Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: MICA (Microcaplist.com) - Plagiarized Whitepaper - Scam  (Read 1077 times)
deception1359 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 03:15:00 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2019, 06:12:34 AM by deception1359
Merited by nutildah (1), IPVPIRL (1)

ICO Name: MICA

ANN Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5106893
Archived: https://archive.is/8xZtn
Bounty Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5110437.0
Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2461478

Scammer Website: https://www.microcaplist.com/index.html
Archived: http://web.archive.org/web/20190219032620/https://www.microcaplist.com/index.html
Whitepaper: https://www.microcaplist.com/papers/whitepaper.pdf
Archived: http://web.archive.org/web/20190219032448/https://www.microcaplist.com/papers/whitepaper.pdf

Reason: Whitepaper plagiarized from "Escrow-coin.com"
Source: http://escrow-coin.com/img/EscrowCoinWhitepaper.pdf
And I found Info for ESCROW-COIN: PROJECT IS SCAMMED AVOID THEM
ANN for Escrow-coin, also Negative trust.

Comparison below. In order from the top down. MICA >> Escrow-coin.

Reason: Whitepaper plagiarized from "Bch-project.io"
Source: https://www.bch-project.io/Whitepaper/

Comparison below. In order from the top down. MICA >> Bch-project.

In addtion, when I access website to find more information of the TEAM.
Two members of this project (below) can't access in their Likedin.

Facebook of MICA have created on 17th Feb 2019? Really Huh: https://www.facebook.com/pg/micalistofficial/ads/?ref=page_internal

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kopisusu

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 06:10:06 AM

thank you, I've contacted team to clarify this problem. bounty thread for whilst I lock and will unlock until this problem clear
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 07:18:36 AM

thank you, I've contacted team to clarify this problem. bounty thread for whilst I lock and will unlock until this problem clear
Did you do any due diligence before you start to work as their bounty manager? If yes, would you mind sharing the result here?

Btw, it seems like you've started or managed a lot of bounties recently, one of them include the previous FIX Token that is also being accused as a scam project.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 08:15:52 AM

Really you deserve red tag since there is multiple accusation against you include FIX Token. This last excuse for you and I left neutral feedback for now. I will leave negative feedback if I see more accusations against you. You are wasting time of hunters for your own greedy nature. You have not research yourself before start any project although there is old accusation against you. So take care next time.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
witcher_sense
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 4313

🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 08:39:21 AM

Thanks for the timely warning. I stopped participating in this campaign. There are enough people involved in investigating scams here. Why don't managers contact them before promoting? Why not?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 08:56:47 AM

Really you deserve red tag since there is multiple accusation against you include FIX Token. This last excuse for you and I left neutral feedback for now. I will leave negative feedback if I see more accusations against you. You are wasting time of hunters for your own greedy nature. You have not research yourself before start any project although there is old accusation against you. So take care next time.

I left negative feedback, will review it in a month or so. Once can be forgiven but twice isn't imo. Especially since he was already aware of the first scam he promoted. I would expect a bounty manager to carefully review new projects after that.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 09:12:40 AM

I have a bad feeling about this project right from the very start but I gave it the benefits of the doubt. Oh well, this is not surprising even just reading the kind of project it is into. Good thing this is unearthed so wwe could not be wasting our time, effort and some resources promoting something that will eventually just be another one that bite the dust. I am thankful for people who are always investigating projects so we can expose them here and spare members from frustrations and lost time.
kopisusu

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 09:32:21 AM

I left negative feedback, will review it in a month or so. Once can be forgiven but twice isn't imo. Especially since he was already aware of the first scam he promoted. I would expect a bounty manager to carefully review new projects after that.
I never know it would scam or not, and I always lock bounty thread of each project that has problem ... I hope you will delete redtrus and I'll be more careful in running project
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 09:37:27 AM

I never know it would scam or not, and I always lock bounty thread of each project that has problem ... I hope you will delete redtrus and I'll be more careful in running project

On January 20th you replied in the FIX scam accusation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5099634.msg49327477#msg49327477

On February 15th you posted the MICA bounty topic, another scam project.

Obviously you're not putting any research in the projects you are promoting, enabling them to scam people out of their hard earned money. As I said, I'll review the negative feedback in a month or so but I highly advise you to do THOROUGH research on projects you are creating topics for.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 05:18:16 AM

Thanks for the timely warning. I stopped participating in this campaign. There are enough people involved in investigating scams here. Why don't managers contact them before promoting? Why not?

Some managers do their DD, some don't.

You should at least do your DD. This is not the first time people join a scam project being managed by you (and the sign is clear enough, plagiarized WP should be easy to find). If you're really serious being a bounty manager then you should be prepared if something like this happens. If you want to avoid it, then do some DD (at least check their team, and their WP, etc).

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1209

Heisenberg

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:31:27 AM

Locking a thread is not the issue. The issue is the bounty hunters' time that has been wasted just because you did not take enough time to do background checks on the projects you are going to promote.
Prevention is better than cure.

█████████████████████████████
█████████▀     ▄██ ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄▀▀▄█████████▄▀▀▄██████
███▄▄█▀▄██████▀ ▀████▄▀█▀ ▀██
██▀▀█▌▐█   ▀▀▀   █████▌▐█  ██
██  █ ███▄▄▄      ▀▀▀▀█ █  ██
██  █▌▐████▌         ▄▌▐█████
███▄██▄▀█████▄   ▄▄██▀▄█ ▀███
████▀ ▀▄▄▀███▀    █▀▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄ ▄█████
████████▄▄██       ██████████
█████████████████████████████
         ▄██▄     ▄
        █████   ▄████
       █████▌  █████▌
      ██████████████
     ███▀█████▀██▀████▄
   ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████
 ▄▄██████▄██▄▄██████▄█▀
▐██████████████████████▄
 ▀████████         ████▀
   ▀███████▄     ▄███▀
    ███████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████
▄▄███████████████████▄
               ▄███▄
            ▄████████

▄▄██████████
       █▀▀▀██▀▀▀████
      ███████████
    ▀▀▀████████████
      ▀███████████▀
      ▄███████████▄
 ▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀   ▄
▀▀█▀▀
███████████▀▀▀█▀▀
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄
..PLAY NOW..
       ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
     ████████████████
 ▄▄▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▄█▄      ██
    ▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄          ▄▄
    ▄▄▄███▄▄▄    ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀▀
     ▀ ▄█▄ ▀  ▀▄█ ▀█▀ █▄▀
    ▄▄  ▀     ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀        ▀██▀▀█▀▀██▀
         ██   ▀ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ ▀
deception1359 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:36:55 PM

Thanks for this info. I deleted anything that had to do with them from bitcointalk and facebook. Lucky I only started. I'm always waiting for 1-2 weeks before applying to some bounties just in case I find information like this.

Because I used to spend too much time working but met a scam project. I do not want people like me.
I will continue to search for a scam to warn everyone.
zengis
Copper Member

Activity: 142
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 03:04:16 PM

On January 20th you replied in the FIX scam accusation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5099634.msg49327477#msg49327477

On February 15th you posted the MICA bounty topic, another scam project.

Obviously you're not putting any research in the projects you are promoting, enabling them to scam people out of their hard earned money. As I said, I'll review the negative feedback in a month or so but I highly advise you to do THOROUGH research on projects you are creating topics for.
He has made two mistakes by becoming a bounty manager on a deceptive project. I think he is indeed not careful or may be the part of the fraudster. Every bounty manager must be given decisive action, because they are the ones who bring anger to investors and bountiers, they also contribute to the bad image of the world development of blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
If they are given a second chance, then there is hope to repeat the same method.
We must maintain that blockchain and cryptocurrencies are the future that must give full trust to the community.
cryptofane

Activity: 630
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:03:40 PM

Why the project manager does not care, read, look for him, instead of wasting our time in these fraudulent projects, thank you so much for your interest.

NOBT  ▌WNOBT
Take care of your financial privacy  ▌A blockchain loyalty scheme and more (http://nobt.info/)
Mica (MicroCapList)
Copper Member

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 09:02:19 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 05:18:39 PM by Mica (MicroCapList)

MICA ico is not scam as pointed at this thread

if we take a look at the reasons, it will be cleared that is not scam any where

#1 The plagiarism

The plagiarism is detected at 2 paragraphs that not related to the main content and idea of white paper

A. The definition of (What is escrow), it is just a definition which can be used ant many documents, articles or white paper when review the basic expressions the white paper use, and writers have some definitions use them repeatedly.

B. Part of the disclaimer, the disclaimer is very slandered and some disclaimer points can be similar at many projects, it is standard in common and away to be a reason to call a project to be scam

Generally, the idea of the project and white-paper all are unique and new and not connect by any way to escrow coin or any other coin,

#2 linked-in of 2 of the team members

It updated correctly,  website connections were still under checking and update when you tried to go to linked-in. The team members all are real pictures and identity and ready for any verification by anyone.

We know you try to detect scam projects which affect more investors and appreciate that control, but we also want to clarify the project situation and confirm the reality of team members and the unique content and idea of the project.
deception1359 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:15:49 AM

You were wrong, with other projects, if they were a real project, you wouldn't be able to find any plagiarism, because they actually composed whitepaper.
Even the part of the disclaimer statement, their sentence will be different.

I spent a lot of time comparing, in other projects I couldn't find any suspicions in their whitepaper. They don't take the definitions that are available online to add to their whitepaper.

Anyway, your project has plagiarized, you get negative points not because of me but by the community.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7909

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 10:47:38 AM

(posts bounty report in scam accusation thread)

LOL.

Every time I open the Announcements board I can always find at least 1 or 2 projects with a plagiarized white paper. So, my question is, do all of these deserved to be tagged as scam projects?

My rule of thumb is, it depends on which parts are being plagiarized. Of course all of it is bad and if you were in college you could be expelled without at least crediting your sources, and putting "quotes" around the parts you "referenced."

Is the common standard that plagiarism should always result in a red tag for the ICO promoter? I'm just curious.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
nutildah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 03:47:58 PM

The bounty manager locks the thread so the bounty hunters just start posting their reports in the Scam Accusation thread for the bounty they are supporting.

Unreal how brain dead some people are.  Roll Eyes

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
ICOEthics

Activity: 392
Merit: 892

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 04:17:30 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2019, 07:30:24 PM by ICOEthics
Merited by nutildah (1)

The bounty manager locks the thread so the bounty hunters just start posting their reports in the Scam Accusation thread for the bounty they are supporting.

Unreal how brain dead some people are.  Roll Eyes

Maybe the moderator will take care of them for spamming (?)

(edited)
~...
Every time I open the Announcements board I can always find at least 1 or 2 projects with a plagiarized white paper. So, my question is, do all of these deserved to be tagged as scam projects?

When searching for plagiarism we don't count the "Legal Disclaimer" since many projects just use the same format.
But everything else that is found, if it is not original and doesn't have a source, we will consider as plagiarism.
Using someone else whitepaper is an indication of a possible scam.  There other factors to consider along with the plagiarized whitepaper to call a project a scam.

ICOEthics ━█ ██ Monitoring ICO Scams ██ █━ ICOEthics
☶ Browse ICO Scams List〚!〛Save your crypto from scammers〚!〛Submit a possible ICO scam ✎
Mica (MicroCapList)
Copper Member

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:51:16 AM

Unreal how brain dead some people are.  Roll Eyes

Maybe the moderator will take care of them for spamming (?)

(edited)
~...

When searching for plagiarism we don't count the "Legal Disclaimer" since many projects just use the same format.
But everything else that is found, if it is not original and doesn't have a source, we will consider as plagiarism.
Using someone else whitepaper is an indication of a possible scam.  There other factors to consider along with the plagiarized whitepaper to call a project a scam.

From MICA team,

MICA project is real and do not aim to any kind of scam, we already clarified the issue but may be some try to win more trust points on bitcointalk without detailed check, it is hard work to call an ico to be finally scam because every project surly had hard effort by its team. We must differentiate between mistakes may be done by writer or any other mistalk and between scam. Scam projects do not have real team identity and unique idea.

For all those reasons and because we as a team actually paid great effort for this project and believe it its success, we will continue campaign through MICA Telegram, all previous participants will be rewarded their bounties and also can join through the new one on telegram (will be announced on Telegram announcement channel). if you choose to support us, you are welcome

MICA presale will start as planned and the project will be directed only for success, you can now join presale registration list before presale start.

nutildah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 11:58:09 AM

From MICA team,

MICA project is real and do not aim to any kind of scam, we already clarified the issue but may be some try to win more trust points on bitcointalk without detailed check, it is hard work to call an ico to be finally scam because every project surly had hard effort by its team. We must differentiate between mistakes may be done by writer or any other mistalk and between scam. Scam projects do not have real team identity and unique idea.

For all those reasons and because we as a team actually paid great effort for this project and believe it its success, we will continue campaign through MICA Telegram, all previous participants will be rewarded their bounties and also can join through the new one on telegram (will be announced on Telegram announcement channel). if you choose to support us, you are welcome

MICA presale will start as planned and the project will be directed only for success, you can now join presale registration list before presale start.

No thanks. If I were investing in ICOs (I don't), I would immediately move on to another one that didn't plagiarize their white paper.

I pulled up a random paragraph and sure enough, it was also plagiarized.

From your white paper:

The cryptocurrency ecosystem keeps evolving and its areas of applications are growing rapidly,
there are a lot of areas and sectors which digital currency is being implemented and the areas of
application keep growing daily.

From another ICO white paper:

The cryptocurrency ecosystem keeps evolving and its areas of applications are growing rapidly. There
are a lot of areas and sectors which digital currency is being implemented and the areas of application
keep growing daily.

By the way, detecting plagiarism isn't necessarily deserving of positive trust points, but offering an ICO with a plagiarized white paper is deserving of negative ones.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀