Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 hour transaction?  (Read 1158 times)
tom117 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 01:41:39 AM

Hey guys I'm a complete noob at bitcoins. I transfered 30 usd to virwox and exchanged it for 7 bitcoins. Now I exchanged those to my wallet, but they still haven't arrived and its been 24 hours. Virwox status says the transaction needs to be checked manually. Is this a normal time to wait or is something wrong cause now there are not bitcoins in virwox and none in my wallet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 01:45:56 AM

Virwox status says the transaction needs to be checked manually.

Then ask Virwox guys. Payment is probably pending there and wasn't sent to Bitcoin network yet.

Is this a normal time to wait

No, payments on Bitcoin network are almost instant.

tom117 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 01:58:03 AM

Then ask Virwox guys. Payment is probably pending there and wasn't sent to Bitcoin network yet.

Oh that's a relief lol, instant transactions sound a lot better, too bad I only have paypal. I sent them a message for now so hopefully that will clear things up thanks.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 02:00:31 AM

Oh that's a relief lol, instant transactions sound a lot better, too bad I only have paypal. I sent them a message for now so hopefully that will clear things up thanks.

they manually check your first bitcoin transaction, it happened to me too, guess they do it because lots of paypal chargebacks lately

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 02:28:27 AM

Are you sure you have downloaded the complete blockchain? You have to do this after first installing bitcoin before any transactions will show up. It can take an excessively long time. You need to leave your bitcoin client running until it finishes. There are currently 152324 blocks. How many are showing up in your client, in the status bar at the bottom of the window?

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
slush
Legendary

Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 02:39:02 AM

Are you sure you have downloaded the complete blockchain? You have to do this after first installing bitcoin before any transactions will show up. It can take an excessively long time. You need to leave your bitcoin client running until it finishes. There are currently 152324 blocks. How many are showing up in your client, in the status bar at the bottom of the window?

^ No doubt it wasn't sent to wallet yet.

tom117 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 02:43:22 AM

It says 7 connections 0 transactions and 152325 blocks.
tom117 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 08:15:14 PM

Hey I messaged them and got my bitcoins, its cause im new they said. Anyway they gave me 6.98, on the site they already took commission and said the final purchase is 7 bitcoins. Maybe I misunderstood but any1 else have this happen? Also is there any better places then virwox to get bitcoins on paypal, cause I lost nearly a third of my money through all the commissions.

Oops, never mind handling fee of 0.02, if any1 still knows a better way to get bitcoins with paypal I would appreciate it.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 08:36:20 PM

The 100 BTC Physical Bitcoin bars from MemoryDealers are considered relatively expensive (esp. compared to MtGox Last price) due to needing to cover shipping, Paypal fees, chargeback risk, etc, but even then, that is sure better than losing a third of your money.

If all you wanted was the digital BTC, MtGox won't charge a fee for redeeming the bar, and it's likely that someone would actually be interested in the bar itself for a few BTC if you didn't want to keep it.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Sekioh

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 08:55:48 PM

Yeah they took the commission when you converted USD<->BTC, but then WITHDRAWL fee is 0.02 FLAT, so that never goes up even if you did a 10000 btc transaction withdrawl from them. Just like you change the market price for their other currencies, but then if you withdrew paypal they'd take that 0.30cent + 3% whatever fee paypal takes after you hit 'payout'

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
tom117 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 09:18:15 PM

Yeah they took the commission when you converted USD<->BTC, but then WITHDRAWL fee is 0.02 FLAT, so that never goes up even if you did a 10000 btc transaction withdrawl from them. Just like you change the market price for their other currencies, but then if you withdrew paypal they'd take that 0.30cent + 3% whatever fee paypal takes after you hit 'payout'

Theres more commision then that, it said I have to get usd then switch to linden dollars so thats 5% or something right there, then switch again from linden dollars to btc with more commission and then again the handling fee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: