Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Never Designed for Scalability  (Read 419 times)
crypoco

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 04:39:01 PM

The development, although slow, will eventually be, i think that developers can do this.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 05:13:16 PM

everything will be implemented at the right time
The 'right' time to scale was when the blocks became full in 2017 and that's still the case today---the only economical incentive Vitalik satisfies here is that of the miners because they absolutely love scooping up high fees.

Tether has been an absolute stress factor on the network lately. It drives the gas price up for every user, which isn't something that people couldn't have seen coming, especially after the token boom in 2017 and some part of 2018.

I can see Tether only further drive gas prices up with how more and more USDT shifts from Omni to Ethereum. It's a serious problem that grows bigger and bigger. It's better to have it be more distributed to take some stress off Ethereum.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ashmodeus (OP)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 08:24:11 PM

The 'right' time to scale was when the blocks became full in 2017 and that's still the case today---the only economical incentive Vitalik satisfies here is that of the miners because they absolutely love scooping up high fees.

Tether has been an absolute stress factor on the network lately. It drives the gas price up for every user, which isn't something that people couldn't have seen coming, especially after the token boom in 2017 and some part of 2018.

I can see Tether only further drive gas prices up with how more and more USDT shifts from Omni to Ethereum. It's a serious problem that grows bigger and bigger. It's better to have it be more distributed to take some stress off Ethereum.

well, but what if the scenario is like this .
when 2017 party , vitalik and the team see huge anthusiast of ico from their blockchain , and then , they know what exactly happen about their scalability.
but they have no idea how to solved it ? its seems quite reasonible right ?

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 10:59:20 PM

Aren't they proposing some sort of Ethereum 2.0 protocol for scaling?

It's funny because previously, ETH was seen as something that was more scalable than bitcoin and the entire point of the scare campaign about the 'flippening' was that bitcoin couldn't be scaled, transaction fees are going to skyrocket, and people are going to flood towards ETH.

And now, the tables have turned and the situation is binary opposites.
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 02:18:20 AM

Vitalik is a smart person. I think he will do anything to keep the Ethereum ecosystem going for decades.
I personally do not really bother, the most important thing is I will continue to support the Ethereum project and continue to buy it when prices are cheap.
ashmodeus (OP)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 10:55:54 PM

ETH was seen as something that was more scalable than bitcoin

of course is it,even today.
but the problem is that it's not enough, with the features they have, it's really lacking, and that's what is happening right now.

Vitalik is a smart person. I think he will do anything to keep the Ethereum ecosystem going for decades.

of course,all of creators in the world will do same as you say.

the most important thing is I will continue to support the Ethereum project and continue to buy it when prices are cheap.
I don't think that's the right action or answer in the process of supporting something,somehow i just think, keep buying its not the right thing for such thing like this.
because this is not entertainment thing. and vitalik is not artist.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 01:10:03 AM

well, recently i read some article,and then, i am quite surprised about it. because Vitalik Buterin and Joesph Lubin says ethereum blockchain was never designed for scalability.
firstly i think, it's just ridiculous statement. but well, since we know exactly what happened on ethreum blockchain, i guess that statement have some true point.
they maybe never think before, ethereum will have tremendous popularity in the crypto industry.
oh yeah , this their statement.

well, any thoughts ?

In my opinion things like this often happen. At the beginning of the project, they never thought that the project would be this big, as in 2014, people would not think that the price of bitcoin could reach $ 20k. The founders usually don't anticipate things that they themselves don't expect, but I think in the end ethereum will find a solution to this problem
joshua123

Activity: 527
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 01:13:54 AM

Vitalik is humble and keep saying words out from his mouth regarding eth platform. To be honest, when it comes to scalability eth is one of the best there to use for. Only fools will ride their statement regarding this. Before Vitalik creating fud also on his own project but I believe that was only a humor cracked joke. He is smart and he knows how to handle politics in crypto industry.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: