Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:09:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD Mem Tweak XL - Read/modify timings/pp/straps on the fly  (Read 58769 times)
bobben2

Activity: 279
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 06:19:03 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2019, 07:07:50 PM by bobben2
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I saw a lot of Vegas but are there settings for RX 580 8Gb and 4Gb ?

thx

I have custom straps for my rx cards, it would be nice to be able to flash them back because right now I have to use older drivers due to signing issues

Can someone list a good starting point for 470 Hynix, Samsung and micron cards for eth/xmr

Use version 1.4.6 of the pixel patcher - then you can sign newer versions of the driver.  I have patched my 19.4.1 install with it.

You could use  WinAMDTweak --current from your custom bios, then store those timings and use them as a starting point after you have reverted the card back to orig.bios.

EDIT:
I had to verify what I just mentioned above:
I upgraded the driver on my test rig with 2 x RX 570 from 18.6.1 to 19.4.1, patched it and restarted the rig. 
I then learned I had to upgrade my OverDrivenTool because I no longer had fan control.  Great, eh
I found version 0.2.8. bet1 and am playing with it as we speak..  Seems like the new driver runs the cards cooler... less power Yay.

Fellow miners, get your thens and thans in order and help other forum readers understand what you are writing. Remember the grammar basics:  B larger THAN A (comparator operator). If something THEN ....
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ganzocrypt

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 07:55:39 PM

thx for the info !

So without reverting to stock bios the tool does not work or we get better results from stock?

please share your finding as the number of parameter are so many that is difficult to keep track.
Also my RX 580 8Gb is Hynex memory so might be different from others.

cheers
keksik

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 08:12:52 PM

ok seems its time to update driver from 18.6.1 to the newest one and re-flashing all card back to stock.
as there are only few types of memory(as i flashed 40 cards already) it will be nice to share some good timings who are already tested.
there are hynix, samsung, micron/elpida and 4/gb variation if im not mistaken?

P.S. btw is better to push first mem frequency to max and then tweak straps or first use good straps and tune frequency? i did the later as flashed with polaris bios editor.
P.P.S. do we still need overdriventool or new tool is able to save config as in overdrivetool and load them via bat file?

thank you
Divinity666

Activity: 312
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 08:31:20 PM

Will there be Fiji support? Huh
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 10:14:51 PM

thx

I have custom straps for my rx cards, it would be nice to be able to flash them back because right now I have to use older drivers due to signing issues

Can someone list a good starting point for 470 Hynix, Samsung and micron cards for eth/xmr

Use version 1.4.6 of the pixel patcher - then you can sign newer versions of the driver.  I have patched my 19.4.1 install with it.

You could use  WinAMDTweak --current from your custom bios, then store those timings and use them as a starting point after you have reverted the card back to orig.bios.

EDIT:
I upgraded the driver on my test rig with 2 x RX 570 from 18.6.1 to 19.4.1, patched it and restarted the rig. 
I then learned I had to upgrade my OverDrivenTool because I no longer had fan control.  Great, eh
I found version 0.2.8. bet1 and am playing with it as we speak..  Seems like the new driver runs the cards cooler... less power Yay.

Hmm , I’ll have to work on this as well tonight as well , cooler is definitely better

I can’t find links to the 1.4.6 pixel patcher or winAMDTweak though

Are they in this thread?
N2DCRYPT

Activity: 148
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 11:14:16 PM

Hmm , I’ll have to work on this as well tonight as well , cooler is definitely better

Are they in this thread?

Pixel patcher (lots of versions) is available online if you google, but be careful with that. I'm sure there are probably links to it in Matthev's bios modding thread as well.

WinAMDTweak will be available at Eliovp's Github site, check the first page of this thread.
osirus466

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 02:49:15 AM

Do I still need to do any registry mods or ppt mods with this?  I have 2 vega 56 reference cards
bobben2

Activity: 279
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 05:06:00 AM

thx

EDIT:
I then learned I had to upgrade my OverDrivenTool because I no longer had fan control.  Great, eh
I found version 0.2.8. bet1 and am playing with it as we speak..  Seems like the new driver runs the cards cooler... less power Yay.

Are they in this thread?

WinAMDTweak (the command line version) should be available in this thread.   I DLed  the pixel patcher from here.  It seems legit.
https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

My two test cards both have Elpida mem.  I simply used SRBPolaris bios editor with the one-click method to get good timing straps for my custom bios.
I will use that as a starting point to further tweak my cards, when I get the time.

Fellow miners, get your thens and thans in order and help other forum readers understand what you are writing. Remember the grammar basics:  B larger THAN A (comparator operator). If something THEN ....
Mashy81

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 09:28:51 AM

Hy, my Vega'64 (Samsung) config for CNR and TeamRed miner. Draws more power but adds 1.8Khs.

your temps are high and hw errors in teamred miner is a bad sign

Bump your fans a bit more and you should be able to get your temps down a bit. I have been runing my vegas at 60C for nearlly 18months and they are still sweet as.
Try lowering WR a little and see if that gives a bit more.
NefariousFool

Activity: 36
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 04:32:26 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2019, 04:57:02 PM by NefariousFool

Eliovp:

RX series modifications suggestion?

quick question. The order of the listings vs the order of the timings list is there away you can flip the positions?

when you run a timings Query the order is PMG, RAS, CAS... but the tools GUI goes PMG, CAS, RAS... just curious.

and is there a possible typo on the CAS timings? there's tCCLD however in the query there's tCCDL is this a typo or a different setting?

-------

So far managed to increase stock bios RX 570 from 22.4 to 27.721 via the tool.

After i get above 30 mhs i'll go a head and post my settings.
As 29 to 33.4 mhs is achievable with a 570 via BIOS mod no point in posting things that are less than that currently.

------------

Also dunno if you or anybody else knows.. if you zero out all the P states on the core control it'll actually remove the P state out of Wattman. which is pretty sick I love it.

If you're running the memory tweak also noticing that when you set the P state setting it'll fight you using the Wattman so this tool will replace your management for ALL of your settings.

-----------

Previously i thought you had to setup batch files to run for the cards, which you can do, however you can also just export the settings and import them.
    I understand this is probably stating the obvious, however just thought i'd point it out anyways in case people didn't see it.

However when you import the Fan control settings are blank and you have to put them in manually every time. Can you fix this?
----------
The biggest AH HA moment was when you click the timing level changed it from the default 0 timing level to timing level 1 or 2 the crashing on the card when certain changes were applied stopped occurring. check it out guys.

Once again... Eliovp.. thank you for making such a kick ass tool!!
clousian

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 12:07:25 AM

Eliovp:

quick question. The order of the listings vs the order of the timings list is there away you can flip the positions?

when you run a timings Query the order is PMG, RAS, CAS... but the tools GUI goes PMG, CAS, RAS... just curious.

and is there a possible typo on the CAS timings? there's tCCLD however in the query there's tCCDL is this a typo or a different setting?

-------

So far managed to increase stock bios RX 570 from 22.4 to 27.721 via the tool.

After i get above 30 mhs i'll go a head and post my settings.
As 29 to 33.4 mhs is achievable with a 570 via BIOS mod no point in posting things that are less than that currently.

------------

Also dunno if you or anybody else knows.. if you zero out all the P states on the core control it'll actually remove the P state out of Wattman. which is pretty sick I love it.

If you're running the memory tweak also noticing that when you set the P state setting it'll fight you using the Wattman so this tool will replace your management for ALL of your settings.

-----------

Previously i thought you had to setup batch files to run for the cards, which you can do, however you can also just export the settings and import them.
    I understand this is probably stating the obvious, however just thought i'd point it out anyways in case people didn't see it.

However when you import the Fan control settings are blank and you have to put them in manually every time. Can you fix this?
----------
The biggest AH HA moment was when you click the timing level changed it from the default 0 timing level to timing level 1 or 2 the crashing on the card when certain changes were applied stopped occurring. check it out guys.

As I'm running stock bios for my RX cards on XMR dude, any enhancements would be appreciated that you've found this far. It'll help me (and others) see where to be begin with tweaking their own Polaris set up. Finally, does this tool work in conjunction with srb miner?
doktor83

Activity: 2492
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 03:43:34 AM

As I'm running stock bios for my RX cards on XMR dude, any enhancements would be appreciated that you've found this far. It'll help me (and others) see where to be begin with tweaking their own Polaris set up. Finally, does this tool work in conjunction with srb miner?

It does, you just have to use the --disabletweaking parameter, to disable the built-in tweaking.

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
bobymoore

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 05:55:07 AM

I got this error https://postimg.cc/YjQTd7krhttps://postimg.cc/YjQTd7krand program don't open.
NefariousFool

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 07:31:08 AM

I got this error https://postimg.cc/YjQTd7krhttps://postimg.cc/YjQTd7krand program don't open.

IF You have an on-board video device or a non AMD card in your system you will get those errors.
The GUI is based off of Overdrive N Tool code. As a result it will ONLY work with an all AMD environment.

I am not sure if Eliovp has a solution to that particular issue, so for now as you get to test and run your settings be sure to disable your onboard adapter and run your system  with 2 cards, 1 to  view your screen and the 2nd to test and configure your settings.

ALSO A MUST HAVE this link
https://www.overclock.net/attachments/47806

That is the R_timings program you need.  You will also need the Polaris BIOS tool.

You can then read the BIOS and get the timing straps and use Power shell to convert that timing to the appropriate settings.

There are a few things that are incorrect in the GUI. Such as the following:
Under the CAS Timing. - tR2R is actually TCCDS / tCCLD is actually TCCDL

In your timings settings you will NOT get an RAS setting.
In your timings settings you do not need to configure ALL the settings you can simply configure the
RMG Timing, CAS timing, RAS timing, Misc Timing, and Dram Timings.

You will also note that on the bottom right there is a Timing level setting.
Default (0) - will get you 18 to 20 mhs
Level 1 - 21 to 25 mhs
Level 2 - 27 to 30 mhs

SO you will want to set your timing level to 2.

As for your memory and core settings that is what you nomrally configure I am still tweaking.
I was able to get 29.921 Mhs with 2300 / 900 / 1175 / 900 I did get a share but it locked up after 10 min.
I am still working on settings but i wanted to take the time to respond to your question and post an update to my findings this evening.

Thank you!
bobymoore

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 11:06:52 AM

IF You have an on-board video device or a non AMD card in your system you will get those errors.
The GUI is based off of Overdrive N Tool code. As a result it will ONLY work with an all AMD environment.

I am not sure if Eliovp has a solution to that particular issue, so for now as you get to test and run your settings be sure to disable your onboard adapter and run your system  with 2 cards, 1 to  view your screen and the 2nd to test and configure your settings.

ALSO A MUST HAVE this link
https://www.overclock.net/attachments/47806

That is the R_timings program you need.  You will also need the Polaris BIOS tool.

You can then read the BIOS and get the timing straps and use Power shell to convert that timing to the appropriate settings.

In your timings settings you will NOT get an RAS setting.
In your timings settings you do not need to configure ALL the settings you can simply configure the
RMG Timing, CAS timing, RAS timing, Misc Timing, and Dram Timings.

Level 1 - 21 to 25 mhs
Level 2 - 27 to 30 mhs

As for your memory and core settings that is what you nomrally configure I am still tweaking.
I was able to get 29.921 Mhs with 2300 / 900 / 1175 / 900 I did get a share but it locked up after 10 min.
I am still working on settings but i wanted to take the time to respond to your question and post an update to my findings this evening.

Thank you!
I had made  a good set up for my two vega 56@64 and I got 2200 hash,but when I restart windos show that message error,so I go back to srb miner and profiles,but I get about 2160 hash,i have only two vegas and not another gpu like onboard,i think is a windows bug,i cant understand that erroe,i format pc a week before, I use 18.5.1 driver,because I I use 19.4.1 or newer one card gives only half power,another bug I think.yesterday I  was happy because I did 2250+ with my vega this tool and red team,but after restart everything lost.
Eliovp (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 11:42:23 AM
Merited by NefariousFool (1)

Eliovp:

You have a point, they are switched, i changed that in latest release.
Also fixed that typo ;-)

That's indeed the Idea, to not have to use multiple tools..

Fixed in latest release

You're welcome! Smiley

Yes and no, the control part (Clocks, fans, etc) is based off of public Overdrive ADL functions.
Anyone can do this. --> https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/display-library

I am not sure if Eliovp has a solution to that particular issue, so for now as you get to test and run your settings be sure to disable your onboard adapter and run your system  with 2 cards, 1 to  view your screen and the 2nd to test and configure your settings.

Mmm, i'll look into this.

There's nothing incorrect in the GUI (anymore). The CCLD typo, that was indeed wrong. Fixed in latest release.

Further, here's the structure for MC_SEQ_CAS
FieldBit
tNOPW1:0
tNOPR3:2
tR2W8:4
tCCDL11:9
tR2R15:12
tW2R20:16
tCL26:24

Level 1 - 21 to 25 mhs
Level 2 - 27 to 30 mhs

Don't forget, these are predefined by AMD..

Anywho, latest gui with some of these fixes on github!

Cheers!

NefariousFool

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 02:15:58 PM

You also fixed the refresh bug!!

sweetness! Thanks Eliovp

OK i'm kinda half awake here.. played with this all night and got 45 min sleep going to update my current settings and try to get some rest see if they can run longer now.

Thank you again. Loving this tool
ayiphelmy
Copper Member

Activity: 416
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 06:03:53 PM

rx480 8 gb, Happy mining!

Divinity666

Activity: 312
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 06:16:23 PM

Will there be Fiji support? Huh
KL0nLutiy1

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 06:31:33 PM

Is it samsung memory?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: