Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is META not a SIG SPAM FREE ZONE? surely you want real Enthusiasts opinions?  (Read 688 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 10:50:26 AM

Local rules - anyone can post .. but opinions must be accompanied by a observable events and facts that substantiate your claims or else do NOT post.

Given the fact that meta is a board where real enthusiasts (who apparently care enough about the board to post feedback and advise for theymos and cyrus to review) are supposed to congregate to propose and discuss ideas for the improvement of this board, then why don't we make it a sig spam free zone.

This board meta sadly is the most sig intensive on the entire forum (or perhaps it just seems like that because everyone is a "legend" and their banners are all just huge unlike other sub boards).

Also I notice STRONGLY that these are not banners of interesting projects that they believe in at all. This is all gambling and other just "highly paid" campaigns that demonstrate the wearers just want to spam as much btc dust as they can.

This tells me these people are financially driven posters and quite willing to spam anything for their own selfish financial gain. Given this, then any advise/voting or suggesting from these types are likely to be "me first" board later considerations and motives.

You want people that are REAL enthusiasts for bitcoin and who would like to see an end to end decentralised trustless arena build from here. Those that put the emphasis on creating a board or environment best suited for that to develop over time. Not short sighted get rich first then abandon like I have noticed many have done.

So then let us encourage REAL enthusiasts, those that will willingly participate here in META without the need to be paid2post and will push suggestions and ideas that are not for selfish gain first and board 2nd (if at all).

Let us make meta into a Sig Spam Free Zone?

Who agrees with this.

So what if you have less posters here and only the real enthusiasts remain. If I was running a board I would rather hear the less diluted and shouted down views of those I knew had the best interests of the board at heart. Rather that  than having to sift though the selfish suggestions of a bunch of sig spammers pushing their huge banners in your face.

The exceptions could be mods I guess.

I mean if people stop posting here in meta then sadly they were just financially motivated I guess and not in on this journey for the long haul.

If you do not agree then state the logic and reason employed to reach the opinion you have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3037

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 11:20:18 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4), TMAN (2), LoyceV (1), nutildah (1)

I disagree. It is an observable fact that a significant proportion of the spam in Meta comes from you, and you're not being paid2post. Or are you? It would explain a lot if you were.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 11:36:43 AM

I'm not too bothered about the Meta board itself, but I think the whole issue of signature spamming could do with a review in the future.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:16:07 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2019, 12:47:15 PM by cryptohunter

I disagree. It is an observable fact that a significant proportion of the spam in Meta comes from you, and you're not being paid2post. Or are you? It would explain a lot if you were.

"Well yeah, I am being paid by satoshi who told me I will get the keys to his stash of btc if i can get rid of the merit cycling scum that are trying to get a vice like centralised grip on the board and silence free speech on his once great forum. He said he would prefer bct is modelled on bitcoin and not some central banking cartel. Fox pup satoshi said is one of the worst, sneaking around topping up merit for political reasons at close to light speed"

Please review my local rules.

then present the spam and describe HOW it is spam or delete your post.

I have often wondered if  you have a bunch of alts you top up with merit every 5 seconds everywhere. I mean so many "backstabbers of foxpoop" on those charts. I loved it when even the pharmacist said ..." i don't know why he keeps giving me so much merit" where do you get all this fucking merit, you must be the primary merit source on this board and responsible for the most obviously politically given merit trash here by far. The others sometimes at least seek to hide the fact they are merit abusers you are flagrant about it. How do you get away with it foxy? Poor stingers kicked out and you there spewing merit to your pals for any piece of crap they fart out whilst spamming their sigs here.

Why so worried Sad

You want to be blinded by sig spamming here in meta??

Bring your case not your unsubstantiated insults.

Oh wait you never dare get into a debate do you haha time travelling  MERIT SPAMMER

@jetcash

sig spamming of anything you do not believe in that you reason will help crypto is pure financially motivated greedy spamming to me. If your post does not contain new relevant and important information that you have researched and can provide the observable events and facts to substantiate your views or opinions then spamming your  sig under it is for one sole reason. " i wanna milk this board for money"

I would rather hear from true enthusiasts that are not all about sig spamming. I mean most of the noobs here (why are noobs joining a board and not on the discussion boards anyway?? nobody joins a board to talk about the mechanisms the board operates upon) hanging in meta powering up on feltched merits are already spamming their sigs and just hoping to make the text larger to add to the page of advertisements that are on every page of meta to the extend it looks like a banner farm.

Let's concentrate the views of enthusiasts and not have them diluted down by the self serving sig spamming crews coaxing with great ideas for the forum (that enable their sig spamming at highest rates and controlling others abilities to do so)

You love crypto hey?? well that's great you don't need paying to contribute then.

Better to ban sigs everywhere. However, if that is not possible then at least at the heart of the board where apparently real enthusiasts post because they want to "help"  improve the environment here and create a thriving community of people who want to see decentralised trustless systems get a real foothold.

Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:43:51 PM
Merited by TMAN (2)

then present the spam or delete your post.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=92110;sa=showPosts

I have often wondered if  you have a bunch of alts you top up with merit every 5 seconds everywhere.
I don't, so you can stop wondering.

Why so worried??  fox poop?
Now that's just childish. Let's go back to "vile vixen". I didn't like it at first, but it's starting to grow on me.

I just shield my eyes with the Ignore button.

Oh wait you never dare get into a debate do you haha time travelling  MERIT SPAMMER
I've no intention of playing pigeon chess with you.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:52:30 PM

then present the spam or delete your post.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=92110;sa=showPosts

I have often wondered if  you have a bunch of alts you top up with merit every 5 seconds everywhere.
I don't, so you can stop wondering.

Why so worried??  fox poop?
Now that's just childish. Let's go back to "vile vixen". I didn't like it at first, but it's starting to grow on me.

I just shield my eyes with the Ignore button.

Oh wait you never dare get into a debate do you haha time travelling  MERIT SPAMMER
I've no intention of playing pigeon chess with you.

I said a debate. Bring it here chicken.

Shield your eyes from sig spam with the ignore button.... LOL so you just merit your sig spamming pals whilst not reading their posts. Actually that could explain A LOT.  I mean when I noticed you sent merit to like 10 pharmacist posts all on different threads with just a few seconds between each bunch of merit spew then if not time travel as you suggested but just going to their post histories, not even reading them and just hitting merit would explain it.

I say that not only am I not a spammer. I say you splatter the MOST politically motivated merit for absolute trash posts on this entire board. I will debate either of those 2 things with you. I say it looks plausible you have many alts or are just a crazy merit splashing fool and have no business being a merit source.

I will also debate the pros and cons of allowing the current sig spamming on meta board. The prior 2 in another thread. Or perhaps the spammer accusation briefly here because bringing important messages to that focus attention to critical issues here that if fixed will provide an observably fairer and more equal system for all and remove the jack boot from the throat of free speech can only be termed as spam by those that are fighting to keep the jack boot in place and game the systems for their high paid sig spamming pals or alts. That would indeed explain this fear of removing the sigs here.
Okay okay vile vixen it is.

I was hoping to keep this on topic or have the local rules force some credible claims to be made, but of course local rules don't mean anything except if the "gang" has local rules.

Hurry up fox pup I want to dispense with you and get back to on topic relevant posts.

Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 01:17:17 PM
Merited by TMAN (2)

Shield your eyes from sig spam with the ignore button.... LOL so you just merit your sig spamming pals whilst not reading their posts. Actually that could explain A LOT.  I mean when I noticed you sent merit to like 10 pharmacist posts all on different threads with just a few seconds between each bunch of merit spew then if not time travel as you suggested but just going to their post histories, not even reading them and just hitting merit would explain it.
The Pharmacist is not a spammer, and I don't have him on Ignore. Every single post of his that I have merited, I have read and found to be deserving of merit.

I say that not only am I not a spammer.
Feel free to finish that sentence at any time. I'll wait.

I say you splatter the MOST politically motivated merit for absolute trash posts on this entire board.
You mean I even beat suchmoon? Nice. In your face, snitch bitch! Grin

I say it looks plausible you have many alts or are just a crazy merit splashing fool and have no business being a merit source.
Plenty of things look plausible that aren't true. But just for kicks, tell me whom you suspect of being my alts?

Okay okay vile vixen it is.
Thank you.

Hurry up fox pup I want to dispense with you and get back to on topic relevant posts.
You know you can't get enough of me. Kiss

1miau
Legendary

Merit: 6616

Currently not available - plz check my websitelink

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 02:23:28 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), Foxpup (2), coinlocket$ (1)

This board meta sadly is the most sig intensive on the entire forum (or perhaps it just seems like that because everyone is a "legend" and their banners are all just huge unlike other sub boards).
Not true at all.  Wink

Just visit Altcoin Discussion and have a look at the most sig intensive board.
Some examples:
Now is the time to buy
Now or never
Next holder are very fast to panic.

Signatures between one-line shitposts are much more noticeable than between well-thought and constructive posts in Meta. The problem is that nobody will read such shitposts on page 38, even most shitposters don't bother to read them considering the "content" of their posts.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 02:57:54 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

You should have seen meta, when merit was introduced. It was a mess back then....
Just a simple question. Why you didn't proposed that when you were wearing a signature, but now?
http://archive.fo/jdLEA
http://archive.fo/euD4x

I think you are just mad because of the red tag you got kicked out of YuTuCoIn campaign and seems like now you cannot wear signature anymore and raging against everyone else with signatures. Is this correct?

Back to your OP. It would be nice actually to have Meta sig. free, but It's up to theymos to decide.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 03:43:20 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2019, 04:19:40 PM by cryptohunter

You should have seen meta, when merit was introduced. It was a mess back then....
Just a simple question. Why you didn't proposed that when you were wearing a signature, but now?
http://archive.fo/jdLEA
http://archive.fo/euD4x

I think you are just mad because of the red tag you got kicked out of YuTuCoIn campaign and seems like now you cannot wear signature anymore and raging against everyone else with signatures. Is this correct?

Back to your OP. It would be nice actually to have Meta sig. free, but It's up to theymos to decide.

NO it is not correct you imbecile.

Please read the OP correctly again.

Are you completely stupid ? Yutucoin didnt even happen as far as I know. You think i chose that project to make money?

that was to support bruno (who I nominated for bct best personality and he won beating out even that weasel suchmoron) that is his project.

I think I wore it for many many months and it never even took place. Well as far as I know perhaps it did. I was not booted off, It would still be there now because I likely could not have been bothered to change it. I removed it to place the truth links that are there now.

So spread those lies elsewhere noob sig spamming trash. Probably a DT and Merit source if I dug into it.

This is what I mean. You just got some bozo to pay your spamming ass to proliferate MORE negative and incorrect garbage on this forum.

Remove your sig and post your crap for free. Even then you should be made to pay to even post this junk.

@ vile vixen - huge black woman is not a sig spammer you say?

all posts you merit are merit worthy you say?

would you like me to open a thread to examine these claims?

Also how come you have SO MUCH merit to throw to unmerit worthy political junk?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 03:51:27 PM

Meta is the most liberally moderated sub because it is a place where forum policy and appeals to moderater actions can be appealed.

The administration doesn’t want potential concerns removed just because they cannot post a well thought out post, or cannot speak English well or otherwise cannot effectively communicate well.

I don’t think that even signatures will be removed from meta so the administration can see any signatures made in protest of a moderator action.

Posting crap in meta is a good way to get noticed (not in a good way) if you are a sig spammer because I am fairly confident that at least one admin will read every post in meta (or if not, then every thread) and every thread is likely to be read by multiple mods.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:08:25 PM

Meta is the most liberally moderated sub because it is a place where forum policy and appeals to moderater actions can be appealed.

The administration doesn’t want potential concerns removed just because they cannot post a well thought out post, or cannot speak English well or otherwise cannot effectively communicate well.

I don’t think that even signatures will be removed from meta so the administration can see any signatures made in protest of a moderator action.

Posting crap in meta is a good way to get noticed (not in a good way) if you are a sig spammer because I am fairly confident that at least one admin will read every post in meta (or if not, then every thread) and every thread is likely to be read by multiple mods.

This is all possibly true. But how many sigs are there of that type  compared to sigs for spamming anything to make the most money as possible

"Forum policy" -- EXACTLY

1. sig spammers specifically those spamming sigs that are not support of a legit and promising project that could benefit crypto  are doing so for selfish financial gain.
2. better to have posters that are posting because they are enthusiasts and have the interests of the board and the movement here rather than the self interest of pushing for actions that will enrich them.

Why would you wish for a board diluted by those observably only interested in self enrichment having influence over board policies? Perhaps far better to weed out those that are pushing for policies that will serve their own selfish self interest and listen to a more concentrated pool of those that are REAL enthusiasts for this movement -- whom are far more likely of course to push for policies that are beneficial for the board as a whole and create an environment where people are given fair and equal treatment and free speech is not crushed down.

There can be zero argument that free speech is vulnerable as things are and that is mainly due to policies that have empowerd control systems that slot in under admin and get to control PAID2POST and trading and also a persons reputation in general.

You want to speak out against anything here that DT's or merit sources OR their pals have done that seems incorrect, unfair or scammy?? Then you will certainly have to accept that you will be getting some red pain as soon as they can dream up an excuse. You can be sure you will not get merit for your merit worthy posts or the merit will be deleted. You will not be trading with people unless they are willing to risk trading with an account screaming this is a scammer. You will also either be prevented from PAID2POST entirely or will never rank up to be included in an "exclusive highly paid sig campaign"  so your free speech will come at high risk to your account or certain destruction of it.

LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 9381

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:19:23 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), Welsh (3), LoyceV (1)

Another day, another Meta thread by cryptohunter. Seriously bro if you don’t like this forum there are others.

Lots of signature campaigns don’t include posts in Meta, mine doesn’t.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4737831.0

Seriously, you could be a good poster if you just cut this shit out, I think the constant new threads & massive walls of text are starting to really annoy people.

Sig spammers don’t tend to post in Meta, Bitcoin Discussion is where the shit posters are & the Altcoin subsection.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:23:55 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Another day, another Meta thread by cryptohunter. Seriously bro if you don’t like this forum there are others.

Lots of signature campaigns don’t include posts in Meta, mine doesn’t.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4737831.0

Seriously, you could be a good poster if you just cut this shit out, I think the constant new threads & massive walls of text are starting to really annoy people.

Sig spammers don’t tend to post in Meta, Bitcoin Discussion is where the shit posters are & the Altcoin subsection.

It all seems annoying until you are an honest member fighting REAL scams for years that were promoted by the same liars, scumbags and their pals that get the powers to flag your account as a scammer because you simply would not tolerate more lies and bullshit accusations from them and simply said if they did not stop you will encourage others to review their past histories. Sorry it's annoying.

But then again what upsets you exactly about this thread? what is annoying about the OP. Point it out and we will discuss it.

However, the fact you are not being paid for posting here is  at least demonstrating you are an enthusiast for meta even if you are not such an enthusiast for truth, honesty and justice and wish people to shhhh up changing things that will prevent such future abuse.

Who said I did not like this forum? I love this forum and the free speech that has been afforded persons here for many years must not be crushed now by certain persons gaming and abusing the systems of control.

LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 9381

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:33:27 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2019, 04:50:12 PM by LFC_Bitcoin

@CH - It just seems like you’ve always got something to moan about. For the record no, I don’t think you’re a scammer at all.

Why don’t you have a civil PM convo with TMAN & see if he’s willing to alter his trust feedback on you to neutral.
It seems like your red trust is just because you got into heated arguments rather than doing anything untrustworthy.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:37:40 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), LoyceV (1)

This is all possibly true. But how many sigs are there of that type  compared to sigs for spamming anything to make the most money as possible

"Forum policy" -- EXACTLY

1. sig spammers specifically those spamming sigs that are not support of a legit and promising project that could benefit crypto  are doing so for selfish financial gain.
2. better to have posters that are posting because they are enthusiasts and have the interests of the board and the movement here rather than the self interest of pushing for actions that will enrich them.

Why would you wish for a board diluted by those observably only interested in self enrichment having influence over board policies? Perhaps far better to weed out those that are pushing for policies that will serve their own selfish self interest and listen to a more concentrated pool of those that are REAL enthusiasts for this movement -- whom are far more likely of course to push for policies that are beneficial for the board as a whole and create an environment where people are given fair and equal treatment and free speech is not crushed down.

There can be zero argument that free speech is vulnerable as things are and that is mainly due to policies that have empowerd control systems that slot in under admin and get to control PAID2POST and trading and also a persons reputation in general.

You want to speak out against anything here that DT's or merit sources OR their pals have done that seems incorrect, unfair or scammy?? Then you will certainly have to accept that you will be getting some red pain as soon as they can dream up an excuse. You can be sure you will not get merit for your merit worthy posts or the merit will be deleted. You will not be trading with people unless they are willing to risk trading with an account screaming this is a scammer. You will also either be prevented from PAID2POST entirely or will never rank up to be included in an "exclusive highly paid sig campaign"  so your free speech will come at high risk to your account or certain destruction of it.

I am not sure I understand your argument/concerns.

As it stands now, it is permissible to wear a paid signature. Anyone who can participate in the forum can voice their concerns about forum policy and mod actions. To my knowledge, theymos generally will not give additional weight to a particular person because of their status (he may give additional weight to those who he has seen to be knowledgeable in a particular subject matter), and he will listen to arguments and will take action (or not) based on the merits of the argument.

As I previously mentioned, if you post a lot of low effort posts in meta, you will get noticed by moderators and are putting yourself at risk of a ban for signature spam if you also post low effort posts elsewhere in the forum.
Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:52:19 PM

@ vile vixen - huge black woman is not a sig spammer you say?

all posts you merit are merit worthy you say?

would you like me to open a thread to examine these claims?
If you like.

Also how come you have SO MUCH merit to throw to unmerit worthy political junk?
Well... Embarrassed I may have performed certain... vixenly favours for theymos. And the entire moderation staff. And Lauda. You know how it is with vixens. Wink

nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 7887

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 04:57:32 PM

You know, without reading through your famous walls of text I'm inclined to think that's not a bad idea, and I wouldn't mind at all if that was the case.

However, I'm not sure you have much credibility left at this point, and your attitude is overtly hostile about everything, so good luck getting theymos to implement the change.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 05:08:11 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2019, 05:42:46 PM by cryptohunter

@CH - It just seems like you’ve always got somethinh to moan about. For the record no, I don’t think you’re a scammer at all.

Why don’t you have a civil PM convo with TMAN & see if he’s willing to alter his trust feedback on you to neutral.
It seems like your red trust is just because you got into heated arguments rather than doing anything untrustworthy.

No, because my case is just 1 example of how this abuse can take place. I just outlined the implications for free speech. This is not just about myself. However my red trust is also admittedly a nice driving force to do the right thing. I am naturally a very lazy person so I need a lot of motivation anyway.

The systems MUST be altered if you do not want the systems of control to crush free speech. It really is that simple. Who decides if a person should be "heated" ??

Can someone be "heated" if they were called a liar 3x and the person would not present one example and then when you told the truth and can present evidence they are lying then you get red trust??  You are not allowed to be heated? but they are allowed to speak in a nasty tone to you first and out of blue screaming you are a liar and refusing to present any evidence.

Tman is nothing he is a symptom of a system that needs fixing nothing more. My red trust is nothing more than a symptom. You need to get to the root cause here.

I have no real issue using my case as an example of abuse because it is an extreme example and it serves nicely to highlight how broken the systems are and how week the constraints are for holding it to purpose.

@nutildah

I am hostile to proven scumbags and untrustworthy dirt + their overt supporters and ass lickers.
That makes me highly credible.

@quickseller...

Let me immediately draw your focus to the main points.

I don't suspect your garden variety sig spammers turn up to meta. I am not sure why you are suggesting this is my concern.

Let me try it this way.

If you have a lot of people with a shared and primary goal of ...let's say creating a forum that provides the optimal environment to grow and develop an end to end decentralised trustless arena. They all start discussing how to create this optimal environment (of course free speech is going to be a useful thing to have). Now you drop into the mix a greater number of persons  who's prime goal is their self enrichment, who don't really give too much of shit about the optimal environment to grow and develop an end to end decentralised trustless arena.

They care about creating an environment where they can make the most money and will be presenting suggestions, opinions and ideas to push their self enriching "POLICIES" that are implemented on that board. They are therefore diluting the collisions between the real enthusiasts and as their numbers and influence grows they then start to drown out the ideas of those real enthusiasts making their ideas seem dominant and therefore a great idea.

How many times do i hear this weight of numbers argument here... A lot.

Imagine there was a way to reduce the toxic self serving input by reducing their incentive to give "their" opinions and clutter threads and disrupt the discussions of real enthusiasts.

I mean if you are a real enthusiast you will still post in meta right? If you are a person just trying to spam and milk the board perhaps it will reduce your incentive to post here. You will need to post elsewhere to make your spam bucks and will increase the needed effort to spam elsewhere for bucks and post here to ensure your spam bucks roll in at optimal levels.

It is annoying that they can currently voice opinions to ensure top levels of assured spam bucks whilst getting those same spam bucks to fund their "suggestions and coaxing".

Spam for bucks  or voice opinions/ideas/suggestions that ensure you get to control ability to spam for bucks and your own top rates.

Not both at the same time. Get to the discussions board and battle it out with the other sig spammers until the real enthusiasts create sensible ways to control this unbridled greed.

I have more sympathy for real poor people trying to spam for a few bucks than i do those that are not needing it to feed their families but still want MORE money for contributing here. If these legends are still desperate to the level of needing to be paid to contribute they must be complete idiots. Why listen to idiots  or super greedy devious people.

If you still don't see any merit to my suggestion then tell me why not.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:00:14 PM

Let us make meta into a Sig Spam Free Zone?

Alternate cryptocurrencies should be the first priority for such idea.

Regardless, it's interesting idea, but it won't stop people spam post on Meta as Meta is one of boards with best merit per post ratio[1]
If you truly want to see meta free from post spam (according to your point of view), signature and merit should be disabled on meta.

References :
1. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5083312.msg48598469#msg48598469

This is actually a valid point.

I wish Theymos would give me demerit powers that I could wield at will and as extremely as I like so long as I could present a VERY  STRONG case for each and every single merit that I could remove. If I fail to present a strong case then my powers are taken away for good. I would have a field day here in meta.

Then again a lot of merit comes from the sig spammers here.

Still reducing incentive in any way  is a good first step. Things are often solved in steps not in one foul swoop.

Although the alts board is the most in need in terms of sheer numbers of blatant spammers, it is better to sort things from the top down where perhaps the very most dangerous and critical damage is done.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: