Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did i just lose all my bitcoin cash ?  (Read 583 times)
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 12:17:33 PM

I made a test transfer to coinbase and saw that address indeed changed after receiving the coins.I believe the earlier transfer changed and disappeared without crediting the account first

I talked to blockchain and believe that they are not at fault.
Coinbase has still not answered the first email and there is no other way to contact them.I believe that this is what happened

Second sent email to coinbase :

Hello i believe coinbase took my bitcoin cash.

I made a transfer of over 10 bitcoin cash to my coinbase wallet, but after sending the coins my coinbase wallet address had changed and there was no history of  transfer

The coins are currently in an untouched address which i believe to belong to coinbase and i believe that there was a coinbase wallet mistake and error in my account

Coinbase generate new addresses automatically after every transactions you made. These new addresses are also generated when your funds are moved between your coinbase wallets.
It is done for your security to remain anonymous from third parties.
And I guess those used addresses can also be reused. So your deposits will still arrive on your wallet if you used that.
I already experienced it on other exchanges, but for a withdrawal request, I booked a ticket several times and then it went back to my wallet after a week.

Maybe there are just some errors on your wallet input. Probably you accidentally removed or added characters.

But hope and wait for coinbase to take action.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 10:51:52 PM

Whats the relationship like between Coinbase and blockchain.info?

As far as I know, both services you mentioned have no common connection.

If I understand the situation you're talking about, it is probably just a bad idea that I think that any virus on your computer might have changed the wallet address.
No, such a thing is not possible. If you say the wallet address has been copied and pasted correctly, then I think there is a problem with one of the services you are using or there may be a problem in the BCH network.
Anny555

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 08:25:51 AM

Whats the relationship like between Coinbase and blockchain.info
I copied the address from Bhc address from Coinbase, pasted to blockchain.info and clicked send

Now im like what the hell happened here, i was on Coinbase few days later and don’t see anything
Then i look blockchain.info history and it shows that it was sent to some long, even invalid address? (Not the case, valid address)

Can anybody tell what happened and where is the bitcoin cash
https://imgur.com/a/k02CbcN

Update 7 April:

It shows that the bitcoin cash is in this address- pr994hajwtscfvgcprmak52czn95uyg6gu6kysfpcq
The address has one transaction and i sure as hell don’t know anything about that wallet address.

Its impossible that i could of copied it from somewhere else.

So here’s what happened

Step one : copy paste coinbase aadress to blockchain and click send
Step two : sent bitcoin cash ended up in - pr994hajwtscfvgcprmak52czn95uyg6gu6kysfpcq which is not the current coinbase bitcoin cash address

Step three: lose all bitcoin cash and there is nothing that could of prevented that from happening

Edit : My opinion on this

You know if i made mistake somehow and sent it to the wrong address, I’d just accept it and end it.
It would be an unfortunate mistake and it wouldn’t affect my quality of live.I still have food on the table tomorrow

As i recall the sending in my memory, and i barely make one transaction a month.

i took out my iphone and opened coinbase and blockchain and do the back and fourth logging in.

There is just nowhere to copy and find another address to make a mistake with the sending.
Id accept a mistake, but i just can’t see how that could of happened.

Where did the address even come from ?

I’m just an athlete doing physical training and browsing social media

Edit : Update 24 April

I made a test transfer to coinbase and saw that address indeed changed after receiving the coins.I believe the earlier transfer changed and disappeared without crediting the account first

I talked to blockchain and believe that they are not at fault.
Coinbase has still not answered the first email and there is no other way to contact them.I believe that this is what happened

Second sent email to coinbase :

Hello i believe coinbase took my bitcoin cash.

I made a transfer of over 10 bitcoin cash to my coinbase wallet, but after sending the coins my coinbase wallet address had changed and there was no history of  transfer

The coins are currently in an untouched address which i believe to belong to coinbase and i believe that there was a coinbase wallet mistake and error in my account

I think the best option is to wait for an answer for technical support, although the situation is very incomprehensible.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: