Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:31:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need someone to help me recover my BTC - I have the wallet.dat  (Read 193 times)
AlexBuckland (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 10:50:55 AM

I have a BTC wallet with 0.148 BTC. I need someone to help me recover them. Is anyone available to do this for me now?

I have the wallet.dat and the keys but I can't get it to import to my Electrum. I'm positive it was Electrum I used. (This was a very long time a go)

Please let me know if you can help me. Will pay anyone who helps me recover.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 10:55:55 AM
Merited by bones261 (1)

Well, there are mainly 2 types of help you can get here:

• paying help: in this case, make sure you pick a helper you can trust... It's not wise to send somebody a wallet.dat, but if you really can't figure this one out yourself, sometimes it's the only way
  • free help: in this case you'll get some pointers from other members, but you'll have to recover the wallet yourself

Now, let's get things started: did you copy the wallet.dat onto at least 2 external devices (usbsticks for example?). You'll need a backup in case things go wrong!

Next step would be to identify the problem: Did you forget your password, are you 100% sure it's an electrum wallet, do you remember the version or the timeframe? Which error messages do you get? which steps did you already try?

The thing is, for as long as i can remember (not so long, i have a bad memory), electrum's default wallet was called default_wallet, wallet.dat is usually associated to bitcoin core... Now, it's possible older electrum versions did use wallet.dat as default wallet filename, or it's possible you have renamed the default wallet... But i just wonder if you're really 100% sure you're using the correct wallet here?

If the problem is using the wrong wallet, you can either install bitcoin core and see if core opens your wallet.dat, or you can use pyrecover... If the problem is a forgotten password, try out https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AlexBuckland (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 11:02:09 AM

I remember the password and I have the key sentence thingy I just can't seem to get it to import.

I'm looking for paid help and someone that is experienced with importing wallets. I don't mind sending the wallet.dat as long as they don't run off with my BTC.  Sad
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 11:03:15 AM

I remember the password and I have the key sentence thingy I just can't seem to get it to import.

I'm looking for paid help and someone that is experienced with importing wallets. I don't mind sending the wallet.dat as long as they don't run off with my BTC.  Sad

With "key sentence thingy", do you by any chance mean the seed phrase? How many words?
If it's a valid seed phrase, you no longer need to worry about opening a wallet.dat, you can just open electrum and restore your wallet from the seed phrase... You'll only lose some metadata (like labels you added to addresses/transactions)

As for your second question: if you're looking for payed help, look for somebody with green trust (green numbers under their name, or if they're not visible: click on their username and look for the trust paragraph in their profile page), look at their trustpage and only after that, decide wither or not you want to send a walletfile containing the private keys to spend over $500... I've seen people getting scammed over a much smaller amount!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AlexBuckland (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 11:08:10 AM

I've tried what you said but it still won't work Sad maybe I'm typing it wrong. But yeah I'm not sure if it's electrum. There's 13 words.

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 11:14:28 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2019, 11:37:58 AM by mocacinno

I've tried what you said but it still won't work Sad maybe I'm typing it wrong. But yeah I'm not sure if it's electrum. There's 13 words.

13 words sounds like a valid seed phrase including an extention word... You can always look at this wordlist: https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/blob/master/electrum/wordlist/english.txt and see if the words are spelled correctly

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 11:47:29 AM
Merited by Abdussamad (2), pooya87 (2)

At this moment, there are 2 options:

Option A: You are legit and just posted your wallet file, seed phrase and password on a PUBLIC forum... If you don't take it down immediately you'll get robbed in a heartbeat (if it's not already to late)

Option B: you are trying to get people to download an infected file so you can rob them yourself

I like neither of these options tough... If you're legit, take the link down immediately, search a trusted member and PM him/her the seed phrase (not in a rar or a zip), you can use pgp encryption if you don't want to PM sensitive data (but since you were perfectly happy posting said data on a public forum... does it even matter anymore?)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AlexBuckland (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 11:59:08 AM

I thought I sent you a PM wtf?
fronti
Legendary

Activity: 2909
Merit: 1307

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 11:59:36 AM
Merited by Abdussamad (2), pooya87 (2), HCP (2), RapTarX (1)

I've tried everything. I don't think I'll be able to recover them for some reason maybe because it's an outdated wallet or something. https://

Uploaded what I have including the wallet.dat, passphrase and sentence. Please let me know if you recover them and share some back with me. I know I won't get all of them back.

for all.
WARNING

do not download this file.
as there are recent discovered bugs in winrar
CVE-2018-20250 and floowing!

So be really careful if downloading rar files.

If you like to give me a tip:  bc1q8ht32j5hj42us5qfptvu08ug9zeqgvxuhwznzk

"Bankraub ist eine Unternehmung von Dilettanten. Wahre Profis gründen eine Bank." Bertolt Brecht
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: