Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:44:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-02-18] BROCK PIERCE: MY MT. GOX REDEMPTION PLAN ‘SHOWS POWER OF BITCOIN’  (Read 177 times)
ruthbabe (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 01:07:43 AM

Brock Pierce, venture capitalist, and ex-Bitcoin Foundation director think his plan to take over the Mt. Gox rehabilitation process “demonstrates the power of open source.” Speaking on the latest edition of the Keiser Report February 16, Pierce says that community action was key to ensuring the defunct exchange did not become a cryptocurrency “Lehman Brothers.” See more for yourself here.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:31:14 AM

Brock Pierce was hanging out with convicted paedophiles in Spain, just him and his 2 convicted paedophile buddies. They are all 3 connected to the paedophilia case involving former Hollywood director Bryan Singer, where aspiring teenage actors were invited to get drunk and high at Singer's mansion

Anyone giving Brock Pierce any kind of airtime is knowingly endorsing a man that happily witnessed these events and continued to be involved with convicted paedophiles. Max Keiser is hence a very questionable character indeed.

Vires in numeris
CoinClarity

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 10:17:56 AM

I realize this is a bit OT for this particular story, but can someone explain to me if MtGOX was actually "hacked" or not? Were all the missing bitcoins from the "transaction malleability" issue (I realize its not an issue with bitcoin but rather an understanding of how transactions are processed), or was the exchange itself actually hacked?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:02:08 PM

I realize this is a bit OT for this particular story, but can someone explain to me if MtGOX was actually "hacked" or not? Were all the missing bitcoins from the "transaction malleability" issue (I realize its not an issue with bitcoin but rather an understanding of how transactions are processed), or was the exchange itself actually hacked?

I would start there - https://blog.wizsec.jp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70iRcSxqzo

The gist is that it was tens of thousands of BTC down before it was even sold to Karpeles. The most sustained thefts happened long before malleability was blamed.
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 04:11:41 PM

Even if they managed to bullet proof mt gox would anyone actually put their bitcoins into it? Based on their name alone i wouldn't even send 1 dogecoin to that dump.

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 05:50:09 PM

If it ever manages to launch, it will follow BTC-E that relaunched as WEX. Once your reputation has taken such a massive hit, your loyal market makers will not come back to you, regardless of how much advantages they enjoy on the platform itself. No market makers to guide an exchange start, no volume, and thus no liquidity.

The only thing these fools are doing is tarnish this space even further. Imagine how the mainstream media will react once the relaunched exchanges pulls off the same scam shit. Can we blame them in that case? Not at all. Centralized garbage exchanges shouldn't be given a second chance. If you do anyway, then don't be surprised about getting trashed everywhere on the net.  Roll Eyes
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 07:29:59 PM

Even if they managed to bullet proof mt gox would anyone actually put their bitcoins into it? Based on their name alone i wouldn't even send 1 dogecoin to that dump.

They wouldn't and this is the problem. Brock is stupid to think he can bring this dead horse back to life and ride into the sunset. It's not gonna happen!

People would maybe use it if we were back in 2014 and there would be not much competition but now most people are greeted by exchanges that show big volume and Mt. Gox shows a history of botting, hacks and losses.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 07:45:21 PM

I think ghost of gox past is still haunting bitcoin market.
Maybe somebody can prove me wrong but it might be, that gox trustee is still sitting on some significant amount of bitcoins.
It is said they still accept claims from people, so maybe this resistance at 4K is the "fault" of the syndic constantly selling, bit by bit to prevent strong crash? I can't find any good information on the subject, it's just me speculating.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: