Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:20:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ERC20 tokens benefit from Ethereum upswing?  (Read 349 times)
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 03:39:00 PM

Market changes are likely to affect the value of ERC20, the rise of Eth or bitcoin does not affect it to make the platforms still valuable and beneficial to its holders.

Yup! Most of the Altcoins in the market will surely be affected by the sudden surge of price on the market, Mostly Bitcoin will affect most of it, But there are cryptocurrency that will not and that is stable coins, even if they are in the list of cryptocurrency coins I prefer not to make an investment with them, But surely anything that can happen with the price of bitcoin and Ethereum will sure affect the price of ERC20 tokens and Altcoins in their value.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
various

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 03:41:52 PM

It depends entirely on the functionality and popularity of the token. On the bull market it is not guaranty to rise for every token, when ethereum rises. We need to distinguish the concept of good and bad token very well.

Squirrel Dearing

Activity: 766
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 03:47:22 PM

The cost of Ethereum and ERC20 tokens are not linked, the market always follows Bitcoin. If the value of ETH will grow, other tokens will not grow after it. The same applies to the growth of the price of one of the tokens ERC20.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
crzybilly

Activity: 703

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 03:49:02 PM

They should for sure. I do not like that fact, but almost all ERC-20 tokens depend on Ethereum and when the father grows, all ERC-20 tokens are following. But we need to wait for a real growth and not these several bucks.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 09:26:41 AM

Most of my earned tokens are also based on ECR20 token which I got majority of them through bounty hunting and the last time we experienced bull run in Ethereum, majority of them didn’t rise along with it, I was even surprised to see that it was when BTC started consolidating that I had serious pump in the prices of my bounty token for the ones that has entered exchange.

The only thing I know for sure is that when ethereum rises, the value of some coins based on ECR20 will also increase since you have to also change them to ETH first.
Grobokopalka

Activity: 579
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 09:33:21 AM

It doesn't always work. Yes, ERC-20 tokens are based on the Ethereum platform, but if the project is unsuccessful, the price will fall regardless of the Ethereum price

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 09:49:44 AM

I think those upswing things with ethereum are those days because, I hardly see any of the other altcoins in my wallet moving with the ethereum price these days unlike before, when their is a slightly up in price of ethereum you will see all these coins also moving up, but now they just be as they are and even become more low when their is small drop from ethereum.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 02:53:15 AM

I don't think it's too big, etherum is just a smart contract. While erc20 tokens determine their own value based on their market capitalization.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 03:03:16 AM

I think the ERC20 tokens will depend on Ethereum to succeed because they are running on top of the protocol. I'd also say Ether is probably a more conservative investment, since it's hard to tell which Dapps will take off on the platform. I believe the majority of ERC20 tokens will fail, though there will be winners in the group.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 03:09:28 AM

The possibility is there that selected ERC20 tokens would benefit from the upswing of Ethereum. Since this type of tokens is interconnected with Ethereum, it would seem that those who have potential will moon. Not all though since most of the tokens available to the market are shit.
debby070
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 03:11:09 AM

Most of my hard earned tokens are ERC-20 tokens. We're all aware that an ERC-20 tokens are cryptocurrencies that's built on the Ethereum platform. And needless to say, these tokens are only compatible with Ethereum wallets. Also to transact ERC20 tokens, we are required to have some Ethereum as GAS.
I just want to know ...
Whenever Ethereum had a bull, will ERC20 tokens values increases as well?
If a certain Ethereum's smart contract suddenly become successful and its ERC20 tokens popular, will that success pull up Ethereum also?
What will be the effect to Ethereum if a smart contract failed?
Need some answers guys...

Depends, but I guess yes? But in a major part, it is the project's developers and community that will going to make the price of the ERC20 tokens valuable. We shouldn't always incline to the main altcoins.

valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 03:24:28 AM

n my opinion the erc20 token is not always dependent on ethereum price increases due to the influence of bulls, on the contrary some erc20 tokens are still rising even though ethereum prices are declining but for now the erc20's chance to return to popular seems very difficult because there are many good competing platforms with ethereum
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 04:17:32 AM

It is more likely that the tokens will benefit from a BTC upswing rather than ETC. Main reason is due to most trading pairs for coins being against BTC rather than ETH.

Do note that the upswing I am referring to is in terms of fiat.
d_fitrie

Activity: 589
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 05:46:03 AM

For a stable token rate, yes because it follows the market rate
but not all token rates are stable even though the price goes up or vice versa when the market rate increases, all depends on the increase in the platform of each ICO
darkangel

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 05:53:21 AM

I don't think like you. All altcoin will benefit when BTC increases prices, and it will certainly happen. I have been in this market for 3 years and that always happens whenever the BTC increases or collapses, altcoin always moves after BTC
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:34:09 PM

No, ERC20 tokens do not affect the value of Ethereum. Only buying/selling ETH can change its value. ERC20 tokens have little to do with ETH, except that they are built on the Ethereum network. Therefore, do not assume that the choice of this platform to run your own coin, guarantees its success.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:39:30 PM

Most of my hard earned tokens are ERC-20 tokens. We're all aware that an ERC-20 tokens are cryptocurrencies that's built on the Ethereum platform. And needless to say, these tokens are only compatible with Ethereum wallets. Also to transact ERC20 tokens, we are required to have some Ethereum as GAS.
I just want to know ...
If a certain Ethereum's smart contract suddenly become successful and its ERC20 tokens popular, will that success pull up Ethereum also?

In my opinion its depend on the kind of project not all have a potential to shine in the market and not all ERC token based are legit most of them are scam or have no real product to show inthe market, sometimes an ERC based token can grow even without an increased of ethereum and take note most altcoin are depend on the price action of bitcoin.

semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:41:20 PM

I just want to know ...

One of the biggest risks of having the ERC20 tokeni is not being left unattended for a long time. You always have to follow the token team. Otherwise they take a mainnet decision, you will be the garbage left in your hand.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 01:00:40 PM

actually there is no price link because they only use ethereum as a platform so when ethereum experiences price increases ethereum doesn't have any impact on other coins
I don't think so. Both altcoins and Ethereum have a positive correlation and price rates affect to each one. If the price of altcoin increases then there is a money flow to this altcoin. Money flow to particular ERC20 token will have a positive effect on ETH's price.
Agreed anytime an altcoin increases its price, ethereum increases also. But it is not the same vice versa. When ethereum prices go up the price of the altcoin obviously will not go up. What can affect altcoin prices is bitcoin because it is the standard of almost every coin there is.
jorenpo

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 01:16:16 PM

actually there is no price link because they only use ethereum as a platform so when ethereum experiences price increases ethereum doesn't have any impact on other coins
but in this case ethereum is greatly benefited, we can say that only ethereum is benefited because when there is a successful ERC-20 coin, the transaction volume of the coin will definitely be high and because each transaction uses GAS, the volume of ethereum transactions will also increase people who want to sell ERC-20 coins must first buy ethereum for the GAS

right, erc-202 token only use ethereum platform because of its blockchain and smartcontract . most of them still depends on the price of bitcoin including ethereum.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: