Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:22:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: By far THE biggest crypto scam EVER…  (Read 663 times)
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 08:47:14 AM

bitcoin cash is the biggest crypto scam as far as i am concerned!

- it is centralized ✓
- it was created without consensus ✓
- it is abusing the name of a popular cryptocurrency ✓
- it has been damaging that popular cryptocurrency's image ✓
- it has also been damaging it other ways like taking the hashrate and slowing the mining process a couple of times causing backlog ✓
- it has been sold under false pretense as something else ✓
- it goes against bitcoin's vision of decentralization ✓
- .... a lot more

Do you know what scam means ?  Scam means people looses money after they invest onto something shady . how can bch scam people where its only a crypto  . people can buy and invest on it but they didnt loose money . crypto volatility is not a kind of scam . its normal if bch investors loose just because the price falls  .

@op , is cryptopia scam considered to be a big scam ?  Its an exchange  and it holds alot of funds from investors  .
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 08:49:34 AM

- it is centralized ✓
- it has also been damaging it other ways like taking the hashrate and slowing the mining process a couple of times causing backlog ✓
- .... a lot more

Actually, it is my idea like that. If there is a SCAM in the market, I think it should be BCH.

... and it’s still happening!

by Jonald Fyookball Oct 20, 2018

[Btw, this article answers all kinds of questions in this section of the Bitcointalk forum. OP]

Wanna know what’s the greatest scam in the entire world of cryptocurrency?

Take a guess… Is it MtGox? OneCoin? Nope. How about Bitconnect?

No… there’s a scam that’s much bigger than all of those put together, and it’s still going on to this very day.

It’s one of those illusions that hides in plain sight.

The closest thing I can compare it to is when you find out the federal reserve isn’t “federal”, it’s a private institution that holds a monopoly on the issuance of currency in the USA, and has never been audited.

The persistent of such institutionalized, parasitic schemes can only continue because of ignorance of the masses.

I’m talking about something so insidious that it’s almost unbelievable…

Ok, I won’t hold you in suspense any longer. Here it is:

The biggest scam in crypto is that BTC is no longer Bitcoin!

You can read the whole article at https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/by-far-the-biggest-crypto-scam-ever-and-its-still-happening-a23ed102d039.

So, what do you think?

Cool

I've red all of it now. And I may agree with some points. But, we have over 100 coins that forked from BTC and all claims is same. "We Are Real Bitcoin", "Real Bitcoin Has Just Returned", "BTC Dead, Hail New BTC" ...etc.

Let's talk then with honest. I assume you are right that BCH is real BTC. Well, what is SV then? And do you think it is the end? I am sure that both Cash and SV will happen new forks. New coins and new claims will arrived soon! %100!

To me, what was to be done was obvious. Leaving the original Bitcoin team was a big mistake. If something was to be done, they would stay together and be persuaded by other community members. This is democracy. We may don't like rules and management our countries but we don't try to create new one, splitted from mainland... We try to create a new order. We can change the government, not country. So we should try to make good things for our country... (I know it may not good example but it suits well)

I'm not talking about other garbage forks. But Bitcoin Cash, Gold and a few powerful forks have damaged Bitcoin mining and image.

I'm very sorry about something because I don't know the technical part of what you're talking about in the article. In my busy work life, I don't have the chance to do any more detailed research. But if I put aside the technical side of the work. I think we would be in a much better state today if Bitcoin and all the fork's mind and miners' power came together.

But there is one thing that never we should forget about it. It has all started with Bitcoin! Even BCH took their name from Bitcoin. They took the idea from Bitcoin. And I guess they won't live without Bitcoin (at least just for now.). Block size, transaction time, traceability, scalability, or any other issue... They are all meaningless. Bitcoin is a brand which known by all world. BCH is an another brand but we should accept that the idea was not original. Original idea made by Satoshi name as Bitcoin! If anyone wants to join and contribute, it still there and standing up...

cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 08:50:42 AM

Bitcoin cash seems like one big scam, I remember buying BCH on the exchange a few weeks after my exchange started to sell them, I made a nice return on them but was quick to sell them back to real bitcoins again.
I hope newcomers will not think they are real bitcoins and start to buy them.

All the fork out of bitcoin is just dividend you can choose to sell if you want to.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 08:57:02 AM

- it is centralized ✓
- .... a lot more

Do you know what scam means ?  Scam means people looses money after they invest onto something shady . how can bch scam people where its only a crypto  . people can buy and invest on it but they didnt loose money . crypto volatility is not a kind of scam . its normal if bch investors loose just because the price falls  .

no my friend, a scam is when people are misled by lies and deceit.
losing money is only a side-product of that which is not even necessary to make something a scam. for instance i could have made a lot of money from BitConnect but that doesn't change the fact that it was indeed a big scam.

as for the "how" i have already explained it in points #3 and 6 and partly 5

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 09:26:12 AM

a scam coin with shady people behind it is calling bitcoin scam! this is called "Hypocrisy".

--looking for signature--
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3433
Merit: 4368

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 09:33:37 AM

Screw Roger Ver and his paid sockpuppets.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 09:51:26 AM

No wonder why BitcoinCash is continuously dropping it’s value,because of this kind of propaganda to break the hearts of bitcoiners but the problem is They always a Failure

Why not instead of spreading propaganda to bring bitcoin fall,is help it out?so all of us will progress and not only Roger Ver and his Gang
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 10:38:27 AM

Seems to me that the problem with Bitcoin is this. As it is, Bitcoin has a choice. Either it has to maintain small blocks, or it will bloat the entire Internet and communications network by its great blockchain size. Or it will have to figure out a way to scale. Why!

Bitcoin still transacts far less than fiat. Fiat transacts $5 trillion, daily, on the Forex alone. If anyone decentralized fiat in the same way that Bitcoin works, the encrypted decentralization would clog and overload the whole Internet. This is the threat that Bitcoin poses. It's a threat that would destroy Bitcoin and world trade at the same time.

It is true that Roger Ver and Jonald Fyookball are both trying to take a share of the market away from Bitcoin. The only thing that is keeping BCH from clogging the market is its small market share. BCH would destroy itself if it took over all the activity that goes on in Bitcoin, same as Bitcoin would if it increased its block size and its market share to that of fiat.

This is possibly the most important reason why anyone is trying to develop the Lightning Network. If the LN could actually be made to work, it would localize all kinds of BTC transactions, which would keep the main BTC blockchain from clogging the whole communications world... if BTC ever became the main world currency.

Possibly, behind the scenes, Bitcoin is the major reason for the 20,000 communication cubesats that are going to be placed into orbit around the Earth. It might also be the major reason for the development of 5G communications. All of it might have to do with world trade using Bitcoin... a thing that is impractical, now, because of our limited communication capabilities.

Think about it. Free world trade is more important than Bitcoin. Yet the simple-to-understand advantages that Bitcoin has, caused it to grow at a phenomenal rate... a rate that far surpassed any fiat growth, ever. The powers that be are jumping on the Bitcoin bandwagon. I might go even as far as stating that all the political antagonism in the developed world, is a smokescreen designed by BIG MONEY to keep eyes off the fact that communications are being developed basically to propagate Bitcoin secure world trade.

The results of this whole thing will be a one-world government. Roger Ver recognizes this. That's why he is trying so hard to make BCH the major player in the crypto world. I don't blame him for this. But his attempts at covering up what is really going on are extremely feeble.

Two of the major dangers in all of the above are:

1. The simple dangers of all the 5G and cubesat radiation that will gradually turn all life into microwave toast, over time;

2. That AI combined with the quantum computer will break Bitcoin blockchain encryption, and Bitcoin will become centralized. However, if this doesn't happen, there are always ways to manipulate markets, even when the transactions are secure. In fact, secure transactions are something Big Money is looking for; they are being ripped off by their bank employees. Big Money knows all there is to know about manipulating markets. Secure money is something that they want... namely Bitcoin.

I suspect that Satoshi understood all of this, especially after Bitcoin ran for its first year, and that is why he introduced the line of code that can be used to limit block size.

A curious point is, if Satoshi understood all this, was he really on the side of decentralization? Maybe he was introducing Bitcoin because he understood that the current fiat world was moving way too slowly in its operations for making a one-world government. If this is the case, who in the world really is Satoshi?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
CryptoVance

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 11:12:11 AM

another Bcash maniac trying to blackmailed the original bitcoin. BTC is not in your level go and find your mate which is BSV.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 11:54:08 AM

- it is centralized ✓
- .... a lot more

Do you know what scam means ?  Scam means people looses money after they invest onto something shady . how can bch scam people where its only a crypto  . people can buy and invest on it but they didnt loose money . crypto volatility is not a kind of scam . its normal if bch investors loose just because the price falls  .

@op , is cryptopia scam considered to be a big scam ?  Its an exchange  and it holds alot of funds from investors  .
I also think BCH is not a scam though it created intentionally to challenged bitcoin and to make hype in this market but I don't think its a scam at all, just like banks who are still here despite of calling them a big scam. As long as people are losing money because of someone's greed, its still a scam and we should take action on that or else we will see more situation like this.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 12:00:47 PM

In the article author claims that Bitcoin is no longet bitcoin just because it is not as good for payments as Bitcoin cash. I guess soon he will say that Bitcoin Casj is a real bitcoin and BTC as a scam (Just like Roger Ver said).
Just remember that BCH is heavily advertised scamcoin which still does not resolve the problem of block size.
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 12:37:33 PM

It seems that it is all about Bitcoin Cash story while bashing the idea of Satoshi for creating Bitcoin.
Whoever made that article must be a bagholder of BCH though the article is five[5] months old since we are still in a bearish trend. I think it's a propaganda to raise some investors of BCH.

It is classic bitcoin cash tactics as you mentioned above. They always try this kind of marketing for raising bch value. But instead they are making bch less alluring and most people just don't want to touch it.

Leonardo7

Activity: 686
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 12:53:35 PM

I don't like this article, it backlashes the bitcoin and praises bitcoincash. I can't tell why BCH is not gaining new users whereas BTC keeps getting daily thousand of users. If BCH was good enough and position enough to replace BTC why is then BitcoinSatoshi (BSV) claiming to be the original? All these are just propaganda. Let BCH hit $4,000 at this market, then I will believe all the conspiracy theorem.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 01:01:27 PM

[Btw, this article answers all kinds of questions in this section of the Bitcointalk forum. OP]

No… there’s a scam that’s much bigger than all of those put together, and it’s still going on to this very day.

The closest thing I can compare it to is when you find out the federal reserve isn’t “federal”, it’s a private institution that holds a monopoly on the issuance of currency in the USA, and has never been audited.

The persistent of such institutionalized, parasitic schemes can only continue because of ignorance of the masses.

You can read the whole article at https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/by-far-the-biggest-crypto-scam-ever-and-its-still-happening-a23ed102d039.

So, what do you think?

Cool

But for me the biggest scam in crypto history is lending ICOs
Started from bitconnect and other lending program and this was made bitcoin so hyped and reach 20k USD each, but ended with scam and bitcoin price starting down till today
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 01:24:11 PM

The thing is is, BCH claims to be the real Bitcoin which we all know is not true.

[I also think BCH is not a scam though it created intentionally to challenged bitcoin and to make hype in this market but I don't think its a scam at all, just like banks who are still here despite of calling them a big scam. As long as people are losing money because of someone's greed, its still a scam and we should take action on that or else we will see more situation like this.

BCH is not created to challenge bitcoin but rather to make themselves more wealthy, imagine the huge Bitcoin they are holding and forking it to double its number?  Aside from that, BCH sold for a huge amount at first and goes down when these holders started to dump their BCH holdings to the unsuspecting sheeps.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 01:40:33 PM

So, what do you think?

Cool

You're really comparing the FED and Bitconnect to an idea of Bitcoin deviating from what some people consider Satoshi's original idea to be? While using a click bait style manipulative suspense? not fun bro.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 6406

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 07:52:40 PM

<sarcasm>
I guess that the other known scam is that those strange people keep corrupting the kids with lies that the world is not flat.
</sarcasm>

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
leonair

Activity: 1246
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 08:28:42 PM

Bitconnect was still the biggest scam that ever happened in the history of cryptocurrency to me because even though there was a bunch of news and analysis that it was a pure scam people still believed that it was legit and worth their investment until it all goes down very very hard.

Since day one Bitcoin Cash is on the run in beating the undisputed king.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Cryptoobiobi

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 04:19:09 AM
Merited by Mrsparks (1)

In the Crypto space, many con artists are looking for opportunities to scam people, bitconnect, mtGox, onecoin, Regal coin,Hextracoin, and all others have come, swindled and gone. That is why we need to thoroughly examine any ICO before we invest. Personally I don't see bch as a replacement for btc
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:51:09 AM

The article is all about bitcoin cash and a little beet of propaganda against bitcoin, the developer of bitcoin cash nurse the motives of making bitcoin cash more then bitcoin in price and usage but revised is the case today.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: