Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:01:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-03-05] Billionaire Eugene Kaspersky: World Isn’t Ready for Bitcoin Yet  (Read 270 times)
egyptian magician

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:54:42 PM

I agree that 100 years is too long. Hashrate is increasing. Number of transactions is increasing. Adoption is increasing. As the article goes on to say, Jack Dorsey (CEO of Twitter) thinks there will be a single global currency within 10 years, and it will be bitcoin. I think 10 years is too soon for bitcoin to be a "single global currency", but we will certainly know in 10 years whether it is heading that way, as Satoshi predicted. I suspect it will be.

No doubt he wants to be first in line to consolidate authority over the bitcoin network, so he can then retrofit Twitter's draconian censorship policies on top of it.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 10:05:43 PM

The world is ready. People are already recognising the faults in traditional online payment processors as well as fiat currency. All there needs to be is some sort of event that triggers mainstream adoption, which has not happened yet.

I highly doubt that we'll have to wait centuries before bitcoin adoption finally picks up - we are already seeing some pretty significant institutional interest in bitcoin that we haven't seen in past years, which is a positive sign though it doesn't directly lead to consumer adoption.

Governments will have to regulate bitcoin businesses, but they can't control the network that bitcoin runs on. That's a part of the reason why a decentralised system is needed in the first place.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 10:10:33 PM

Thats is true world aren't ready to accept crypto at this moment but 100 year is over the the new technology is improve growth fast and crypto is part of new technology so nobody can tell the right time for crypto mass world afoption.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: