Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:11:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Successful ICO With No Buyback Mechanism  (Read 18512 times)
fortunecrypto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 04:28:41 AM

Investors and bounty hunters are the one losing here, lots of projects that accumulated millions of dollars are worthless when they hit the market, no volume and price is down by 1000% if those coming ICO will not do buyback and the market continues to be bearish then it's all over for ICO and bounty hunters..

Your thoughts on this.?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oppo070
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 05:13:20 AM

Investors and bounty hunters are the one losing here, lots of projects that accumulated millions of dollars are worthless when they hit the market, no volume and price is down by 1000% if those coming ICO will not do buyback and the market continues to be bearish then it's all over for ICO and bounty hunters..

Your thoughts on this.?

What do you mean buyback mechanism? I think market is just dropping its price for their currency in order to get what they wanted, not allowing investors and bounty hunters to gain profit to it, in other words, scam people out of their money and time that they've invested.

ibrahim160994

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:06:09 AM

I agree with you, every successful Ico project must have a product that can offset the price in the market, and they must lock in the payments received by the bounty hunters until they succeed in maintaining the price
Mmesooma1
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:26:19 AM

Your thoughts on this.?

This is now the order of the day. Many developers don't care how their coins fare in exchange that's why theirs no buy back program. Once they make millions from investors at ICO, then then they manage to list on IDEX or Latoken and off they zoom to enjoy their loot. I think it's just another type of well organised scam from developers.

septi.JR

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:29:01 AM

agree, ico developers have to buy back tokens that are sold by investors and bounty hunters, so there will be no more bearish overload, my reason is because ICOs who managed to get millions of dollars and money for project development. I think are not fully used, maybe 50% can buy back tokens sold in the market and the rest for project development, with such a system, maybe and I am very sure there will be a lot of successful ico on the market

````````````````██
```````````````████
``````````````██████``█
`````````````▓▓██████`██
````````````▓▓▓██████████
```````````▓▓▓▓▓██████████
``````````▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████
`````````███████████████████
````````█████████████████████
```````███████████████████████
`````██████████████████████████
````███████████``````███████▓▓▓▓
```████████████``````███████▓▓▓▓▓
``█████████████``````█████████▓▓▓▓
`████████``````````````````████████
█████████``````````````````█████████
█████████``````````````````██████████
``█████████████``````██████████████
`````██████████``````███████████
````````███████``````████████
```````````███████████████
``````````````█████████
Greentoken
ROCKZ
|
dulinivanrus

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 08:38:48 AM

Your thoughts on this.?
I think at the moment there is a time when the ICO project that does not create a good product and does not have good marketing will not be able to raise money and therefore there will be no demand for it. I think that the token was successful it is necessary that the product was associated with the financial actions, transactions, and attracted the attention of the public.

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 09:23:27 AM

The price of ICO will depend on market situations. If the market is in the bearish trend, then the ICO will go down and maybe the ICO will not worth to buy and sell. We see many ICO cannot survive in this bear market and many of them have to cancel to get into the coin list in the market because they know that if they force this, they will not succeed to reach a new price in the market. Only when the market turns into the bullish market, the ICO can enter the market and then the ICO can compete with the other coin.
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 09:34:28 AM

Your thoughts on this.?
I personally agree with you, many of this new projects keep making the bad moves of listing projects below its price after making millions of dollars from its ico and will not take any further action to grow its market prices. If they can't initiate a buyback or means to create liquidity to its market and project then we all are going down

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:36:06 AM

Your thoughts on this.?
a market should naturally develop, not a repurchase done by the developer. the market should have a reasonable demand because this is greatly influenced by the views of Coin owners for a long time. buying back is not the way to develop a project. innovation and real steps that will determine whether the project is interesting or not.
Dellosoft
Copper Member

Activity: 206
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:00:56 AM

I think the buy back mechanism is a great tool to ensure price doesn't dip to a large extent. I believe if many teams adopt this, the market situation will be better. But ironically, many team members convert to FIAT and will never buy back their own tokens.
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:02:56 AM

I would say the buy back plan is a good leverage for bounty hunters and investors during initial coin offering
But there have also been great project that did not give out any form of buy back plan and still did well in the market and some that initially offered where reluctant to go on with it
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 10:19:37 AM

After my observation, the prices are dumped by bounty hunters in most ICOs. Freezing bounty rewards for some time will help project to keep itself more appropriate. The buyback mechanism is also a good idea. But will devs sacrifice their money?  Huh
greenlanternlight01
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 11:05:28 AM

I agree with you, every successful Ico project must have a product that can offset the price in the market, and they must lock in the payments received by the bounty hunters until they succeed in maintaining the price

I don't think the main focus of the ICOs is to make the bounty hunters rich... When a bounty hunters promotes a project he/she takes the risk tha the ICO price and market price may not be the same. I've never seen a bounty campaign when any project promised a fixed price for the token once it hits the exchange..
Every project on its disclaimer says that the market price is out of the reach of the team

GreatBug

Activity: 629
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 11:09:13 AM

Your thoughts on this.?

It's true that the bear market and dump tokens by bounty hunters make the price fall. A lot of tokens have lost over 90%. However, there are projects that do not lose so much. An example is Aidus. He has lost value temporarily, but he is already making up for losses:
https://www.coinbene.com/exchange.html#/exchange?pairId=AIDBTC
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 11:16:38 AM

A buyback would be good but there is no chance of that happening, they collected bitcoins and ethereum and they won't waste it on buying their own worthless tokens. Token burn would have a positive effect sometimes but not always

steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 12:55:50 PM

Your thoughts on this.?

Price dropping after hit the market is quite normal because most of them are from the bounty hunters that sold their tokens for fast money and also because of the project is still fresh and new. When the project hit or reach the roadmap, and the result is positive, the price of that token will increase so high.

Plan to buyback is good but i think it's only make the price go up for a short time, after the buyback done, the price will go down again.
Badhuamin

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 01:02:15 PM

because what is happening now is that there are a lot of ico that have no real projects in the world and for that all the ico coins that are on the market will definitely decline and it will be difficult to return because the volume in that market continues to decline.
pawanjain

Activity: 2660
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 05:27:59 PM

It has become a tradition these days. Every ICO I see launches a coin and when the coin gets listed on an exchange, it gets dumped hard.
Sometimes it dumps so hard that it takes months to recover and come back to the ICO price. This has become a serious issue now.
The ICOs can either keep a buy back mechanism or set a limit to the amount of coins that can be sold when the  coin gets listed on exchanges.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 06:08:45 PM

Your thoughts on this.?

its hard to find an ICO project with buy back mechanism,,
because as i know all money that collected during the crowdsale was used for the development and marketing my friend
but who knows, in the near time, a project with buy back mechanism will be born in this industry  Wink

bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 06:42:50 PM

You are very right and we have seen exactly the same situation for last one year or so, for me i think there is no way we can sell in 10 to 20x loss so if the project is good and you think that they will come up with a solid product then holding is the best option because when market goes bullish all these coins will become expensive as well and that is when you can take profit.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: