Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:17:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin could be used to pay for Bills,load and for travel in the Philippines  (Read 18505 times)
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:30:11 AM

We can use bitcoin to pay bills, load and for travel in the Philippines but we are using a third party program. We can't really use bitcoin to pay in an embassy, or a loading center or even in some bills center directly. Although on that third party program you can pay your bills, have load, and travel without any hassle. In op, it's like its hyping everybody on how bitcoin works in the Philippines but no. In my country, there are lesser stores that accept bitcoin as payment. And for the record, if you heard GCASH, that is the used wallet in my country.
several shops and shopping centers on the island of Bali, Indonesia. also can accept bitcoin as a payment tool even though our country has made regulations about it, but not all financial activities we can do with bitcoin, here, we use bitcoin with limits.
In the Philippines, there are no shops or shopping centers that accept Bitcoin as a medium of payment for goods or services but it is surprising to know that Indonesia has that just like what you have said despite the strict laws in that country.

Most of the countries around the world has got such a limited access to bitcoin usage. Philippines being one of the country with the increased number of bitcoin users giving access to such a large number of usage with direct bitcoin acceptance is really good. Though it is a small country they are highly adoptive to technology. Following this can expect more countries to adopt bitcoin.
The Philippines also has limited access to Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies because you cannot use your Bitcoin to any shops or cafes in the Philippines and it is only useful when using a third party application who trades Bitcoin for Philippine money and without this third-party application you can't trade your Bitcoin or use it to pay bills in the country. I don't think that you can call it "real adoption' because real adoption should happen when there are actual shops or anything the offers goods or services and accepts Bitcoin without the use of a third-party trading system.

And to add up, Coins.ph is not really a crypto wallet because if you use it you don't own private keys and the company has the total control of your funds it is a third-party trading platform that trades Bitcoin to fiat or vice versa. Cool
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:14:47 AM

Here in the Philippines we could use our local wallet called coins.ph to buy load pay for our electric,water and credit card bills and even book for travel.

We are lucky have coins.ph but I dont like high conversion fee when you convert ETC or BTC to peso and high transaction fee when you transfer ETH or BTC to other wallet. But others is amazing you can buy load with discount, pay bills, games and you can also pay ticket for travel.

UniversalSwaps

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:39:47 AM

I could be wise idea to use blockchain based payments for government services in corrupted countries.
markstivn98

Activity: 154
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:46:03 AM

Here in the Philippines we could use our local wallet called coins.ph to buy load pay for our electric,water and credit card bills and even book for travel.

That's a really good thing. I'm glad they recognize the encrypted currency, but I do not want to spend my bitcoin to pay electricity bills or even buy anything, better keep it to make more profits.
DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 12:02:31 PM

It is a good sign that the Philippine government is starting to adapt crypto currencies even thought they haven't legalize it.
Paying some bills using crypto currency is very interesting as it will help our daily activities more faster.

Thought bitcoin or any currencies still has a long way of acceptance especially if the government will not legalize it yet. Let's just hope that in the near future, Philippines will be the additional country to legalize bitcoin and other useful currencies.

Well they keep trying to legalize them: https://news.bitcoin.com/philippines-announces-new-cryptoccurency-regulations/

It's just a matter of time when we will finally see Philippine using Cryptocurrencies for their own payments such as to pay Bills or any related transactions inside their economy.

Nothing to see here
odeskpawan

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 12:08:40 PM

It is great that Bitcoin can be used to pay bills and travel in the Phillipines. But how do you pay bills by using Bitcoin?

Read here-https://medium.com/@odeskpawan1/how-to-pay-bills-with-bitcoin-dd5975ef7e1e
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 01:32:44 PM

We can use bitcoin to pay bills, load and for travel in the Philippines but we are using a third party program. We can't really use bitcoin to pay in an embassy, or a loading center or even in some bills center directly. Although on that third party program you can pay your bills, have load, and travel without any hassle. In op, it's like its hyping everybody on how bitcoin works in the Philippines but no. In my country, there are lesser stores that accept bitcoin as payment. And for the record, if you heard GCASH, that is the used wallet in my country.
several shops and shopping centers on the island of Bali, Indonesia. also can accept bitcoin as a payment tool even though our country has made regulations about it, but not all financial activities we can do with bitcoin, here, we use bitcoin with limits.

As far as I know Indonesia banned it not from its trading but only for buying and selling activities because they can't be tracked when they accept this, that is why they make a regulation on it. May be it is exception for Bali because it is tourist place, so every payment will be included there plus as I heard there is the main source bitcoin started

Anyway I just dont believe it that Philiphines going to accept this when they have a very strict rules on their countries. But if they going to accept it then I believe others South East Asia countries will soon accept it as one of the payment
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 02:29:44 PM

It is a good sign that the Philippine government is starting to adapt crypto currencies even thought they haven't legalize it.
Paying some bills using crypto currency is very interesting as it will help our daily activities more faster.

Thought bitcoin or any currencies still has a long way of acceptance especially if the government will not legalize it yet. Let's just hope that in the near future, Philippines will be the additional country to legalize bitcoin and other useful currencies.

Well they keep trying to legalize them: https://news.bitcoin.com/philippines-announces-new-cryptoccurency-regulations/

It's just a matter of time when we will finally see Philippine using Cryptocurrencies for their own payments such as to pay Bills or any related transactions inside their economy.
- The use of bitcoin and crypto as a payment method is really becoming popularity and spreading more widely, a very good signal for the future of bitcoin and crypto but even if the government legalizes crypto and bitcoin, users are ready to use it as a payment method or they still prefer to use it for investment. I think the answer is probably that users prefer to use it as an investment when the profit and value of bitcoin and crypto always have strong fluctuations, taking advantage of this opportunity to make our money generate more money, it will be better for other services

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 03:49:13 PM

Here in the Philippines coins.ph became useful for the bitcoin fanatic, and no doubt that it is really and very convenient to use too every time I pay bills on my electricity, and water bill, and sometimes I transferred money from coins.ph going to my bank account, and most often was sending load to any of my friends and relatives nationwide. So grateful that Philippines was so opened on this thing which is Bitcoin.
yousufatik.bd

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 06:55:38 AM

Well, this is a great news for the Philippines people, I'm really excited about this and how amused they are definitely using this technology. The popularity of Bitcoin is rapidly gaining, the Filipino government is progressing with the development of advanced technologies, and it is much better to use BTC in a unique way.
xvids (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:44:36 AM

that's amazing, is coins.ph the local exchange in Philippines?
Well it is our local crypto wallet it also have an exchange platform for traders who use Coins so they could buy or sell their crypto for the price that they want.

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 01:04:37 PM

But I wouldn't use Bitcoin to pay for anything that fiat can pay with unless it's very necessary, if I were you. Bitcoin is a provably scarce resource, don't waste it. HODL. Cool
For me its just the same thing bro,later on you would be withdrawing your bitcoins to fiat to pay for bills if you are only base on bitcoin earnings,and it makes paying more convinient by you not going to stand a long line on paying
Does it mean that you only gain living from bitcoin?man you’re amazing lol now i know why you need to spend your precious bitcoin just to pay bills

But i will never do that unless i am out of fiat things that will happen only once in a blue moon lol 😂

For sure wen bitcoin reached another $20,000 value then regret will kill you for spending the bitcoin that supposed to be bring you to be a millionaire
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 01:08:04 PM

I have been doing that since I am receiving btc as reward from signaturw campaign. Then as usual when load almost expires I will open the coins.ph app and buy load directly from btc wallet. BTC wallet was already somehow integrated with payments though bitcoin payments are irreversible but still its working fine and I still did not encounter any problems using it.
Patmille

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 01:14:20 PM

click bait, you miss understood your own topic, I haven't found any establishment here in the philippines that accept bitcoin as a payment.  what you have is just an app that exchange your bitcoin to fiat then use that fiat to pay your bills. don't confuse your reader
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 01:22:22 PM

It is not still applicable directly to use bitcoin in any transactions such as paying bills and others, you have to go through coins.ph to exchange it  and through coins transferring it to your local philippine wallet then you can already use it in paying your bills.

Are you even reading the OP? it is already said there.

that's amazing, is coins.ph the local exchange in Philippines?

It is. There is still a lot of room for improvement and developments but for me it is great. With this exchange, some transactions are easy to do since we can send BTC without charges. We can pay bills without going outside, with these we can brag Bitcoin to my friends and obviously the exchange.

It's really great. But the question is how much profitable thing for you. Because bitcoin is such a precious cryto coin. You better to hold it. Who knows one day it will rise 100000$ per coin. Wink

It is your choice though. Do you want to spend it? That is fine, it is yours and you don't need someone telling you that you should save it or hold it. Unless you really need it, then why don't use it right? I know that it is better to hold but it is not that bad using the advantages of this payment method right? Who knows, it might be the reason of its popularity here in our country.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
xvids (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:21:16 PM

click bait, you miss understood your own topic, I haven't found any establishment here in the philippines that accept bitcoin as a payment.  what you have is just an app that exchange your bitcoin to fiat then use that fiat to pay your bills. don't confuse your reader
Yeah sure there isn't any establishment that accepts Bitcoin but it isn't a click bait.
And I think all of us here already knows that and I already stated that in my post if you are reading the previous replies and I even told it from the very beginning.
I stated that we could use our local wallet I didn't say that you would go to some place to pay up front with Bitcoin.
I think you are the one who miss understood it or just want to make a scene.

In case you missed that part.
And for the record we could use Bitcoin for paying loads.

949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:33:34 PM

But I wouldn't use Bitcoin to pay for anything that fiat can pay with unless it's very necessary, if I were you. Bitcoin is a provably scarce resource, don't waste it. HODL. Cool

hahahahahahahaha... You have spoken like a true investor.  About half the number of people in the Bitcoin Ecosystem are into hodling Bitcoin than using it as a mode or an option to pay for goods and services online. The current state of the crypto market is making all investors to hodl for a greater profit..

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:53:58 PM

It does cost that much because the system will automatically convert your bitcoin to your php wallet and that will make a transaction fee. The problem with is that the higher money will be transacted the higher also the transaction fee will be deducted to your wallet. So, it is not ideal to use bitcoin in paying bills and other ways that one could pay online. I prefer G cash wallet than coins.ph in paying online like load but G cash wallet has no available crypto in it.

Yes, that is correct. It's not ideal to convert your BTC to PHP using your coinsph wallet because exchange is to low. If need to have your BTC converted to fiat I suggest you trade them using coinsph trading platform Coins Exchange. You can have your BTC traded for PHP in a much higher value than directly converting it using your wallet. Trading fee is very minimal too.
xvids (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 09:10:41 PM

It does cost that much because the system will automatically convert your bitcoin to your php wallet and that will make a transaction fee. The problem with is that the higher money will be transacted the higher also the transaction fee will be deducted to your wallet. So, it is not ideal to use bitcoin in paying bills and other ways that one could pay online. I prefer G cash wallet than coins.ph in paying online like load but G cash wallet has no available crypto in it.

Yes, that is correct. It's not ideal to convert your BTC to PHP using your coinsph wallet because exchange is to low. If need to have your BTC converted to fiat I suggest you trade them using coinsph trading platform Coins Exchange. You can have your BTC traded for PHP in a much higher value than directly converting it using your wallet. Trading fee is very minimal too.

It is true it is more advisable to trade in their exchange since you are the one who would set up what price it woild be sold or bought.
They have a huge fee if you would use coins to trade your crypto.

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 09:12:28 PM

interesting , I am  sure I have heard some stories of the top Phili bitcoin wallet coin.ph
blocking users if they were to use any gambling site
wonder if it is still the case or is this going to change any time soon in the light of this news , clickbait or not , this is a step forward
if Philippines become more bitcoin friendly it will open opportunities  to potentially become yet another asian country to embrace cryptocurrencies alongside Korea and Japan
in any case, this is good for adoption and I hope it will go a long way in Philippines  

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀