Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:44:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Statement][Warning] Do not send any fund without sign message from btc address.  (Read 275 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 07:40:42 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2019, 08:11:15 AM by Coolcryptovator
Merited by mikeywith (1)

It's around on my mind after read this post against DT member. There was a claim about bribe, but really that was totally fake accusation. I will not surprise if someone post same accusation against me or others DT members somedays.

So my statement is, "do not send any fund to me without verify sing message from my staked BTC address". If some one contact you on social media and ask you to send found to my public address like I used for stake, signature and loan etc, then ask him to sing message from my staked address. If someone are not able to do it, that means you are dealing with wrong person. Even don't send fund if I PM you from this account also. So you should ask sign message first before send any fund to my any address. Otherwise your all claim will be invalid.

It's just not my statement everyone should follow it before send any fund to other user like escrow, lender or DT members. Social media could be create fake or conversation could be edit and account could be hacked. So obviously everyone should verify sign message from staked address.

Especially if any DT member ask you for bribe then ask him to sign message from his stake address. Otherwise your accusation will be invalid even you sent fund.

Main point is, who know may be someone is trying to pierce DT members. Or someone trying to scam you with fake ID.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 12:48:56 PM

So my statement is, "do not send any fund to me without verify sing message from my staked BTC address".

while i totally agree with everything you said , i find the quoted part a bit extreme, i mean whatever address i staked there is not something i use for everyday's business. and i think many members can relate. personally ,signing a message from the address i staked requires some efforts and time that is not worth it for say selling an item for 50$ , if the buyer asks me to sign a message using that address for such a trade i would probably cut the deal.

an alternative approach for those regular traders is to sing a message using their staked address that proves their ownership of another everyday's use address.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 01:10:34 PM

signing a message from the address i staked requires some efforts and time that is not worth it for say selling an item for 50$ , if the buyer asks me to sign a message using that address for such a trade i would probably cut the deal.
You don't need sign message everytime if you are a seller. You can simply sign a single message on your selling thread and mention it to use this address for any transaction. So you don't need to sign for every buyer.

I know you got my point why I have made this post. Perhaps someone else will blame other DT members for bribe. That's why if anyone knock personally for pay something in order to remove feedback then they should ask verified sign message.

I have made multiple deal with Darkstar_ and he had sign a message only first time. I have not asked sign message for next time because we used same address for repay. Same also about my address, I had sign single message and same address used onward. That's different case.
If change address then obviously I have to ask sign message.

However this is a statement from my side, so any claim without sign message will be denied.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 09:34:31 PM

ya this make sense now, i thought you mean that you should sign a message for every transaction. but whatever the way you mentioned that darkstar uses is both secured and simple.

thanks for the efforts, and i do hope we don't see any more of these bribe claims anymore.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 05:25:32 AM

So you should ask sign message first before send any fund to my any address. Otherwise your all claim will be invalid.
Lets be realistic, if someone is going to try to ask for a bribe or extort someone, they are not going to want to provide irrefutable evidence they are the one asking for the bribe and/or trying to extort you. They would rather provide circumstantial evidence that shows you that you are talking to who they claim to be.

Similarly, trading with someone who does not ask for a signed message is not a license to scam the person.

I agree it is a best practice to always get a signed message prior to sending money, and to always work out all the little details before finalizing an agreement to trade. There are many imposters on various social media and communications platforms who will try to steal your money.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 08:36:20 PM

It's around on my mind after read this post against DT member. There was a claim about bribe, but really that was totally fake accusation. I will not surprise if someone post same accusation against me or others DT members somedays.
Why is it only about DT members? One shouldn't send funds to anyone without checking their identities using the sign messages. Not like the DT members are super exclusive considering a truckload of cunts being pushed there.

It's just not my statement everyone should follow it before send any fund to other user like escrow, lender or DT members. Social media could be create fake or conversation could be edit and account could be hacked. So obviously everyone should verify sign message from staked address.
Nah, they should verify that they're sending funds to the right user regardless of their forum status.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2019, 04:14:07 AM

Why is it only about DT members? One shouldn't send funds to anyone without checking their identities using the sign messages. Not like the DT members are super exclusive considering a truckload of cunts being pushed there.

The background from this post is because somebody uses the address from one of the DT members to scam people if I get it correctly. So, I think Coolcryptovator doesn't mean that you should do this practice only for DT members, but if you interact with DT members or somebody claiming to be DT members, treat with extreme caution.

It can also affect DT members reputation because somebody might use their BTC address to scam other members or use it to blackmail them, just like what happened to me previously.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2019, 04:44:52 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

When the accounts are sold, they are sold with staked BTC address, and passwords are usually not changed. So signing a message will not protect you from the risk of being scammed.
Also, if the seller is well known and has a positive rating, s/he will have one address signed by him/her for all transactions.

The best solution is that you do not trust anyone and if you suspect any user "even DT members" it is better to deal with escrow sites Bitify.com & others.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2019, 05:01:35 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

The best solution is that you do not trust anyone and if you suspect any user "even DT members" it is better to deal with escrow sites Bitify.com & others.
Personally I don't trust third party regarding forum trade. I think forum escrow is better than third party escrow if you are going to deal on forum. I don't feel third party website is more secure from forum escrow. Many escrow here who have high transaction history. I think you didn't got my main point. I want avoid blackmail about bribe. So before make any accusation regarding bribe accuser should provide evidence with sign message.

Remember one thing, DT members isn't Escrow. All DT members trusted by default but it doesn't mean they are escrow also.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██