Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Lee Explains Slow Litecoin Core Development and Why We Shouldn’t Worry  (Read 133 times)
Jating (OP)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 05:46:08 AM

Recently I saw one thread saying that Litecoin is dead because there's no update whatsoever. So here is an interesting article about that and perhaps we can see some answer about what's really going from behind.

Speculations are rife about the fate of Litecoin as the world’s fifth-largest cryptocurrency by market cap struggles to rope-in competent developers to take charge of protocol development. Two conflicting possibilities emerged over the weekend, including one that suggested Litecoin is as good as dead due to stagnant R&D and a lingering lack of transparency.

As the community huddled together to take stock of the situation, Charlie Lee turned to social media to assert that Litecoin was very much alive and kicking. The Litecoin creator brushed upon ongoing developments within the ecosystem in a series of tweets and assured worried community members that he is going to “get the ball rolling” soon.

Source.

So Charlie Lee himself has assured us not to worry because there are things that they are working and they are not going to abandoned the said project.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 08:33:05 AM

Where they are going to take money for further development? Who will pay for all this? How are they going to pay to developers? IMHO this is just speculation news.

It's open-source, so while some developers may get paid for their work, it also relies on the fact that devs volunteer their time.
This isn't some crappy ICO we're talking about, it's Litecoin.

If there's one person who I'd believe about the status of their project, it's definitely Charlie Lee.

No Pain No blood

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 09:15:04 AM

Where they are going to take money for further development? Who will pay for all this? How are they going to pay to developers? IMHO this is just speculation news.

It's open-source, so while some developers may get paid for their work, it also relies on the fact that devs volunteer their time.

If there's one person who I'd believe about the status of their project, it's definitely Charlie Lee.
yes you're right, from the beginning litecoin for ICO. even if they want to commit fraud they should have done it a long time ago. only because the development of litecoin is slow to make this project die slowly.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 11:03:15 AM

as far as calling it "dead" goes, people have been calling LTC dead for as long as i can remember. it is nothing new and nobody has ever called LTC dead because of development or lack thereof even if they pretend it to be their reason. they say it to manipulate its market!!!

but as actually being "dead" goes, i don't think we can call it dead but at the same time LTC doesn't really have anything new either. most of what they do is copy bitcoin! SegWit, LN, Coinjoin, Schnorr,... all are copied from bitcoin over to litecoin that is why many even consider LTC to be the bigger testnet for bitcoin.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 11:38:50 AM

It is possible that Charlie Lee is thus trying to justify the team’s not very active work. I agree that the team does not really work actively, but the project as a whole continues to develop and grow. Compared to most other projects, Litecoin looks like a strong and promising project, so I see no reason for panic.
Jating (OP)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 11:48:18 AM

Thank you very much, of course it is all speculation here but Litecoin has been in existence as long as we can remember. It also has a good case on my end, I'm sure everyone still remembers how the fees are very high during the height of bitcoin in 2017. And as a gambler, I uses Litecoin as an alternative token that time.

but as actually being "dead" goes, i don't think we can call it dead but at the same time LTC doesn't really have anything new either. most of what they do is copy bitcoin! SegWit, LN, Coinjoin, Schnorr,... all are copied from bitcoin over to litecoin that is why many even consider LTC to be the bigger testnet for bitcoin.
This is also one of Litecoin's strength, it is the guinea pig of bitcoin. So as long as bitcoin exists, Litecoin will still be there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: