Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:24:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am done with KYC  (Read 22078 times)
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 04:51:30 AM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
I do not think that. Now the personal information is very important and the project owner wants to capture our information. They may sell our information to get some money and then use it to develop the project. But anyway, never send our personal information to anyone, it's very dangerous.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 04:56:49 AM

If a project is required to do KYC, of course, as a participant, we can only comply with these regulations so that we can also get our rewards. For problems to develop or not, it's just a matter of time. At least we both work to promote the project and Kyc is a condition.
Romeotom

Activity: 814
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 06:29:55 AM

The pass kyc for bounty hunter it's fully unless in my opinion, what the bad time running for everyone bounty hunter. Hom real of the pain just now the current market situation 90% invaluable ico in here. Even scam project lot of still processing lol, so i don't want joined new bounty now or kyc lol.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 06:32:45 AM

If someone came up to you in the street and asked for a copy of your passport, utility bills, and a selfie, all for the amazing price of $10 would you do it? Kyc is just a scam for bounty hunters

oioi

Activity: 355

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:00:46 AM

giving or submitting KYC to the bounty should we think again because not all bounties end with success,
secure our data before using it with irresponsible ones.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:20:11 AM

This is exactly what I have been saying for a long time.... how can bounty hunters accept to spread their personal info in dozens of projects in exchange for peanuts Huh people have no notion about the danger of spreading your personal info around
I do not participate in projects that require KYC, they just ask for it and sometimes don't even identify the team, or have any product, or exchange... have seen too many of these doing KYC and then just failing.... you are right, probably they just sell data
Besides, kyc makes no point for bounty hunters as these are not investors

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
trauchot

Activity: 1764

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:25:55 AM

Unfortunately I agree with you, now even more companies come up with some rules of their own and at any moment start asking bounty hunters to go through KYC and the most important thing is that most of these companies in general then die very quickly and bounty hunters just pass KYC for nothing.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:28:29 AM

We do need to always be careful around KYC as it is certainly another route for scams. Sometimes it is a genuine requirement as new projects want to ensure that they abide by the laws of the country in which they're based... but yes also sometimes it is a scam to gain personal information to sell on. It's one reason why IEOs are becoming more popular, as the exchanges do a lot of this verification for us. That doesn't mean that ICOs that require KYC are bad, just that it's something to be very careful about and make sure it's a genuine company and genuine project. And even then, the idea of parting with KYC information just for a few dollars seems not worth the risk.

agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:35:54 AM

whats is your problem with doing KYC, as long your ID is real and dont wanna cheat with some bounty program with multiple entry, i think KYC is no problem buddy.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:43:34 AM

Before giving out your Identity information via KYC, you've got to be careful. I saw someone talk about giving access to his Google drive where he saved very important documents , all in the name of KYC. Guys, sometimes KYC is relevant especially for STOs as requested by the authorities, but not in all situations. Some projects even us that to deprive those who promote them of their tokens which is not good.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:45:43 AM

If someone came up to you in the street and asked for a copy of your passport, utility bills, and a selfie, all for the amazing price of $10 would you do it? Kyc is just a scam for bounty hunters
Even the bounty is very legit? I'm sure you will do the KYC for bounty that paid you a huge money lol. KYC or not, it's all depends on you as the bounty hunters. Bounty manager usually announce if the bounty need KYC or not, so it's back to bounty hunters again. If you don't want do KYC then don't join.
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:49:39 AM

sometimes I think if KYC for a bounty hunter is just fraud but we don't have any other choice for claiming payments while supporting the project so we have to do that but if the price of the token is only $ 10 we better leave it
xysheeh03

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:29:47 AM

That's why we should investigate first what we join bounties if it is a scam or not, because if the bounty is just a scam, our identity that we send by their kyc thingy is going to be a theft our personal information. Some people use this for some transactions, so we should be careful on projects that requires kyc.
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 03:10:50 PM

It happens to me twice and I quickly stop promoting bounties asking for KYC it feels like some kind of a trick to get hands on one identity ,bounties with no KYC are just better
cribusen
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 03:12:19 PM

I believe that KYC process is a good thing but only in one case, if this process was announced before the launch of the bounty programme. If the team is making it afterwards, it means they just do not want to share all tokens from their pool.
Kay94

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:00:42 PM

That's good. I've always believed in this KYC process. I believe that KYC will help detect the bad guys among the good ones ready to invest.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
3core

Activity: 152

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 07:04:01 PM

My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project

I don't think of everything like that, all back to the project itself.
Warning. before give a personal identity to another party, think first. I see many people give their identity easy, only because for ($5/$10)

I believe that someone of those project that ask for users personal informations may also have hidden plans, because all those informations can get used for various fraudulent actvities on the internet darkweb.

ceteris paribus
/ˌkɛtərɪs ˈparɪbʊs/
Aryleeto

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:38:46 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
At the moment, I think the ico just died and should not participate in it , especially if you do not want your documents to be in the wrong hands , it is better to do something useful

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
cribusen
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:55:34 PM

It does not guarantee you something and it will never do so, because crypto industry in general contains a lot of risks. But I am on your side and think that KYC should not be done for bounty hunters if it is not required by any other party (team, investors).
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 10:22:55 PM

It does not guarantee you something and it will never do so, because crypto industry in general contains a lot of risks. But I am on your side and think that KYC should not be done for bounty hunters if it is not required by any other party (team, investors).
KYC is just a regulatory condition. Do you think that the team wants to bother with verifying your identities? They usually don't care who you are, but the law says to not to work with US investors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: