Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:26:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Patatas and the trust rating  (Read 358 times)
Developerx11 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 09:49:37 PM

Hello,

I was not involved in the social life of bitcointalk forum until this moment, I have worked with multiple users and I have created dozens of projects from this forum, even if I had more expectations from the forum itself (being the main bitcoin discussion forum).

I meet daily people that are trying to scam but this is a story for a different time, now I want to speak about the user Patatas which seems to have a quite voting power inside the trust system. At this moment I am not well aware of how it works or how it is defined but I promise that by the end of the day I will read more about it.

A few days ago I found this topic where it came to my knowledge that bitcointalk accounts are not allowed to be sold and bought:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5108117.msg49679513#msg49679513

It can be seen here that the account is a bought one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1206631 ; neutral feedback received from the user KWH.

It can be seen here also: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1405761.msg14284008#msg14284008 ; reference of the user: riseDARK from his profile. riseDARK, as it seems, it is an alt of Billyboy402, some strange user with a complicated history.

Patatas has no history of being a known user of this forum and now by trading, working or anything else. I am thinking how the trust system works and how it is possible to allow someone that is spamming for a signature campaign/posting with no history of feedbacks, to have so much voting power. I am not looking for a good voting power for myself yet; I am trying to prove in time that I am worth it, but I can't stay in a community where someone like Patatas has so much power.

Now, I know my history of feedbacks, lately looks bad mostly with this scam accusation on my name: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5108716 . But I have tried and I came with evidences that I have lost the telegram account and I have tried as you can see on the topic to send from my own money or do the project for free as it can be seen here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5108716.msg49757071#msg49757071 .

The feedback of Patatas is destroying my profile and I can't just let it go, I have sent not even a PM to him by now but I can't accept to let it go.

If any of you will come right now and try to say your opinions about my feedbacks, here's a post where I have explained some of them, what happened: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5108716.msg49708241#msg49708241

The purpose of this topic is that the community can decide if Patatas should continue having such a big voting power on the forum.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 10:07:07 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2019, 10:27:55 PM by Coolcryptovator

For your information Patatas is not DT1, that means he is not selected by voting system. Patatas  has added DT2 by ICOEthics & tmfp. I am not sure about his activity. But as far as I know Patatas exclude me from his trust list, but still I did not exclude (~) him. I don't like retaliatory exclusion so I will look on this case latter. Exclusion and inclusion depend on judgment/feedback's.

OP case also looking complicated to me. I will look on it if I have free time. Other DT can take a look. No, I am not going to counter tag.

DT1 is different from DT2? As the search function helps me, dt is the acronym for default trust?
For feedback's, both rating is same. If DT1 or DT2 leave you negative feedback it will red by default for all user. But selection is different.

D1 directly selected by community by voting system. DT2 just added by DT1. For example I am on DT1, if I add you on my trust list then you will be DT2. But if some other DT1 exclude you then you will remove from DT2. For more details read this thread : DefaultTrust changes

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Developerx11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 10:10:48 PM

For your information Patatas is not DT1, that means he is not selected by voting system. Patatas  has added DT2 by ICOEthics & tmfp. I am not sure about his activity. But as far as I know Patatas exclude me from his trust list, but still I did not distrust him. I will look on this case latter.

OP case also looking complicated to me. I will look on it if I have free time. Other DT can take a look. No, I am not going to counter tag.  

Thank you, I am not looking for a counter tag as you don't know me, feedbacks should be based on real interactions with users, not just to throw some words away.

DT1 is different from DT2? As the search function helps me, dt is the acronym for default trust?
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6366

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:22:03 PM

Line 1 to 15 is complete waste of time.  if anyone wants to investigate the case, i advice you to start reading from line no 16.

ok, so correct me if i am wrong.

your telegram account was hacked, the member sent 100$ worth of BTC to the scammer that uses the telegram account that was in your initial post, and then you simply "claim" that it was not you who got the money, you offered the guy a refund because somehow you are responsible for that, the next day you changed your mind and say you don't owe him anything.

and when you have been asked, why haven't you not warn about it, you said

I did not notified because I thought it won't be necessary, I deleted it from the topics.

so it didn't cross your mind that somebody might be already talking to the scammer on your telegram and sending them money?

if i was to believe that your telegram was actually hacked, i would still think you are responsible for being reckless.

the first thing you should have done was to notify others about this.

also as a responsible manager or whatever your position was, you should have used a single BTC address , signed and verified by you and stated that people should only send to this address, which is not there in your self-moderated topic >https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5106534.msg49692509#msg49692509

TL;DR , you deserve the tag for at least being careless about people's money.

and unless you pay back the money to that user, i don't think it's right for you to nag about the feedback, once you settle the scam accusation opened against you, you may get a better luck removing that tag or getting a counter, which i highly doubt anyway.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8921

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 10:30:35 PM

Thank you, I am not looking for a counter tag as you don't know me, feedbacks should be based on real interactions with users, not just to throw some words away.

The trust rating that Patatas posted for you is factual and based on "real interactions" someone had with you. I don't see how you can dispute that.
Developerx11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 10:33:31 PM

Line 1 to 15 is complete waste of time.  if anyone wants to investigate the case, i advice you to start reading from line no 16.

your telegram account was hacked, the member sent 100$ worth of BTC to the scammer that uses the telegram account that was in your initial post, and then you simply "claim" that it was not you who got the money, you offered the guy a refund because somehow you are responsible for that, the next day you changed your mind and say you don't owe him anything.

I did not notified because I thought it won't be necessary, I deleted it from the topics.

so it didn't cross your mind that somebody might be already talking to the scammer on your telegram and sending them money?

if i was to believe that your telegram was actually hacked, i would still think you are responsible for being reckless.

also as a responsible manager or whatever your position was, you should have used a single BTC address , signed and verified by you and stated that people should only send to this address, which is not there in your self-moderated topic >https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5106534.msg49692509#msg49692509

and unless you pay back the money to that user, i don't think it's right for you to nag about the feedback, once you settle the scam accusation opened against you, you may get a better luck removing that tag or getting a counter, which i highly doubt anyway.

My telegram account was not hacked, I was not the owner of it anymore. Anyone doing business with me knew that I have moved to discord again, to my old username. The fact that the person that owns the telegram now sent messages to people I had conversations with it's not my problem.

Yes, I have accepted to give him the money he lost, but after series of pm's and his arrogance, I decided not to care anymore.

No, using a single address it's a stupid way to manage cryptocurrencies received from severals users.

You have to understand all I spoke in my life with the one scammed was only 10-15 lines through telegram where he denied hiring me because my price was too high. I forgot about his existence 10 minutes later.. I had no idea about his bitcointalk account and not even interest to inform that user.
Developerx11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 10:34:00 PM

The trust rating that Patatas posted for you is factual and based on "real interactions" someone had with you. I don't see how you can dispute that.

How it is factual? If I may!? Where are the facts?
ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:43:07 PM

My telegram account was not hacked, I was not the owner of it anymore. Anyone doing business with me knew that I have moved to discord again, to my old username. The fact that the person that owns the telegram now sent messages to people I had conversations with it's not my problem.

Yes, I have accepted to give him the money he lost, but after series of pm's and his arrogance, I decided not to care anymore.

No, using a single address it's a stupid way to manage cryptocurrencies received from severals users.

You have to understand all I spoke in my life with the one scammed was only 10-15 lines through telegram where he denied hiring me because my price was too high. I forgot about his existence 10 minutes later.. I had no idea about his bitcointalk account and not even interest to inform that user.
You having no interest in the account is Negligence considering the user in question already had it.. including myself. Just pay him the $100

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Developerx11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 10:45:01 PM

You having no interest in the account is Negligence considering the user in question already had it.. including myself. Just pay him the $100

I wanted, I was open to it, I asked him to join discord and speak with me privately. I wanted to offer my apologies and just send him the coins, but he continued saying that I am creating a drama or a story.

//Now I don't know if I am still in the interest of paying him something
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6366

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:52:23 PM

The fact that the person that owns the telegram now sent messages to people I had conversations with it's not my problem.

whose problem then?

it does not make sense, you knew you it was your mistake that's why you decided to pay him. so him being nice to you or not should make no difference, admiring to your mistake once, doesn't give you the right to change your mind the next day and say it was not my mistake and i am not paying you shit.

The opposite is correct, if you know how to handle your business then you should know that every account you have including bitcointalk are hackable, the only thing that is supposedly secured is your wallet, even if your account is hacked, any btc sent would still be safe, you can have more than 1 address, it does not matter, as long as the user can verify the signature and know it's your own address that should be good enough.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Developerx11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 11:02:39 PM

@mikeywith

Yes, it was my mistake, but not entirely. I had no business ongoing with that person and he already denied my work, he was not in the group of my interest to care about him.

About having multiple address, I'll give you an example of something that happened:

1. User X had to send to me 0.05 btc
2. User Y had to send me 0.04 btc

User X sent to me 0.04 and user Y claimed he sent the coins. I asked user X to prove he sent the coins but he was unable as he sent from an exchange. Finally, I connected to the computer of user X with anydesk to see his poloniex account with the transaction.

Also a lot of people getting in touch with me want to keep their name unknown or have not a single track to their coins. It is obvious to create a unique bitcoin address for each member. Also it is easier to manage how many coins I am receiving for each project. Having a unique address helps me to track easier how much the user paid me already.

A clear fact that just came to my head is that the scammer used a not new bitcoin address, during his scam. I won't ever do something like this, I am always using new and unique addresses for each member that is getting in touch with me. (it is clear he used an exchange address, something I would never use).

I only own a bitfinex account and I did only one trade over there when Bitcoin Interest was listed.

I own addresses with payments for coins since January last year with coins not moved. I am getting paid in BTC at the same level, no matter the FIAT price. I have a local business, doing developing is more like a personal hobby.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8921

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 12:20:44 AM
Merited by mikeywith (2)

In the trust rating that Patatas posted and in the reference link that leads to:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4792632.msg47845612#msg47845612
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4792632.msg48077624#msg48077624

There some "real interactions" between you and other users, they're complaining, you're acknowledging that, trying to move the conversation to discord etc. Much like this latest incident where you throw a tantrum that the user doesn't communicate with you on discord.

It stands to reason that if you want to use Bitcointalk to advertise your business then you shouldn't be surprised that such actions will be scrutinized here. Or you could move to discord for good if you don't want to worry about your Bitcointalk reputation.
Developerx11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 01:11:22 AM

In the trust rating that Patatas posted and in the reference link that leads to:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4792632.msg47845612#msg47845612
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4792632.msg48077624#msg48077624

There some "real interactions" between you and other users, they're complaining, you're acknowledging that, trying to move the conversation to discord etc. Much like this latest incident where you throw a tantrum that the user doesn't communicate with you on discord.

It stands to reason that if you want to use Bitcointalk to advertise your business then you shouldn't be surprised that such actions will be scrutinized here. Or you could move to discord for good if you don't want to worry about your Bitcointalk reputation.

Your point is a very good one, I have to admit. But the best business is conducted when you can easily with a person, through bitcointalk and pm's or topics can become a mess.
mosprognoz

Activity: 868
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:03:29 PM

Dude.. you offered coin + smart contract developing service here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5106534.msg49600193#msg49600193  You are newbie and in that thread you are not offering escrow for customers, and there are no links to your previous works. All this is very suspicious and nobody with clear mind will use such service. Also you are asking money in advance... I'm really sorry for that guy who lost $100, because of your scammy thread (I'm more than sure,that you are not going to send him that money back) Your tag was much more than deserved.
Developerx11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 12:21:06 AM

Dude.. you offered coin + smart contract developing service here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5106534.msg49600193#msg49600193  You are newbie and in that thread you are not offering escrow for customers, and there are no links to your previous works. All this is very suspicious and nobody with clear mind will use such service. Also you are asking money in advance... I'm really sorry for that guy who lost $100, because of your scammy thread (I'm more than sure,that you are not going to send him that money back) Your tag was much more than deserved.

My kind of deals can't be escrowed so easily. It just can't. I am quite sure that 90% of the current customers of mine won't be able to use an escrow speaking of how they deal with me.

Scammers, paying only the first half and forgive after they receive the product, people that remain without money and pay afterwards or people that always want more. It just can't work.

I am not going to send at this moment any kind of cent to this dude until he will forget about his own arrogance and join me on discord.

Only the fact that he refuses makes me feel that he was lying about him being scammed by me on or the username i used to have for a week

On discord I will ask him certain details that can be made public afterwards but with those I can be sure if he is lying or not.
mosprognoz

Activity: 868
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:56:37 PM

My kind of deals can't be escrowed so easily. It just can't.

This is a complete bullshit and another confirmation, that you are a scammer.
Developerx11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 08:49:25 AM

My kind of deals can't be escrowed so easily. It just can't.

This is a complete bullshit and another confirmation, that you are a scammer.

if you say so..
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:45:42 PM

@OP: If you're gonna start a thread like this, please send me a message so I could reply on time. Anyway,

but I can't stay in a community where someone like Patatas has so much power.
Well, you can leave? But your scammer ass won't.

The feedback of Patatas is destroying my profile and I can't just let it go, I have sent not even a PM to him by now but I can't accept to let it go.
Why do you care? Your main source of business is discord so might as well just be there? From your threads, all I could make out was that you are a scammer who can't code for shit.

What's so complicated about it? He takes the payment upfront, doesn't work and when asked for refunds he threatens clients to speak to him only on discord or he won't pay back. The last case, he literally did that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: