Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:37:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid losing money with bitcoins  (Read 980 times)
michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 12:15:38 PM

Hi

I am wondering if there is some sort of site where you can exchange your bitcoins easily to real money or idk what and transfer back so you can avoid if btc drops.

Thanks

You need to go to localbitcoin and find recommended sellers so you can exchange your bitcoin and ask him to send the money to your bank account. That is the only way you can do to convert the bitcoin directly, and I think you don't have to wait for a long time. But there will be an easy way if you can find a local seller which you already know, so you only need to send the bitcoin to him, and he will send the money to your bank account. That will be a simple way for every people who want to convert the bitcoin to real money.

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 02:12:05 PM

The best idea is to convert your BTC into a stable coin like USDT.  It is good and recommended practice that you should not keep your coins in exchange so withdraw them to your own wallet.
Converting BTC into fiat  and again converting fiat to BTC should be avoided if you want to keep invested in BTC.

I am alive
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 12:54:18 PM

Hi

I am wondering if there is some sort of site where you can exchange your bitcoins easily to real money or idk what and transfer back so you can avoid if btc drops.

Thanks
It is easy to exchange your bitcoin into real money, there are already a lot of sites that can offer that and even some of the bitcoin wallets now can offer us that. And what do you mean from transferring back to avoid if btc drops? Do you mean transferring back your real money to btc? If you need to transfer your money back to btc, there is no way to do that, you need to buy another set of your bitcoin again.

You can even find many buyers and sellers right here on this forum in the currency exchange section.  If you find trusted members you are completely safe sending first.  Then you will end up paying less fees as well considering how much exchanges charge for trading and the withdraw fee.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 08:28:26 PM

How about using an exchange? When the price falls, there is no way you can convert it instantly, but you can use an exchange to convert your coins to USDT (I don't support USDT though. You should do your own research and determine if its okay to convert to usdt or not). But, just keep in mind that keeping huge amount of money on an exchange wallet is never safe. The exchange might get hacked anytime and you might lose all your coins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dirkdekeizer (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 08:55:35 PM

How about using an exchange? When the price falls, there is no way you can convert it instantly, but you can use an exchange to convert your coins to USDT (I don't support USDT though. You should do your own research and determine if its okay to convert to usdt or not). But, just keep in mind that keeping huge amount of money on an exchange wallet is never safe. The exchange might get hacked anytime and you might lose all your coins.

My issue is that I can't trade it for like a bank transfer. I have no idea for what I could sell the bitcoins, I am under 18. I can't use a bank account, PayPal, Skrill

I thought wirex got something but you need to be 18 (with selfie proof)
OlympianBitcoin

Activity: 45
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 09:03:58 AM

Honestly, wouldn't that be better for the OP if he just hodls the Bitcoin? Unless he is really afraid the price is gonna drop and die... but I wouldn't really think so. Unless he *needs* money and it's a dire need, not for comfort? Then it's a different thing entirely.
Well, I guess he can always try Bisq.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 10:27:53 AM

Hi

Thanks

EDIT:

Thanks for all the info.

I am more looking for something like Skrill. You can transfer your normal money in bitcoins and transfer back in normal money.
Sadly you can't withdraw bitcoins so it's just for investing.

I live in Belgium and I am under 18 (but I can use fake identity proof but no selfie etc)

I got around 1 BTC and I am looking for some site where you have like a bitcoin wallet and a normal wallet and that you can transfer money between those wallets

I can't use a bank account
I don't quite get it if you are asking for a place where you could easily convert your BTC into Fiat then you should use an exchange or trading platform.
But if you are asking about a site where you could convert your BTC into cash wothout using a bank then I think you should look for a local wallet, Just like our local wallet here in the Philippines which is called "coins.ph"
We could use it to convert BTC into cash or the other way around cash out and cash in BTC in many ways, But you also have to send a valid ID and do the selfie to verify your account.
And you could always look for a friend who would buy your crypto in cash if you want.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 10:46:49 AM

~ snip ~
I don't quite get it if you are asking for a place where you could easily convert your BTC into Fiat then you should use an exchange or trading platform.
But if you are asking about a site where you could convert your BTC into cash wothout using a bank then I think you should look for a local wallet, Just like our local wallet here in the Philippines which is called "coins.ph"
We could use it to convert BTC into cash or the other way around cash out and cash in BTC in many ways, But you also have to send a valid ID and do the selfie to verify your account.
And you could always look for a friend who would buy your crypto in cash if you want.

The coins.ph that you are talking about is only available in the philippines and i see that op is from belgium . he cant use coins.ph but he can still use other wallets out there , like blockchain.com for example and if im not mistaken , blockchain.com dont ask for id upon signing up although you may need an i.d when cadhing out larger amount of cash or cryptos  .  electrum is also a good wallet that didnt ask for i.d verfication  .
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 11:51:38 AM

Hi

Thanks

EDIT:

Thanks for all the info.

I am more looking for something like Skrill. You can transfer your normal money in bitcoins and transfer back in normal money.

I live in Belgium and I am under 18 (but I can use fake identity proof but no selfie etc)

I got around 1 BTC and I am looking for some site where you have like a bitcoin wallet and a normal wallet and that you can transfer money between those wallets

If you are afraid of the volatility of bitcoin, now you can convert / save your bitcoin into stable coins like USDT. I think, most of the exchanges have included USDT as a coin supported by their exchange. That is the best way so far if we want to avoid volatility but still has coin that we can use in the future for many purposes.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2181

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 11:59:16 AM

Sound like you are looking for exchanger. If yes, then you could choose few good exchange like Binance, bittrex or poloniex. So you can convert your bitcoin into USD. But I don't think you can withdrawal USD directly from exchange. If your local bank is not allowing to withdraw then you have to use their party like you said skrill if you want cash. So better choose a best exchange and convert into usd if you are worry about volatility of bitcoin.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 12:00:45 PM

you can use many exchange, their have different pair example USDT,CNY,JPY,KRW and many more.
but i dont recomend you safe your balance on exchange for longterm.
Even if we exchange it into good coins it is still hard not to lose money. Staying your precious coins on one exchange is really bad, you have to be secured always. Try to have a positive trade with the coins and if the market dumps try to cut losses and invest again.
Oasisman

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 01:13:48 PM

Hi

Thanks

EDIT:

Thanks for all the info.

I guess what you meant is, converting fiat currency to Bitcoin instantly to avoid lossing big chunk when the price constantly drop. If you have local exchange in your place, then its much easier for you to do so. Or if not, there are a lot of exchanges in the list just google it and pick the most recommended one.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1099

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 01:40:19 PM

You are under 18 but you have this much amount, yeah I mean that 1 BTC is really enough and many.
However, some exchanges may need your selfie photo for verifying your identification, right?
Actually, every country commonly has its first exchange that can enable you to withdraw Bitcoin or other cryptos easily to cash with a certain fee.
However, I think we can still leave some BTC in the exchange because personally, I believe that BTC can rise again.
However, yeah, it will take longer time as we imagine.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 02:14:42 PM

If you decide to invest crypto, you must prepare everything from the start until the worst.
Just consider profit as the bonus !

Luckily I can convert into fiat when my local exchange already exist over 5 years !

Smiley
aylabadia05

Activity: 1526
Merit: 772

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 02:36:25 PM

sorry before in which country do you live?
because members of this forum are different countries, I suggest you use an exchange that supports bitcoin exchanges in your country. like I use Exchange INDODAX which can be exchanged for local money in my country.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dirkdekeizer (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 04:06:27 PM

Hi

Thanks

EDIT:

Thanks for all the info.

If you are afraid of the volatility of bitcoin, now you can convert / save your bitcoin into stable coins like USDT. I think, most of the exchanges have included USDT as a coin supported by their exchange. That is the best way so far if we want to avoid volatility but still has coin that we can use in the future for many purposes.

If I convert in USDT, do you think the price will be the same for example in 5 years? Is it really stable or can anything happen

Also, is tether.to the only site where I can have USDT?
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 04:33:13 PM

You can hedge your bitcoin value, but you need to be careful at funding. On Bitmex for example you can buy future contracts and sell spot contracts. This way you will protect your value. But you will need to pay or receive a funding fee each 8 hours which can vary. Especially if you are a newbie I don't recommend doing this. I think a crypto debit card would be the best option.
dirkdekeizer (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 05:30:45 PM

You can hedge your bitcoin value, but you need to be careful at funding. On Bitmex for example you can buy future contracts and sell spot contracts. This way you will protect your value. But you will need to pay or receive a funding fee each 8 hours which can vary. Especially if you are a newbie I don't recommend doing this. I think a crypto debit card would be the best option.

A crypto debit card seems the best solution for me. I think I'll have to wait a few months because I am not 18 yet.

I hope btc won't drop hard
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 05:44:53 PM

Hi

Thanks

EDIT:

Thanks for all the info.

Most of the centralized exchange are normally asking for personal information to their individual traders by requiring them to submit KYC, for them to withdraw if ever they get profit while doing trade in the market exchange platform. Now if you want to avoid this things you can use decentralized exchange like DEX, forkdelta and coinexchange something like that.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 03:05:39 AM

Hi

Thanks

EDIT:

Thanks for all the info.

I think there is no such exchange, where you can avoid the fluctuations that exist. all existing exchanges give you facilities to exchange them for fiat and vice versa. of course you can't guarantee you get the same value for that exchange because the price keeps moving
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: