Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best new way to pay with Bitcoin  (Read 531 times)
plvbob0070
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 402

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:57:17 AM

I'm very excited for the new Samsung S10!! Looks like Bitcoin is at the top. Anyone else waiting to get their hands on this?

"The app appears to support ether (ETH) and bitcoin (BTC) by default, as there are logos for the two displayed in the Blockchain Keystore introduction image. Further, there is a cryptocurrency/token “add” button, so users will presumably be able to use other cryptocurrencies and ethereum-based ERC-20 tokens via the wallet."

https://www.coindesk.com/hands-on-preview-of-samsungs-galaxy-s10-phone-reveals-new-crypto-details
It's a great thing that a large company is starting to adapt it. If this one becomes a hit, other company might as well try this innovation and add this kind of feature. This could also lead to curiosity and more people would try to get to know more about bitcoin.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:25:30 AM

So it become reality now, though I never doubted that news as such but feels good that these phone are launched. Just curious in which countries these phone will be sold.
PS: Do not put a large amount in these wallets, let see first , how secure these wallets are.

just so you know  , this is not the first featured phone with built in crypto wallet because there is already a smartphone before ( from an unknown brand ) that has also a hardware wallet in it  .  i forgot the name of the smartphone  but you can use google to find it  , if ever you arent busy in your life .  anyway , this samsung slash crypto wallet is better than the phone that i mentioned above since it is manufactured by a popular and trusted brand  . im pretty sure that this can greatly influence people to start using cryptocurrencies . nice move  ,
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:54:59 AM

So it become reality now, though I never doubted that news as such but feels good that these phone are launched. Just curious in which countries these phone will be sold.
PS: Do not put a large amount in these wallets, let see first , how secure these wallets are.
It is, of course, very interesting to have in your mobile phone a built-in application with a wallet, in which both Bitcoin and ERC-20 tokens will be together. Always dreamed about it. However, in any case, there is not too much to put coins in this wallet, since such mobile phones will be objects of heightened attention for thieves. I do not think that their owners will keep passwords separately and enter them manually, and the encoding of such information in the phones is too simple.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:09:44 AM

Well known company implement crypto as their transaction, of course it will boost crypto popularity for sure.
For example with current situation where the most crypto is on green zone or I can said the bounce momentum, Samsung promotion also help and support crypto !

Smiley
ringgo96

Activity: 1568
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 05:25:22 AM

Well known company implement crypto as their transaction, of course it will boost crypto popularity for sure.
For example with current situation where the most crypto is on green zone or I can said the bounce momentum, Samsung promotion also help and support crypto !
This kind of thing is indeed good enough to be able to improve from the introduction and also the appeal of the public about cryptocurrency. that now cryptocurrency is not as bad as what they see in the news

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
lobster88

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:42:42 AM

If I were given a chance to have a smartphone, then the Samsung S10 is what I will wish for. I want to experience how to pay with Bitcoin in that smartphone which will bring a new different level of payment method.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:01:50 AM

It sounds interesting. But I won't spend more than USD 1000 to buy that phone because what is different from the low and mid-entry android phone? With the budget $500, I can buy a cheap price android, and I can install android phone wallet to save bitcoin and ethereum. It's the same function with Samsung S10 with let say Oppo F9 or the other android phone Grin

But I am curious about this Huh:

the private keys stored in the S10’s Keystore are backed up in a personal account provided by Samsung

Where they make a back up for the keystore? Is it in the cloud? Or in the Samsung database? I still prefer to save my private keys by myself since it's hard to believe the third party can guarantee a safe place for us.

But all in all, yes, the process adoption continues, and this time, Samsung made a big step by releasing Samsung S10 and will start shipping on March 8. I think the other company will do the same.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
naufals4

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 06:14:58 AM

I'm very excited for the new Samsung S10!! Looks like Bitcoin is at the top. Anyone else waiting to get their hands on this?

"The app appears to support ether (ETH) and bitcoin (BTC) by default, as there are logos for the two displayed in the Blockchain Keystore introduction image. Further, there is a cryptocurrency/token “add” button, so users will presumably be able to use other cryptocurrencies and ethereum-based ERC-20 tokens via the wallet."

https://www.coindesk.com/hands-on-preview-of-samsungs-galaxy-s10-phone-reveals-new-crypto-details
yeah i think it's such a good idea. i already read that article. now with samsung galaxy S10 we can save cryptocurrency especially bitcoin and Ethereum, besides that also with the  cryptocurrency wallet on samsung galaxy S10 we can transfer it easily.

Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:15:25 AM

Maybe even I have some good amount of spare money, I still don't buy that, pretty sure its competitors will soon release new models, same specs but much more affordable price and the fact that it will depreciate fast. Forget it I'll just buy bitcoin instead.

How about the other two lower types of S10+ (S10 and S10e)? I cant afford to buy the highest type S10+, if the S10 also bring the same feature in case of  the crypto wallet then I think it is the most affordable price.
I read that S10e have a release price of $750 andt will be first launch on South Korea on 3rd week of March, not sure of the exact date tho.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 12:32:25 PM

So what difference does it make from the other smartphones with wallets installed. I have Mycelium wallet which is open source installed in my smartphone and it works like a charm without any hassles.
Samsung phone coming with pre-installed wallet is no better than this. Besides that there might be bugs in the wallet as we don't know how it works yet.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 12:38:24 PM

I wonder wether or not this is the main reason behind the current bitcoin price increase.After all,Samsung is a huge corporation and one of the biggest brand in the world.Bitcoin will gain massive worldwide recognition for sure.I'm gonna buy one Smasung S10 too. Grin

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 01:20:42 PM

This integration of crypto in a phone of a large company surely helps. People will be aware that this kind of technology exists.
On the other hand, I'm thinking because there are android apps already that we can be use to pay anything using crypto. How will this new feature of Samsung phone different from other app since they are both used to pay things.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:03:34 PM

i love samsung products, but it overprice to me, my last samsung android is samsung galaxy s4 and after they release s8, s9, and s10 i dont want to buy samsung anymore because its overprice. but since they release s10 with blockchain apps, i am curious about, it and i will to try it, maybe next time, when my project is done i can buy samsung galaxy s10 to try it

MonaLeeTracy

Activity: 1092
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:56:11 PM

actually I think that, what's the difference between a Samsung S10 smartphone and another cellphone. the problem is I think it's all the same, especially now all smartphones can be used to search for btc.
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 04:11:11 PM

It’s good for this kind of new development especially for bitcoin and cryptocurrency generally . Now we should experience more of this . Although it’s a big marketing for Samsung because the crypto community is going to dive in and also it’s a big marketing for bitcoin and altcoins as it will experience many publicity with this so it’s really a win-win situation for both Samsung and cryptocurrencies in general.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
KennyR

Activity: 2296
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 04:18:54 PM

This integration of crypto in a phone of a large company surely helps. People will be aware that this kind of technology exists.
On the other hand, I'm thinking because there are android apps already that we can be use to pay anything using crypto. How will this new feature of Samsung phone different from other app since they are both used to pay things.
Integrated usage within a popular brands product is truly a way to get more support to the cryptocurrency usage. Though we've got more apps available with the market for transaction needs, the usage through an integrated platform will let more users know about bitcoin and its need to the financial ecosystem.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
geminiboy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 04:54:04 PM

i love samsung products, but it overprice to me, my last samsung android is samsung galaxy s4 and after they release s8, s9, and s10 i dont want to buy samsung anymore because its overprice. but since they release s10 with blockchain apps, i am curious about, it and i will to try it, maybe next time, when my project is done i can buy samsung galaxy s10 to try it
Your hope might be in vain to buy Samsung S10 by relying on your project payments, you better not think about it because the project pay now is not enough to buy it

PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 05:08:57 PM

I saw the annoucement and I'm very happy to hear that it is true. I am going to buy the S10+ in a few months, and I am looking forward to seeing the wallet. I'm very happy because Samsung is supporting the cryptocurrency community. I hope more phone manufacturers will follow Samsung and support Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 06:16:00 PM

Happy to see a big company company like Samsung supporting cryptocurrency maybe this wouldn't help the market value go up a a bit. Apple's iPhone might be the next to have such wallets and maybe slowly many other brands would start doing the same.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1256

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 09:24:08 PM

-SNIP-  However I wouldn't bank largely at this to cause some hype for bitcoin and crypto, as the hype is still somewhat centered on the device itself. Also, most premium smartphone users won't even care with what's in their phone at all, as long as it's the latest and works.

I have seen the Samsing advert for the new S10 on T.V and they dont mention
this feature. While it might be a big thing for us and for buyers of the phone
who own crypto it wont mean much to the generalbpublic but hopefully the
feature will entice new people to enter crypto.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████