring the feasibility of amassing copper US cents (pre 1983) as an investment opportunity. Due to certain keywords I was using on Google, the search results kept suggesting Bitcoin, of which I dismissed at first. Finally, curiosity got the best of me and found myself reading some post of some thread on BCT. Eight hours later I was still reading treads on Bitcoin's only forum at the time. The next day I immediately went back to BCT and read threads for at least another eight hours. Same true for the following day. On the morning of June 16, 2011, I signed up on the forum under the moniker Phinnaeus Gage so to interact with what I believed at the time to be a well-educated group of posters.

Would you mind talking a little bit about how/why you got "doxxed"? Everybody (most people) on the forum knows who you are now, but it wasn't always that way... What happened?

Don't mind at all. It was during a late spring morning a few years ago when I was taking a long shit ...  Roll Eyes Seriously, one word - Inaba (aka Josh Zerlan of the now defunct Butterfly Labs). For some reason I gave Josh my vitals via PM on BCT, whereupon weeks later when I inevitably pissed him off one too many times, he opted to publicly release my vitals on BCT as payback.

How did you become an acquaintance of Charles Hoskinson / Charlie Shrem / Roger Ver? (you can mention just one, two or all three if you want)?

It was during a July morning when I was taking a long ...  Tongue

I first met all three on BCT, each of them all contributing to Bitcoin 100, crypto's first crypto-accepting charity which I founded. Charles Hoskinson was the very first Bitcoiner I met in person at a conference hosted by BitPay in Atlanta, in front of BitPay's office upon exiting the elevator. Quick aside, I'll be speaking at Charles' IOHK Summit in April and will be manning a booth representing YuTü.Co.in, also founded by me. I first met Charlie Shrem at the same conference in Atlanta. I've never met Roger in person cuz of all the conferences I've attended where he was scheduled to speak, he pulled a George Jones and didn't show. #Sad!

What/when was your greatest feeling of victory, like a moment you knew when you really nailed somebody or took down a scam project?

There are so many, I truly can't name one, looking at all of them as victories, though Black Arrow, BFL and EthTrade definitely come to mind. I do get a kick on how Leroy Fodor, Marshall Long and Nick Spanos ALL claim to have been mining and trading bitcoins in 2009 when BCT was the ONLY source of info in the space back them, it having ONLY 17 registered users (none them) and the first exchange had yet to be created, let alone envisioned [mostly via the Bitcoin White Paper]. I'll add that Nick is on record in not knowing who Satoshi is directly after claiming he knew everybody in the space, Leroy can't rite good english in spite of earning a college deegre, and Marshall stinks like a pig perhaps cuz he has ablutophobia.

I noticed you're on the Default Trust list but don't issue feedback. Why don't you use the Trust system? Do you have any personal thoughts on it?

Oddly, just opted from the get-go to not participate on the let's-shit-on-people thingy (guess that answers the second question as well, eh?).

You've been one to speak your mind, coming across often as quite anti-authoritarian. Do you have anything to stay about the current state of forum "politics"?

Actually, I haven't gotten caught up in the politics of BCT, albeit I may have been a victim of such given the comments left on my Trust thingy. As for BCT proper, I'd say that within five more years, theymos will have the new improved $1.5M forum up and running.

Do you have any tips for people who want to become a scambuster? Like, any certain "do's" or "do not's" that you're willing to share?

What's it like being the most prolific poster on the forum? I mean, between Phinnaeus Gage and Gleb Gamow you're about 12,000 posts ahead of the next closest member, philipma1957.

I currently live in Mindanao. Want me to go check out a certain ex-solar powered mining operation?

Yeah, go and unplug Leroy Fodor's solar array powering the Philippines largest bitcoin mining farm located in his sorry-ass 20' X 20' Sari Sari-cum-disco-cum-grocery-cum-internet cafe-cum-living quarters in the basement-cum-piggery ...

You can read the interview with Flying Hellfish here:

https://coinclarity.com/the-bitcoin-forum-part-3-of-3/

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 02:41:26 PM

Noticed that FH kindly ask if he could swear when answering the questions, whereas I said fuck it and couldn't wait to pen "shit".
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:03:16 AM

Noticed that FH kindly ask if he could swear when answering the questions, whereas I said fuck it and couldn't wait to pen "shit".

Why did you keep writing 'while I was taking a long shit'? Cheesy
It's funny though. Nice interview, probably run another interview with other members such as theymos? Would love to read it instead of reading thread in reputations.
CoinClarity (OP)

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 05:08:54 AM

Why did you keep writing 'while I was taking a long shit'? Cheesy
It's funny though. Nice interview, probably run another interview with other members such as theymos? Would love to read it instead of reading thread in reputations.

Bruno gets most of his best work done on the toilet, from what I gather.

Thanks. You know, I never tried reaching out to theymos for an interview. Maybe I should.

I admit I get caught up reading the drama in Meta and Reputation as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: