Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:51:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WeChat and Venmo Biggest Competition  (Read 102 times)
teddyelwyn (OP)

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:52:22 AM

We're long overdue for a decentralized messaging app and Elixxir is one of the first I've seen that is planning to be both a messaging and digital payments app. Spearheaded by a crypto legend too so that's saying something.

They're currently in their node selection process before launch but I think we should all be watching this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYGwODG3JGs&app=desktop

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
darylalban

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:54:10 AM

aren't Dash and Zcash already creating something like this?
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 07:58:49 PM

I might be wrong, but I don't think this project is the first of it's kind creating a decentralized messaging app, I was registered in such platform but I am still yet to remember the link to this platform so I can show you that we already have projects like this in existence and the admin of this project would have to come up with something better in order to take the users focus from those already working platform to this new platform that has just been launched.

Please make your research well and prove me wrong if I am.
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 12:38:15 AM

I might be wrong, but I don't think this project is the first of it's kind creating a decentralized messaging app, I was registered in such platform but I am still yet to remember the link to this platform so I can show you that we already have projects like this in existence and the admin of this project would have to come up with something better in order to take the users focus from those already working platform to this new platform that has just been launched.

Please make your research well and prove me wrong if I am.

I am sure there are some that have been implemented but have they gone so far as protecting not just data but metadata too (informatoin such as when messages are sent, where and from who)
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:06:03 AM

Well, on the part of messaging, there is a new rival that shouldn't be underestimated and that's TOP Network. They launched an ICO and it was completed in 19 seconds on Huobi Prime selling 1.5B tokens. It's trying to solve the privacy problem with current messaging apps as well.
However, the most important factor that will contribute to the success of either of the projects is adoption, and TOP has a big head start (50 Million users of their previous messaging apps combined). 

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████