Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:40:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you give panhandlers money?  (Read 831 times)
longlivecapitalism

Activity: 966
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 12:53:39 PM

Giving to the category of people like those that you mention in your post? No. Giving to people who are suffering and could really use some help, who have been down on their luck and you can clearly see that they are ashamed that they even need the help and will get up on their feet with the first chance they get? Yes, these people are worth helping.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jvanname

Activity: 666
Merit: 51

View Profile
April 24, 2022, 02:53:19 AM

Do not help anyone especially if they need your help. Bums constantly harass and threaten others, so they need to be locked up and removed from society. We can send them to Zimbabwe or something.
Ahli38

Activity: 784
Merit: 732

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2022, 08:59:42 AM

I decide to give or not based on the eligibility or not of the beggar.

because I've had a hard time going bankrupt in the past. I was only a few years married at that time.
I once experienced not having food for almost a week. my wife and I were very hungry. but me and my wife's principle is "never beg or beg to anyone, even to family such as parents and siblings, as long as this body is strong enough to withstand hunger and will not cause death".
because if I begged my brother at that time, my family's disgrace would have been discovered. while my wife and I are people who really don't want the disgrace in the family to leak out.
and I was looking for work at that time until I finally got a job in a restaurant. with wages paid per day. then my wife and I can eat normally again. and raised money from my job and then quit and started to enter the cryto world and now i earn from my daily trading in crypto and i thank god make it easy for me in trading so i rarely lose. and can live a normal and happy life with a small family.

so when I often see beggars on the streets with a body that is still strong and young. I also thought "why does that person have to beg when he still has a strong body to work". then I will not give to beggars who I see are still strong at work.

but I often give beggars what they deserve. such as people with physical or mental disabilities or elderly people. so I'm always happy to give them. sometimes I even prepare money to be given to beggars who are well-deserved.

everyone has hard times. but begging when our bodies are still strong to work is a big mistake and even in my religion begging is forbidden.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3185

View Profile
May 28, 2022, 06:15:52 PM

I am conflicted on the topic.

If I pity someone, then I want to help them. But pity is an expression of disrespect, and I generally won't help someone that I don't respect.

So, I won't help someone even though I want to, or I will help someone even though I feel that I shouldn't.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: