Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:26:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion: Altcoin vs Alt-token which is more reliable and preferable.  (Read 216 times)
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:26:17 PM

I prefer solid projects with real value, no matter whether they use other blockchain or their own blockchain. This is one way of thinking.

The other way of thinking is if a project is solid and have own blockchain offering masternodes then I may consider that project.

Another way of thinking of mine is, I find tokens which uses ETH blockchain much convenient over the coins which have own blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 08:14:44 PM

My opinion goes for Altcoin, not for the alt token! Because Project with own blockchain has more potential than projects based on another coin's blockchain! Look at the TRON, XRP, BNB! They all were based on Ethereum blockchain but when they move in their own network, those coins were accepted widely by the world and now these coins position is much better than before! So, it is like a good example of this topic!

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 09:08:32 PM

Well it totally depends on the team behind the project and what they are trying to achieve in present and also in the future. Some projects is too big that it might not be possible just running the project with a token built on a blockchain so they rather create a new blockchain and coin including all the features they might need for operation even in the future, some projects starts with tokens then migrate to coin in the future.
Coinraptor

Activity: 257
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 09:36:15 PM

I think altcoin and alt token are almost the same. Alt token is like the testing field and the Altcoin seems the official release. Because most of the altcoin was alt token first! Most of them came based on Ethereum contracts, then they shifted to 6onw blockchain network. Recently Bitdepositary project shifted their platform Ethereum to their own chain, I asked them why? they said to make a better engagement in price and for the products! But they were token first! So, we need both, and no one can ignore the Ethereum's revolutionary contract system!

digitalblock

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 04:58:08 PM

I prefer altcoin because despite that mostly they are forms of BTC or ETH, they're still not forks of forks of useless functions.
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 09:24:50 PM

I think altcoin and alt token are almost the same. Alt token is like the testing field and the Altcoin seems the official release.

No they're not the same and yes you're correct when you say some projects make use of Alt-token as a testing phase or perhaps you can say they make use of already existing blockchain to launch their project so they can reach more audience and possibly get listed on more exchange especially DEX. People prefer to invest in Ethereum based project more than projects launching an ICO with their blockchain.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nekonyun

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 11:10:22 PM

in my opinion altcoin is healthier for the growth of the blockchain industry because altcoin projects that are already running and have helped the growth of the industry and alt-tokens in my opinion are still in the process of forming a project from the start it takes a long time to run this project
Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:35:55 PM

Personally I prefer alt tokens for the simple fact of convinience, because it enables me to hold so many alt tokens in one single wallet, unlike Altcoins that would require me to download so many different wallets,.some of which are not even compactible with mobile devices.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: