Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Luke Jr for Boardmembership  (Read 1509 times)
derm (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:15:24 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 08:26:42 PM by derm

Dear Luke jr,
now that you are a candidate for the board of bitcoin foundation,
may I kindly ask you to release the public addresses of your bitcoind workers
for "eligius" pool over the time in operation, please.

This will definitely grow the trust people lay in your hands,
as a strong foundation board is in the interest of us all.
This transparency-effort might help people understand why the "mean-deviation"
in pool-rewards keeps growing so that everyone lacks approx. 20% in over a year.
Your addresses should give the certainty that all comes down to bad luck.
A capable software engineer you are indeed and i appreciate your willingness to let people participate in your parallely mined namecoins.

Please don't push for thread removal, as the doubt I expressed could spoil your footsteps if left unrefuted. Therefore, I beg your answer!

Sorry for my bad grammar upfront, in case my point wasn't clear, hopefully someone has a helping hand to address the issue correctly and in the right place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:18:10 PM

Amen

TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 03:22:08 PM

Jesus Fucking Christ shitting on a biscuit, why do you guys want to continue to harass Luke Jr?

~BCX~

Is there real data that shows that there might be something suspect in the coin's mining algorithm?

derm (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:27:19 PM

Jesus Fucking Christ shitting on a biscuit, why do you guys want to continue to harass Luke Jr?

~BCX~

please explain, what is inadequate in my request, to confute allegations of betrayal that nag on people like me.
derm (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:33:33 PM

~BCX~

Is there real data that shows that there might be something suspect in the coin's mining algorithm?

His "Capped PPS with Recent Backpay" has an unpaid-backlog that systematically grows.
derm (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:43:50 PM

~BCX~

Could you please point me to the discussion you discovered?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 03:58:41 PM

Does the Bitcoin Foundation have its own discussion board?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:02:34 PM

yes

All memberships include one vote in their membership class and access to our member forums where you’ll be able to provide input on foundation initiatives, join a committee, or volunteer. Industry memberships include additional benefits outlined here.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 05:11:27 PM

yes

All memberships include one vote in their membership class and access to our member forums where you’ll be able to provide input on foundation initiatives, join a committee, or volunteer. Industry memberships include additional benefits outlined here.

Ahh. It is strange that their members are over here talking about their organization's matters.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 05:36:48 PM

yes

Ahh. It is strange that their members are over here talking about their organization's matters.

Why would that be strange?   This is the online epicenter of Bitcoin discussion at the moment.  Seems quite normal to me.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 05:41:23 PM

yes

Why would that be strange?   This is the online epicenter of Bitcoin discussion at the moment.  Seems quite normal to me.

The Bitcoin Foundation is a private club. Why not discuss private club business at the club's forum instead of in an unrelated forum?

Unless, of course, the people discussing it here are not able to discuss it there because they are not members...then, why does it matter to you what they do in their private club?

luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 12:53:27 AM

omg DRAHMS!

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 04:26:08 PM

The Bitcoin Foundation is a private club. Why not discuss private club business at the club's forum instead of in an unrelated forum?

Unless, of course, the people discussing it here are not able to discuss it there because they are not members...then, why does it matter to you what they do in their private club?

I can see legitimate arguments for controlling random commentary on a foundation specific forum.  OTOH, the principles of transparency apply as much for the BFC as they do for government.  Even more in fact.

Does the BFC provide adequate (meaning near 100%) transparency?  I don't know but find it doubtful.  I gave up hope on them a while ago and have not paid much attention since.  The best I hope for at this point is that their actions create an opportunity for me to capitalize on Bitcoin in a monetary sense.  I probably should pay more attention to their goings-on just to look for flags which would make this outcome more likely via timings of certain actions but have been busy with other things of interest.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: