Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:27:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] PaperLedger - Open source custom made crypto price ticker with alarms  (Read 1389 times)
StackGambler

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

YouTuber, gambler, and scam-buster.

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 04:07:02 AM

This looks like a really solid product. It's something I've been wanting for a long time. I'd definitely like to get one! I have two questions.

1. Do you ship to Singapore?
2. I don't have the money right now, but I will get it soon. When I get the money, I will forward it to the BTC address you provide to me via PM. Can I send you 59+12 USD based on the preev.com conversion rate at the time, or must I confirm with you before I send the BTC? (I will probably be able to purchase this within a week or two.)

Thanks, and good luck with sales. This looks promising!

Hi StackGambler, thank you for your interest and feedback.

Q: Do you ship to Singapore?
A: Yes

Q: I don't have the money right now, but I will get it soon. When I get the money, I will forward it to the BTC address you provide to me via PM. Can I send you 59+12 USD based on the preev.com conversion rate at the time, or must I confirm with you before I send the BTC? (I will probably be able to purchase this within a week or two.)
A: The rate will be taken at the time of purchase and you can send the BTC without confirmatin. Although you can use preev.com I would prefer something like coinmarketcap since the rates are auditable.

Let me know if you would like me to send you an address, alternatively I will be available when your ready to purchase.

Thank you for the response. Kindly PM me an address, and I will send over the funds when I have them ready. Appreciate it!

I like gambling. Probably currently trying to figure out how to pay next month's rent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5930

Meh.

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 01:42:07 PM

Got my PaperLedger today and have to say I'm impressed.

Firstly, the welcome message with my username is an awesome touch, thank you for that one guys!

Pros:
Easy to setup (Literally 60s).
Lightweight unit.
Connects to wi-fi without issues.
Dashboard is GREAT!
Screen quality is absolutely gorgeous. Very clear both when it's dark and if the sun is shining right on it, so that's a big pro.
Seemingly an endless supply of coins that can be added as tickers.

Cons:
Some issues with the guide, I had to disconnect/connect power once I had connected to my wi-fi although guide said it would reboot automatically. But that's just some print that can be edited (and it's a non-issue).
The buttons on the top are bit wonky, they work great but can be slow (having to wait 1-2s before being able to move the arrow again for example). This could probably be better optimized but again, not a big con.
Adding tickers was a bit confusing. When I wanted to add BTC it gave me like 100 hits with coins that I don't even think exist, it would be great if it could default to the big coins when you do search (and perhaps even if you don't search it could show you the top 10 or whatever). There was no guide on how you add tickers but through the dashboard it is very straightforward and no explanation was needed.

After having used plenty of tickers through the years I'll rate this 8/10 with room for improvement. The overall quality and how easy it is to setup and get it going really pushes that rating up there.

Considering you're tinkering with having it run on battery I'd say it'll be a homerun, especially with the pricetag you currently have on it.

Keep up the good work guys, I'll def. buy some of these and if you'll introduce skins as well that will only enhance it all and make me more prone to buying and give away to friends/family.

PaperLedger (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 26
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 01:57:35 PM

Got my PaperLedger today and have to say I'm impressed.

Firstly, the welcome message with my username is an awesome touch, thank you for that one guys!

Pros:
Easy to setup (Literally 60s).
Lightweight unit.
Connects to wi-fi without issues.
Dashboard is GREAT!
Screen quality is absolutely gorgeous. Very clear both when it's dark and if the sun is shining right on it, so that's a big pro.
Seemingly an endless supply of coins that can be added as tickers.

Cons:
Some issues with the guide, I had to disconnect/connect power once I had connected to my wi-fi although guide said it would reboot automatically. But that's just some print that can be edited (and it's a non-issue).
The buttons on the top are bit wonky, they work great but can be slow (having to wait 1-2s before being able to move the arrow again for example). This could probably be better optimized but again, not a big con.
Adding tickers was a bit confusing. When I wanted to add BTC it gave me like 100 hits with coins that I don't even think exist, it would be great if it could default to the big coins when you do search (and perhaps even if you don't search it could show you the top 10 or whatever). There was no guide on how you add tickers but through the dashboard it is very straightforward and no explanation was needed.

After having used plenty of tickers through the years I'll rate this 8/10 with room for improvement. The overall quality and how easy it is to setup and get it going really pushes that rating up there.

Considering you're tinkering with having it run on battery I'd say it'll be a homerun, especially with the pricetag you currently have on it.

Keep up the good work guys, I'll def. buy some of these and if you'll introduce skins as well that will only enhance it all and make me more prone to buying and give away to friends/family.

Hi Hhampuz,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback.

I will address the cons as soon as possible and work towards a 10/10.

Again, thank you very much.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 02:07:12 PM

Hi Hhampuz,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback.

I will address the cons as soon as possible and work towards a 10/10.

Again, thank you very much.

Keep up the good work and you'll get there in no time. I'm very hopeful about any updates/improvements you'll make, this thing is really great and I've had a bunch of different tickets that are either very big or have very strange software. Love your dashboard, you'll be able to build upon that a lot I reckon.

Thanks again Smiley

StackGambler

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 11:39:31 PM

I've paid for a unit. I'll let you guys know when it comes in. This does indeed look promising: I've been looking for an ePaper price tracker for quite a while. The price is pretty good, too!

I like gambling. Probably currently trying to figure out how to pay next month's rent.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 04:10:31 AM

I've paid for a unit. I'll let you guys know when it comes in. This does indeed look promising: I've been looking for an ePaper price tracker for quite a while. The price is pretty good, too!

It's a great unit and for it's price you get more than you probably deserve. Enjoy it! Cheesy

DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6269

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 04:21:11 PM

Got mine in yesterday.
Would have been here sooner but someone (let call them PooperLedger) put the wrong zip code on the international pack so it took a trip around Texas before coming to New York
[Bryan TX = 77803 Plainview NY = 11803]

Love it and it's working great.

Question #1, can I turn off the green light?
Question #2, can you add GBYTE to the choice of coins.
Question #3, since you are 3d printing the case can you post the STL files so we can print different ones?

Thanks,
Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PaperLedger (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 03:46:53 AM

Got mine in yesterday.
Would have been here sooner but someone (let call them PooperLedger) put the wrong zip code on the international pack so it took a trip around Texas before coming to New York
[Bryan TX = 77803 Plainview NY = 11803]

Love it and it's working great.

Question #1, can I turn off the green light?
Question #2, can you add GBYTE to the choice of coins.
Question #3, since you are 3d printing the case can you post the STL files so we can print different ones?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry for that, my handwriting is not the best.

Q: can I turn off the green light?
A: Don't believe you can, the LED seems to be hardwired to the power line and I've tried to turn all the available pins off and it does not change the state of the power LED.

Q: can you add GBYTE to the choice of coins.
A: Is GBYTE called OBYTE? (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/obyte/). If so, OBYTE is in the list of available coins, by searching for it in the coin input box it will show up.

Q: since you are 3d printing the case can you post the STL files so we can print different ones?
A: Yes, I have decided to fully open source PaperLedger. You can get the frontend, firmware and hardware at https://github.com/AIFanatic/PaperLedger
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 01:23:25 PM

Q: can I turn off the green light?
A: Don't believe you can, the LED seems to be hardwired to the power line and I've tried to turn all the available pins off and it does not change the state of the power LED.

Bummer. Sitting in a dark room it's annoying. Will have to take it apart to see what I can do.

Q: can you add GBYTE to the choice of coins.
A: Is GBYTE called OBYTE? (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/obyte/). If so, OBYTE is in the list of available coins, by searching for it in the coin input box it will show up.
Yes it is, I did not see it the 1st time around. It's there now. Strange.

Q: since you are 3d printing the case can you post the STL files so we can print different ones?
A: Yes, I have decided to fully open source PaperLedger. You can get the frontend, firmware and hardware at https://github.com/AIFanatic/PaperLedger

Excellent.  Grin Grin Grin

Thanks,
Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2019, 01:50:13 PM

Pop off back. 1 Small piece of black electrical tape and poof no more green light shining through the case.
-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gr3y

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 10:15:12 PM

Any update on battery version?

You said you open sourced it but I can't find a hardware list?  I have a 3D printer and would love to build this from scratch with my son!  Awesome work!!
PaperLedger (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 01:43:34 AM

You said you open sourced it but I can't find a hardware list?  I have a 3D printer and would love to build this from scratch with my son!  Awesome work!!

Hi gr3y,

I'm still waiting on the batteries to arrive.

I still have to publish the BOM list of the project but essentially the device consists of a TTGO ePaper ESP32 2.9' v2.2 and a micro usb breakout board.

Will update the GitHub page maybe on the weekend with some assembly guide to.
PaperLedger (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 12:12:22 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2019, 12:38:52 PM by PaperLedger

You said you open sourced it but I can't find a hardware list?  I have a 3D printer and would love to build this from scratch with my son!  Awesome work!!

I have added the list of materials required to build a device.
It can be found here

The assembly guide will come shortly.

If you do build one please post a screenshot.

Happy building!
stanlee2018

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 04:00:44 AM

I am not offending, but I do not understand, why I should use this? I can just download an app on my phone to help me to monitor and alerts me.
PaperLedger (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 05:04:26 AM

I am not offending, but I do not understand, why I should use this? I can just download an app on my phone to help me to monitor and alerts me.

Hi stanlee2018,

Not offensive at all, all feedback is good feedback.

This product is more like a gimmick/niche product for crypto enthusiast that are looking for something different/unique.

Similar to wearing a watch or having a custom crypto painting for example.

Also keep in mind that a full fledged wallet is planned to be incorporated when time allows, this would bring some more usable functionality to the product.
stanlee2018

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 12:14:30 PM

Hi stanlee2018,

Not offensive at all, all feedback is good feedback.

This product is more like a gimmick/niche product for crypto enthusiast that are looking for something different/unique.

Similar to wearing a watch or having a custom crypto painting for example.

Also keep in mind that a full fledged wallet is planned to be incorporated when time allows, this would bring some more usable functionality to the product.

Haha. That makes sense. Will follow the topic and wait for the wallet.
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 01:20:22 PM

Can you add to the display last time updated? Mine was going thought the cycle showing yesterdays prices for some reason.
Gave it a reboot and all is good again.

Thanks,
Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PaperLedger (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 11:20:35 AM

Can you add to the display last time updated? Mine was going thought the cycle showing yesterdays prices for some reason.
Gave it a reboot and all is good again.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi DaveF,

Do you have an idea on where the last update time could be placed?
It was in my plans to have the time and the data is already being stored but I could not find a place to put it that fits and is clearly visible.

The device has certain API's that can be accessed through wifi and you can draw any text into the display using the following format:

Code:
POST /display/draw HTTP/1.1
Host: paperledger.local
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
[
  {
    "type": "fill",
    "color": 1
  },
  {
    "type": "text",
    "x": 0,
    "y": 35,
    "text": "Bitcoin",
    "size": 18,
    "align": 3,
    "color": 0
  },
  {
    "y": 80,
    "text": "3900 USD",
    "size": 18,
  },
  {
    "y": 115,
    "text": "24h: 0.5 | Vol: $4.5 B",
    "size": 9,
  }
]

Example using cUrl:
Code:
curl -X POST \
  http://paperledger.local/display/draw \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \
  --data '[{"type":"fill","color":1},{"type":"text","x":0,"y":35,"text":"Bitcoin","size":18,"align":3,"color":0},{"type":"text","x":0,"y":80,"text":"3900 USD","size":18,"align":3,"color":0},{"type":"text","x":0,"y":115,"text":"24h: 0.5 | Vol: $4.5 B","size":9,"align":3,"color":0}]'

Note: You may have to replace paperledger.local with the device ip which can be found in Setup->Status->Network IP
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 12:20:29 PM

I'll play with it and see.
Had another idea of adding it to the rotation of coins. Screen would go BTC--> LTC --> ETH --> Last Update Time --> BTC and so on.

Will try some other ideas also too so if they work.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
StackGambler

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:53:35 AM

I received my PaperLedger today. Very happy with my name on the e-ink display; wonderful touch! I haven't gotten the chance to set it up yet, but it looks very promising. Thanks for a swift delivery and a smooth deal!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: