Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:06:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help starting a charity  (Read 459 times)
Gnarltusk (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:38:55 PM

I live in one of the poorest counties in the United States, Hidalgo County Texas. It borders Mexico The average salary of a resident of the county is less than 18000$ and the gap between the rich and the poor is the 5th highest in the nation according to the Gini index for 2010. I am trying to start a charity organization to help people living in some of the worst conditions in the nation. My aim is to start with clothing and housing improvements and make a move to youth education and energy conservation (energy efficient heating and insulation). I was inspired by the by the BitGive Foundation.
I am looking for support from the cryptocurrency community and I am reaching out to anybody with experience in charity organizations, web development (it is going to need a website) and anyone who simply wishes to support a good cause. I am attaching my real name to this in hopes that it will inspire confidence that this is not a scam attempt. If anyone wishes to contact me via email please feel free to do so. I need all the help I can get, I really want this to work! There are so many people in my area who need help and I can't think of a better way to spread my message then the bitcoin community, with its global reach and amazing support community!
Please if anybody has any information, links or would like to contribute with some intel on how I can get the ball rolling contact me at matt_mangham@yahoo.com.
I have not filed any paperwork but I am in the process of working with local charities to find out other local requirements and will be submitting a request to register my corporation with  my chamber of commerce in the morning. Also Im looking for help coming up with a name for my charity. It could be good for the bitcoin community as well as the residents of Hidalgo County.

FORWARD THIS, TWEET IT< FACEBOOK, ETC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stealthman

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:51:32 PM

I support you. We can discuss what can I help you with.
Gnarltusk (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:18:32 PM

well first I need to come up with a name for the charity but so far, speaking to members of the chamber of commerce the word bitcoin makes people standoffish because they do not understand the scope of bitcoin as a concept. I would like to show people that it is also a name to be associated with giving and helping people and get attention away from the negative press that it has received. I would like to name to involve bitcoin in some way that makes people feel comfortable and inviting. So that is where I am starting. I live in an area referred to as the Rio Grande Valley so I was thinking about incorporating that into the name as well. Something like the Rio Grande Valley Bitcoin Initiative.  Next step is working on a website and registering the company which is what I am going to do tomorrow morning once a proper name is settled on. So that really leaves website development. Im thinking about going with open source webpages but I do not really know about how to deploy that and polish it to my specifications
stealthman

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:24:14 PM

Name you choose is good I think. This is hard to explain the concept of bitcoin really. There are people who make good designs here so you can use them and print some beautifull stuff to surround people. You need hosting and web develepor. I hope someone of them will join you. Good luck to your project.
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:00:13 PM

Firstly you are talking about supporting a country  Shocked without a company or i would say a registered NGO it will be impossible to do because what you are taking is a huge thing to cover up you can't do that all alone of course not  and nobody is going to donate unless you have a registered NGO or a legit proof that the money will be going to the people not you, which is a must thing to have. Iam not saying that you are a scam but its a very usual pattern of people asking  for money without moving their ass an inch to try to understand it. The best way you can make it happen is first get a website, there are many platforms which offers it for free like webs.com or wix.com there you can build a website just by adding templates no prior knowledge of prgmng needed. And then maybe get a NGO register but that depends on you now the must is after registering your ngo and building your website get a press release in any of the local newspaper or media source that's it and you will be all good to go trust me i'll be the first to donate then  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: