Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:05:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Damages dumping creates  (Read 16459 times)
jessyj48 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 06:32:29 PM

I think there is a way to fix this dumping problem plaguing crypto space ,its very annoying to see dumpers dumping coins or tokens at a very lower price than that of the ICO price ,dumping kills coins easily ,I think developers should have some kind of deals with exchanges that won't allow people to dump coins at a particular price ,what are your thought?

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
boazsalosa

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 06:39:29 PM

I can't because it is the right provision by the seller who sells very cheap and throws away large amounts, but of course there is prevention from the team.
Dannev

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 07:19:49 PM

Exactly my thought. There should be a lock on the price or something when the tokens or coins get listed on exchanges. That way, investors won't have to worry of dumping.
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 07:29:02 PM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

I think there is a way to fix this dumping problem plaguing crypto space ,its very annoying to see dumpers dumping coins or tokens at a very lower price than that of the ICO price ,dumping kills coins easily ,I think developers should have some kind of deals with exchanges that won't allow people to dump coins at a particular price ,what are your thought?

My solution is this
1. Have a buy back plan (call it marketing money) or pay bounty hunters or airdrop participants in btc, eth, ppt, usdt or other stable currency. This is your marketing fee and when you dodge it by paying hunters with your native token, it surfers a dump
2. Don't give away ridiculous bonuses during sales
3. List in reputable exchanges with real trade volume and responsible market

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 07:42:28 PM

that would be a great solution! Only I do not know how it is possible to implement this. Also, I don’t understand people who sell coins 10 times cheaper than the ICO price.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 07:49:30 PM

exchange is not a solution, dumper will always be there because it is normal for new coins. The team should focus on releasing this platform so that the coin can be used. but the fact is that many projects do not fit the roadmap, they seem slow in development and some have been running for more than 1 year but their platform has not been released.
Prompyboo

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 08:31:36 PM

that would be a great solution! Only I do not know how it is possible to implement this. Also, I don’t understand people who sell coins 10 times cheaper than the ICO price.
what can I say. people just like to manipulate by the price so they can buy at a lower price.

bohboh

Activity: 499

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 09:25:28 PM

Dumpers are the people who like to sells their coin at a lower price regardless of how much they paid before getting the coin... No serious way to stop dumping of coin than to improve on the potential and the ability of the coin to appreciate. Dumpers will always be their in crypto market.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 09:33:41 PM

I feel this strategy will be right and quite effective. Probably this might be a new working way to resolve this pressing issue.  If this will work then  there should be a regulation of altcoins too. Cause I see it as part of it though.
But another thing is,  how interested are developers in what goes on with their coins. The painful thing is that about a greater number of developers don't really care about what happens to their coin after ICOs. It's just the painful truth.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 09:56:45 PM

You should wait to go against the dumping problem. Otherwise, the current state of the market causes fear in people, which causes most projects to be traded below the ICO price. The bounty hunters also have role in this dump, but this is because there are no more buyers.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:02:54 PM
Merited by slashz9 (1)

My solution is this
1. Have a buy back plan (call it marketing money) or pay bounty hunters or airdrop participants in btc, eth, ppt, usdt or other stable currency. This is your marketing fee and when you dodge it by paying hunters with your native token, it surfers a dump

And don't give too many airdrops...
Aside from the mentioned above, if those dumpers, let us say most are bounty hunters, see that the project has very solid foundation and has active development, I believe they will think twice of selling their tokens or coins at a very cheap price.
And if the team is blaming it to bounty hunters, I think that is not really true as the percentage allotted for these bounty programs is very small as compared to their total supply.
The dumping of tokens from bounty programs will only take a short period of time, and will go back up again if there is really value to this token.
Also, bonuses like 50% can really ruin their price once it hits the exchanges. Because if they are not locking the tokens of those investors, high chance that they will sell it very cheap as they almost got it for free.
Cryptolord_ng
Copper Member

Activity: 365

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 10:04:39 PM

People dump because there is no investors to buy at a better rate, the real problem is bear season as people are not willing to invest in anyhow project and sometimes, even the dev dump to take profit and maybe use it in promotion of the project

nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:15:29 PM

It's actually impossible to have a limit below which a coin cannot be sold. It will cause more harm than good, because they may never be a concensus between the buyers and sellers, and that will hamper the smooth trading of the coin.

To curb trading, the developers should have a buy back plan to always take back their coin from weak hands, and never pay for bounties with their tokens, because bounty hunters are responsible for the majority of dumping on the exchange, they should rather pay with eth which is more appreciated by the hunters.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:23:12 PM

Its hard to stop the dump because of manipulators and it really affects the trust in the market. I think its better if we are going to spread more knowledge about cryptocurrency so they will not panic every time whales dumps the market because after that it will pump again.
frchowe214

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:26:54 PM

They should simply do a burn and buyback to keep the prices attractive, this will in turn attract more investors. Alternative, create incentives to hodl like a small airdrop for hodlers

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:31:41 PM

People dump because there is no investors to buy at a better rate, the real problem is bear season as people are not willing to invest in anyhow project and sometimes, even the dev dump to take profit and maybe use it in promotion of the project

Most of them are the dev team themselves dumping their own coin. You can see that if their foundation is hollow and no app whatsoever in place. They are just using the bounty hunters as the reason but it's not. If they are really sincere and have financial capability, they will pay in btc or eth or any other established altcoin.
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:38:41 PM

You can't stop dumps because they are a product of a very small market. When you have 10 people holding 10% each and one of them sells it all there will be a big red candle. When others see that red candle they think something is going on with the coin and sell.
There are instances where this won't happen like when the token is distributed among thousands of people and none of them holds more than 0.1%.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:44:06 PM

Good plan. The solution is we must have a plan to be able to determine when we should buy back. Everyone is fed up with the decline that happened.
charlop24
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:45:29 PM

The only way to stop the dumping is to pay bounty hunters in eth, btc or other widely recognised coin and keep the amount of tokens given out for marketing purposes checked. When individuals have only few tokens, they will not be able to make a substantial effect on the market.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:46:54 PM

My solution is this
This is what I am thinking too, the allocation on bounties and airdrop is very small like 1 or 2% only and they can easily buy back if they want but some of this ico has no plan in doing this, they are letting their tokens to dump.and on ICO my suggestion is not to sell huge amount so that whales cant take advantage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: