Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:21:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To accelerate the mass adaptation to cryptocurrency - [New Update, Telegram Bot]  (Read 1010 times)
MrNaif

Activity: 49
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 11:41:06 AM

Ok I will read this, but you're mistaken. Backend is completely different, only frontend may look similar. We were inspired to create something easy to use and install, as we weren't satisfied about btcpay. We decided to implement functionality they had first. And again, it is completely different, it is written in python and not dotnet. And once again as said, it is early alpha stage, we will work now on changing template probably. Please, don't let me repeat the same words again, our project is NOT a copy or fork of btcpay, it is something bigger, but we started from implementing basic functionality like they had. If you're not satisfied-feel free to suggest your template etc, we don't have designer for now. That's my end comment about this. Theme closed, this is discussion about our project and not btcpay.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 11:47:13 AM

You are using (visual) assets from BTCpay so you can't just delete them from the License. Saying you will change the design etc. at some point doesn't matter. If they file a complaint your Github will get (permanently) locked. Just here to warn you and asking you to give credit where it is due.
MrNaif

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 11:48:56 AM

I am not sure actually how to do it, do I need to copy the whole license? Also I am working on other template right now, so that's why not sure if it is needed.
MrNaif

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:12:49 PM

As I said, we're working on design, that's what we got for now(for now only template mostly):
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:18:47 PM
Merited by Vod (5), ABCbits (1)

Ok I will read this, but you're mistaken. Backend is completely different, only frontend may look similar. We were inspired to create something easy to use and install, as we weren't satisfied about btcpay. We decided to implement functionality they had first. And again, it is completely different, it is written in python and not dotnet. And once again as said, it is early alpha stage, we will work now on changing template probably. Please, don't let me repeat the same words again, our project is NOT a copy or fork of btcpay, it is something bigger, but we started from implementing basic functionality like they had. If you're not satisfied-feel free to suggest your template etc, we don't have designer for now. That's my end comment about this. Theme closed, this is discussion about our project and not btcpay.

How come "BTCpay" is mentioned 105 times in your source code?

I'm sorry buy you are blatantly lying here. It's ok to fork their source code and improve it in any way you like. That's what the MIT license is for. It's NOT ok to copy someone's work, delete their license and claim the work is your own.

EDIT: Anyone can check/ CTRL+F the initial commit here: https://github.com/MrNaif2018/bitcart/commit/f8dee2c73e1469ac84d44a30d0096a7c1654c90b
MrNaif

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:26:50 PM

I still don't understand for what is your hate. If you don't like it, then use btcpay. New template is not yet commited, and it is NOT a fork in any way. There will be no btcpay, we should probably have posted this later, but we wanted to show our project, this is our first real opensource project. So we decided to publish it as soon as possible to get feedback and ideas, probably we were wrong. But there is no way back. About references in code-just insterested, why are you only interested in searching this instead of for example trying our docker setup. Our project is written in python, and not dotnet, so one of things we wanted to do is-simplicity, probably even not-programmer can read python code.
Edit: and I'm not lying in any way, please see the difference between forking and rewriting from scratch in other language only using html templates by start to later change them. I mean, I don't know html very well, that's why I decided to start from that. But only html templates were used, and were modified, they are now django templates. I anyway did a lot of work when turning it into django templates, and hearing that my work was useless is sad. Discussion about btcpay closed.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:29:02 PM

I still don't understand for what is your hate. If you don't like it, then use btcpay. New template is not yet commited, and it is NOT a fork in any way. There will be no btcpay, we should probably have posted this later, but we wanted to show our project, this is our first real opensource project. So we decided to publish it as soon as possible to get feedback and ideas, probably we were wrong. But there is no way back. About references in code-just insterested, why are you only interested in searching this instead of for example trying our docker setup. Our project is written in python, and not dotnet, so one of things we wanted to do is-simplicity, probably even not-programmer can read python code.

I will ask again. If this is not a fork in any way then why is "BTCpay" mentioned 105 times in your source code?
MrNaif

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:37:35 PM

Ok, I will explain in more details. And then please. no more btcpay. I don't know html very much to write site from scratch, so I needed some start. But I knew python, and I had an idea of a project. So that's why I wanted to do core things first and interface after. And indeed, core things are all done, maybe only optimization. So as I am not good I thought that maybe when publishing we will find some designer. And if you wonder why so much btcpay, I will say how making new page worked:
Create new url in urls.py and link it with new view
Create new view in views.py and make it render html(template)
Go to page I wanted to implement and use browser's save as function to save everything.
Put any new static files to gui/static/gui/(img or js or css)
Inside a template, add first line:
{% extends 'gui/base.html' %}
To make it share the same footer header etc.
If needed to load some new images, add
{% load static %}
To load staticfiles module, and replace any src with smth like:
{% static 'gui/img/some-ing.png' %}
Then wrap all new content in content block(django's tag), and delete navigation as it is already in base.html.
Then make it load data from database. Maybe adding new models if needed.
Adding all to make it work with our system.
Done.
I didn't touch things not yet implemented(links to not implemented pages), so that's why a lot of btcpay references. But as you see, it is still a lot of work done, and it is no longer the template that was  at start.
rockstardev

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 08:44:11 PM

Hey Naif, I'm one of the BtcPayServer contributors... just wanted to thank you for providing extra exposure for project. In case you need any additional help, please join us on our Mattermost...

Maybe I can teach you some C# so that you can start spending time more productively.
MrNaif

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:46:51 PM

You can see me in your telegram group under the same username (:
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:50:09 PM
Merited by vv181 (1)

Ok, I will explain in more details. And then please. no more btcpay. I don't know html very much to write site from scratch, so I needed some start. But I knew python, and I had an idea of a project. So that's why I wanted to do core things first and interface after. And indeed, core things are all done, maybe only optimization. So as I am not good I thought that maybe when publishing we will find some designer. And if you wonder why so much btcpay, I will say how making new page worked:
Create new url in urls.py and link it with new view
Create new view in views.py and make it render html(template)
Go to page I wanted to implement and use browser's save as function to save everything.
Put any new static files to gui/static/gui/(img or js or css)
Inside a template, add first line:
{% extends 'gui/base.html' %}
To make it share the same footer header etc.
If needed to load some new images, add
{% load static %}
To load staticfiles module, and replace any src with smth like:
{% static 'gui/img/some-ing.png' %}
Then wrap all new content in content block(django's tag), and delete navigation as it is already in base.html.
Then make it load data from database. Maybe adding new models if needed.
Adding all to make it work with our system.
Done.
I didn't touch things not yet implemented(links to not implemented pages), so that's why a lot of btcpay references. But as you see, it is still a lot of work done, and it is no longer the template that was  at start.

Which exactly means that you have forked their code.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with forking their code. There is nothing wrong with partially removing, altering or improving on their code. As Rockstardev already posted, I am 100% sure that you could ask any of the BTCpay developers for help if you get stuck on there. To top it off, I am sure they will actually encourage people to use their code and use it to build a different product. That's exactly what an open source project does, it gives anyone access to the source code. But that doesn't mean you can just remove their license, alter their code and claim you never forked it in the first place. I think you are mistaking forking with 1:1 copying.
rockstardev

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 09:23:19 PM

After talking directly with our young friend MrNaif here through Telegram... I would advise everyone to ignore thread; if you can't directly help him with coding. When he publishes more substantial original work - that's when more productive discussion can be started.
artofwar (OP)

Activity: 142
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 03:20:45 AM

Well, just ignore these guys. They should be proud that some kids get inspired by them.

But no, By looking at their reaction, you will know that they just frustrated with their life and want to take on you. Even more frustrating when they find out some 14 years old boy can do much better than what they did in a group.

see that one, registering to bitcointalk only today just to say that python is not a serious work, how messed up his life is.

let us continue focusing with our work.

(and they were inspired by bitpay? oh no, it cant be, I think not, they got this idea directly from heaven).
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 04:20:39 AM

A great finding by @TheNewAnon135246

~
I would advise everyone to ignore thread; if you can't directly help him with coding. When he publishes more substantial original work - that's when more productive discussion can be started.
I still don't understand for what is your hate.]

I don't think there is any hatred being spread by @TheNewAnon135246, he/she possibly just want some 'transparency' or smth, and just telling you the 'principle' of FOSS.

AFAIK, the MIT license required us to use the same license and add a copyright notice. Looking at Bitcart repo they did the right thing to use the same license, but there is no copyright of previous repo being mentioned.

For the mean. MIT license hereby us to sublicensing, you might have to credit previous forked repo for the template, once you are developed your own license you can remove it.

CMIIW. Grin

After all, If the owner/contributor of the license doesn't mind about the license, I don't think it would be a problem. Nevertheless, I believe it contradicts with FOSS principle.
MrNaif

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:15:04 AM

vv181,thank you for solution to this problem. I already wanted to add it, but I just don't know for sure how to do it, do I just copy their license and paste in the end of my license?
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:34:07 AM

Well, just ignore these guys. They should be proud that some kids get inspired by them.

But no, By looking at their reaction, you will know that they just frustrated with their life and want to take on you. Even more frustrating when they find out some 14 years old boy can do much better than what they did in a group.

see that one, registering to bitcointalk only today just to say that python is not a serious work, how messed up his life is.

let us continue focusing with our work.

(and they were inspired by bitpay? oh no, it cant be, I think not, they got this idea directly from heaven).

Please read my previous post. I was merely trying to point out that it is highly frowned upon to fork a project (even though you plan on completely altering it) without using their license. I would've taken a different approach if I knew he is 14 years old. I wasn't trying to discourage him from continuing his project.

@MrNaif, I've created a pull request to update you license. Feel free to merge it.
MrNaif

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:38:34 AM

Thank you for your pull request, merged it! Now can I freely develop this piece of software? (:
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:44:25 AM

Thank you for your pull request, merged it! Now can I freely develop this piece of software? (:

Haha yes. Regarding the name of your project, are you aware that there are already 2 payment processors with the same name? (http://bit-cart.com/ and https://bitcart.io/)? Not trying to make you change your name but you might want to consider changing it before you properly launch your product Grin.
MrNaif

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:47:25 AM

Well yeah, telegram and twitter groups were taken already. So maybe bitcartcc will be good, you can count cc as crypto currency (:
MrNaif

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 01:07:52 PM

We will rename us to bitcartcc. It was initial idea actually even on logo (:
We're working on redesign of pages, soon will probably upload it or post some spoilers (:
Before that, answer here which providers do you usually use to get bitcoin - > USD prices?
As we will need these prices, we will need to select exchange rate provider for that.
For now we can already choose from a wide range of options, but we're going to use provider that everyone uses(we now can choose from
BitFlyer, BitPay, BitStamp, Bitbank, BitcoinAverage, BitcoinVenezuela, Bitcointoyou, Bitmarket, Bitso, Bitvalor, BlockchainInfo, CoinDesk, Coinbase, Kraken, LocalBitcoins, MercadoBitcoin, NegocieCoins, TheRockTrading, Zaif, itBit, if we need we can  select others too)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: