Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:14:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who is your preferred candidate to ultimately WIN the presidency?
Joe Biden - 12 (9.8%)
Michael Bloomberg - 9 (7.4%)
Cory Booker - 2 (1.6%)
Pete Buttigieg - 8 (6.6%)
Julian Castro - 3 (2.5%)
John Delaney - 2 (1.6%)
Tulsi Gabbard - 13 (10.7%)
Kirsten Gillibrand - 2 (1.6%)
Kamala Harris - 6 (4.9%)
Amy Klobuchar - 2 (1.6%)
Beto O'Rourke - 3 (2.5%)
Bernie Sanders - 31 (25.4%)
Elizabeth Warren - 7 (5.7%)
Andrew Yang - 22 (18%)
Total Voters: 74

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Democrats  (Read 12624 times)
_Miracle

Activity: 905
Merit: 657

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 04:07:08 AM

I genuinely respect your respect for elders: however you can probably use just regular respect on the forum :-) There's nothing cliché in what Theymos said:
 it is how it is right now

Thanks, -Its old habit - and thanks for the advice I will keep this in my mind next time.

We can respectfully agree to disagree on the "Cliche statement"  Everyone has a different set of experience in their life and my statement based on my observations.

Right or Wrong? depends on the situations.

it seems impossible that a non Christian is elected.
If people like the candidate, most of them don't care much.

With due respect to your opinion, I know you are elder to me and sorry for that, but this statement is plain bullshit. (in this context)

It is one of the cliche quotes which every so-called  intellectual talk in their drawing room, but when it comes to voting they go with other option."

Which one is the cliche'?

I wouldn't have an issue electing someone from another faith, that is the beauty of separation between church and state.

We are one nation under god---but that really should be where faith stops.
It was a big deal when Kennedy became the first Catholic president, there was concern that he would impose his beliefs on the nation.
Romney being a Mormon was a concern -->and yes Mormons are Christians and typically live their beliefs.

I don't think the rest of the country would be as open minded about electing someone outside of ...lol I was going to say
"Outside of one of the Abrahamic faiths"
But no; at this moment a candidate would probably at least have to claim they are a Christian.

Maybe Trump's presidency will change that?

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 09:09:03 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 09:55:25 AM by JSRAW

That "if people like candidate then they don't care about his-her religious belief".

Candidate can be only Christian or at least can try to be a Christian- Just like Donald Trump-? Only then he ( Not she)  can lead the country.

This is the Context

Trump is only nominally Christian, and he has a lot of evangelical support. If people like the candidate, most of them don't care much.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 10:48:37 AM

The GOP wouldn't survive president Sanders. Neither would the USA.

People were saying the U.S. wouldn't survive Trump, yet here we are. People have been saying the same thing every election about every candidate they didn't like, forever. The reason we're still here is because the presidency is now more of a figurehead type position. Once a president takes office, 95% of their ideology falls to the wayside as they become encumbered by forces ensuring maintenance of the status quo.

Apparently pointing out reality now days makes you a dick.

No, its being a dick that makes you a dick.

Except Trump knows how economics work, Bernie doesn't. Funny how much the left loves false equivalency. I am very sorry some of you have trouble controlling your emotions, but the fact that you can not regulate your emotional state is not my responsibility. Apparently though the fact that you can not control yourself is some how my responsibility according to you. Hey maybe you can get in a debate with me in a subject you know nothing about, feel dumb by your own doing, then call me a dick some more.
_Miracle

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 02:07:15 PM

That "if people like candidate then they don't care about his-her religious belief".

Candidate can be only Christian or at least can try to be a Christian- Just like Donald Trump-? Only then he ( Not she)  can lead the country.

This is the Context

Trump is only nominally Christian, and he has a lot of evangelical support. If people like the candidate, most of them don't care much.

The other forum members you are referencing have their own views so please don't ascribe anything I say as speaking for them.
We're just having a conversation about potential presidential candidates.
Religious beliefs are still tied to politics right now--I wish it wasn't so but it is the current reality---being upset about isn't going to change anything
but continuing to have open conversations might be worthwhile.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 07:32:05 PM

The GOP wouldn't survive president Sanders. Neither would the USA.
Thats the point. Change the USA into something completely different than it has ever been when it rises up to live out the true meaning of its creed.
coins4commies

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 10:24:53 AM

Andrew Yang starting to iron out some policy despite complete MSM blackout.  The lying MSM doesn't even list him as a candidate even though they give town hall specials to people who aren't even running.  Highly intelligent, frank dude who comes off a bit musky. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tuJ0phjFys

-$1,000 per month for UBI funded by an opt in for people who currently get less than 1k in welfare and a value added tax to hit the tech companies which currently don't pay tax.

-$100 democracy dollars per person per year

Democracy dollars replaces campaign financing and lobbying. 

-Will spend "trillions of dollars" on infrastructure for safety, economic stimulus and climate change

-Restraint and judgement in foreign policy
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 07:32:01 PM

Andrew Yang starting to iron out some policy despite complete MSM blackout.  The lying MSM doesn't even list him as a candidate
This is probably because he is not even on the map in the polls.

According to a poll released Feb 23, he is not in the top 14 candidate for the NH (early) primary, when numbers 13 and 14 are rounded down to 0%, and "someone else" collectively has 5%.

He isn't in the top 19 in a national poll for the Democrat nomination, with the bottom three each having a rounded percentage of voters of 0%, and "someone else" collectively getting 3%.

I don't think he has a realistic chance of even getting any delegate votes. I am not sure why theymos even has him on the list in the OP.

Edit: perhaps Howard Schultz should be added to the OP, and poll. He is technically considering running as an independent, however his views align with Democrats (he is a moderate) and may end up running as one.
coins4commies

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:39:22 PM

Thats a circular argument.  Him not being in the polls is highly correlated to  the media does not mentioning him.  Real journalists provide comprehensive information about a topic.  Fakenews organizations cover only the portions of the topic they think will prove trendy.

CNN gave a bunch of candidates townhalls and live coverage to kick off their campaigns and give them a boost in the polls.  Yang can't poll if no one knows what he stands for or if he's running.  How did you think people find out about the candidates they prefer?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 11:58:42 PM

Thats a circular argument.  Him not being in the polls is highly correlated to  the media does not mentioning him.  Real journalists provide comprehensive information about a topic.  Fakenews organizations cover only the portions of the topic they think will prove trendy.

CNN gave a bunch of candidates townhalls and live coverage to kick off their campaigns and give them a boost in the polls.  Yang can't poll if no one knows what he stands for or if he's running.  How did you think people find out about the candidates they prefer?

I don't think real journalists need to promote every self-proclaimed presidential candidate, particularly with so many other communication channels available today besides the traditional media. I'd say your guy is aiming a bit too high, school board or county council seems more appropriate for him.
_Miracle

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 02:00:58 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2019, 08:19:25 AM by _Miracle

Andrew Yang is interesting on many levels, his Joe Rogan interview was my introduction to him and he has done quite a few more podcast type of interviews since then.
UBI isn't going to be relatable unfortunately calling it a "freedom dividend" will.

Implementing a time valued crypto currency for exchanging volunteer work is something that hooked me in relation to the non-profit I'm working on---not sure I want as part of our government.

His interview on The Coin Chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo0_6zOPSOs

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 12:05:10 AM

Andrew Yang is interesting on many levels, his Joe Rogan interview was my introduction to him and he has done quite a few more podcast type of interviews since then.
UBI isn't going to be relatable unfortunately calling it a "freedom dividend" will.

Implementing a time valued crypto currency for exchanging volunteer work is something that hooked me in relation to the non-profit I'm working on---not sure I want as part of our government.

UBI is just re-branded Communism. It will create a feedback loop of dependence and voting for more handouts until production is completely destroyed, then the totalitarian elements erupt like puss from a big commie boil.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 04:05:36 PM

....How did you think people find out about the candidates they prefer?

Those who decide which candidates the rabble should prefer, let them know in various ways.
coins4commies

@cryptocommies

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 01:54:17 AM

UBI is just re-branded Communism. It will create a feedback loop of dependence and voting for more handouts until production is completely destroyed, then the totalitarian elements erupt like puss from a big commie boil.
you state this against all evidence but ok. stick to your previously held misconceptions. 

https://economics.mit.edu/files/12488
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 02:42:57 AM

you state this against all evidence but ok. stick to your previously held misconceptions. 

What evidence? Your shitty meta-study about welfare which doesn't once mention universal basic income within it? This is totally irrelevant as these programs are not equivalent to UBI. Furthermore they are small subsets within a market economy that would be no where near reflective of the true results of a national or global scale UBI system. In summary "all evidence" is no evidence.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 07:09:15 PM

Dems know their only chance to win is if they can buy the votes with free handouts to illegal aliens...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/8/house-votes-favor-illegal-immigrant-voting/
coins4commies

@cryptocommies

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:14:44 PM

What evidence? Your shitty meta-study about welfare which doesn't once mention universal basic income within it? This is totally irrelevant as these programs are not equivalent to UBI. Furthermore they are small subsets within a market economy that would be no where near reflective of the true results of a national or global scale UBI system. In summary "all evidence" is no evidence.
That article includes an analysis of studies on 7 different cash transfer systems which is what UBI is; a cash transfer system.  There is no evidence that giving basic cash to someone discourages them from working.  Also, cash transfers are far from communism because communism is a cashless system. 

Its one thing to not have evidence to support your claims but you don't even provide reasoning.   You just state things with no explanation.  I'm desperately trying to understand your point of view but its hard when you are saying things equivalent to "don't eat after 3pm or your car will get a flat tire".  Its plausible that eating after 3pm could set off a series of events that leads to a flat tire but without explanation, evidence, or reasoning to support the claim, it just sounds wild, random, and impossible to make sense of. So...

Why do you say "all evidence is no evidence"?

Why do you think production will be destroyed?
_Miracle

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 08:41:26 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2019, 03:37:04 AM by _Miracle
Merited by theymos_away (2)

Actually the way Andrew Yang's touting UBI is to reference it to Milton Friedman ( who was a free market capitalist economist).

Milton Friedman's idea was to execute it as a negative income tax but he wasn't 100% sold on getting it done that way.
 Friedman's intention was to get government out of the individuals life whenever possible and that included creating (in some way) a basic income to get rid of welfare which he rarely goes into how destructive he thinks it is for people and families ---because he's an economist who believed in personal freedom but he does on occasion touch on the subject.

The way in which any current political thinker would attempt to implement Friedman's ideas would likely be antithetical to the idea itself.

coins4commies

@cryptocommies

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 02:46:16 AM

Buttigieg voiced support for a UBI in tonight's townhall.  It wasn't an outright proposal but more of a "we should look into it" position.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:14:51 PM

....Also, cash transfers are far from communism because communism is a cashless system. ....

Why don't you correctly phrase statements such as this so that people will understand them, and not think you are not altogether there?

For example

...Also, cash transfer are far from My Ideal Of Communism because In My Concept of Communism is a cashless system...

Everyone would benefit.
coins4commies

@cryptocommies

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 08:29:38 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism
the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money,[3][4] and the state.[5][6]

So although I recognize that those living in capitalist societies define communism as totalitarian state,  I am trying to establish the actual definition of a communist society in any discussion. You not thinking I'm altogether there as a result of that is just a reflection of your ignorance, not mine.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: