Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:41:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cabalism13's Tips on Building A Trusted Profile  (Read 265 times)
cabalism13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:07:33 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2019, 01:33:43 AM by cabalism13
Merited by dbshck (5), xandry (2)

I may not have the rights to post such this for I haven't meet and experienced this, but still I will do it for the sake of the other users that wants to have a trusted profile here and some what be an established good citizen of bitcointalk.

Note: Anything that you seem to find irrelevant and a mistake feel free to make a suggestion.

For you to be a Trusted Member here you should have some of these criterias:

1. Knowledge in this type of industry. Starting with these can boost yourself when engaging to other people.

2. Service in terms of service people are seem to have doubts on trusting new profiles, so I suggest to make or try a service that is free to take risks, having transactions to other users that seems to be well-known here. So running an escrow or loans will not be entertained if you're a newbie profile.

3. Honesty during our school days this is the best policy and it is also like here. Don't be too foolish to ruin yourself just because of some money that was entrusted to you.

4. Talent if you're a professional entrepreneur then it will be easy for you to get into the market for you have the strategies and analytic behavior that can help you in doing business. And if you're a pro in programming /or anything that has something to do with technology, it can also help you earn trust for helping people.

5. Give and Take this applies on feedbacks (success or failed transactions) but still depends on the users whether they give you  or not.You can also leave feedbacks but be sure to make a legit feedback and leave some proof of transactions/accusations.

For Guidelines in leaving feedbacks visit this link:
Infographic of CryptopreneurBrainBoss

6. Forum Activities you might want reading my tips in order for you to rank up, for the reason it can be a guarantee for you to be more trusted if you have some helpful activities here.Also the Earned Merits is a big points to your profile, for it is just like hitting THREE birds in one stone, with this you can A. rank up B. help new quality poster members to gain Merits C. build your profile and make into the DT lists/Merit Source.

7. Helpful Deeds On some cases here on bitcointalk, if your profile is quite having an awesome activities like exposing scams, spams,ponzis etc. You might  also gain a positive feedback from other users. (But foremost it should not always be done like that)

8. Open-Minded you should be if not you're just looking for enemies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 10:18:27 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2019, 04:57:48 AM by CryptopreneurBrainboss

I get it that you're trying to help but what are the source of this advice? Since you said you aren't qualified to give the advice (which technical you aren't) then where did you get the advice from? I believe in the saying you can't give what you don't have and since you don't have a reputation on your account don't you think this advice is coming from the wrong user. You first have to build your reputation before you advice others on reputation building, just as you did in your cabalism13's Activity Tips on Ranking. You need a reputation to back this advice up.

Not asking you to go looking for trust farming/swapping but at least your profile has to serve as as example for every advice relating to forum you give, to proof the tips/advice actually works.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:04:36 AM

Firstly , I guess you should not think of trust or "trusted profile". Even a slight hint of trust farming will be heavily frowned.
The best way to learn about the the process of how people get "trusted" here is to look on the DT profiles. You will find either they are doing community service here or handling bitcoin/trading without any blemish in their entire career.

I am alive
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:23:30 AM

Firstly , I guess you should not think of trust or "trusted profile". Even a slight hint of trust farming will be heavily frowned.
The best way to learn about the the process of how people get "trusted" here is to look on the DT profiles. You will find either they are doing community service here or handling bitcoin/trading without any blemish in their entire career.
Agree, this even sounds bad like building trusted profile. Trust is something you earn for long time and loosing very quickly, is something you can't even control either people trust you or not.
Its just choosing words because core of what you saying is correct. Its big post but it can be shortened to be helpful to others, dont come here only for earning purposes, try not to break any rules and then you are good to go.

I hope that more people reading this guides because lately there is so many of them that i have worry that more people write them that read them.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 12:08:11 PM

<...>
Trust is a multi-faceted concept, baring different meanings in accordance to the context. Some of the aspects you enumerate in the OP are more related in my opinion to building a reputation of the forum, which in turn may (or may not) lead to gaining trust.

Reputation is easier to perceive, and I normally view a member as reputable based on their actions and comments on the forum, and specifically related to the degree of personal knowledge they have, and how they use it on the forum for the global benefit.

Trust on the other hand is more difficult to define. Mostly it will be judgment related or  commerce related, but there may be other related aspects. Then there is what this trust entails, ranging from all the DT/Personal Trust List forum related features and fuzz (which does not necessarily always bear a relation to positive reputation), through determining who you would PM to resolve a personal issue (let’s say crypto related) to who you would buy something off.

I know some reputable people I would no trust a dime with (be them on DT or not), and less of all on a faceless forum. Even Customized Trust lists are a tentative approach to real-life trust if and sort of currency is involved. I may on the other hand trust their criteria on certain topics for a proven track on them.
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 12:28:50 PM

What do you mean by "trusted" ?
Merited, respected, liked, highly green trusted or just not tagged ?

If it's the later, just don't cheat and don't make enemies (which means don't get involved most of the time), you should be fine.
Also don't get affiliated with shady projects that you may want to promote for any reason (signature campaign...).

If what you want is to be in green, make deals with others and don't screw them over.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: