Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:10:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coin should I 'mine' with my laptops?  (Read 1255 times)
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:05:50 AM

Hello,

I have two laptops with good specs eating dust. I thought to set them to work as nodes or miners or something like that. See if it's worthwhile.

The specs of my best laptop are i7, 16 GB RAM, 1.xx GHz, Windows 10. The other is a 4GB RAM laptop. I think it's i5, but I don't know the exact specs from the top of my head.

I'm a newbie in staking and mining and I don't want to install Ubuntu or Linux. I'm not an IT guy.

It can be leading or non-leading coins. That doesn't matter.

Does anyone have tips and suggestions about where to start and what to mine?

Thanks in advance.

I highly recommend mining coins that are already in the market and easy to mine, yes you can mine these coins using your browser or through folding@home .

These two coins are https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/banano and https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/jsecoin/

You can mine even if you have a lower spec because they are browser base

Yeah sure, if you want miniscule profits you can mine the coins that are already in the market and that are easy to mine. If you want possible better and/or more riskier profits I suggest to start to mine the newest coins.
viljy

Activity: 1764
Merit: 915

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:27:42 AM

Hello,

I have two laptops with good specs eating dust. I thought to set them to work as nodes or miners or something like that. See if it's worthwhile.

The specs of my best laptop are i7, 16 GB RAM, 1.xx GHz, Windows 10. The other is a 4GB RAM laptop. I think it's i5, but I don't know the exact specs from the top of my head.

I'm a newbie in staking and mining and I don't want to install Ubuntu or Linux. I'm not an IT guy.

Thanks in advance.
You can try mining BANANO https://bananominer.com/ this is a fork of NANO or MRAI and it's already in the market
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/banano you can mine using FOLDING AT HOME where you canEarn BANANO by contributing to medical research.

If Nano reaches $32 I don't see any reason why this coin will not reach all-time high, so mine while it is cheap.
Not a worthy thing to spend on even if this is just a browser mining but wont really be worth for it to run on background. I tested it out and give out 7000-8000 BAN per day @$0.00193676
Checked on that Coingecko current price which is roughly $13 but well this amount wont really be that big but for those people who do like to earn some pennies then this suggestion
would be a considerable thing but take note that this uses up 60-70% of your cpu power.

You mean ~$13 a day? So for mining on the processor is a lot. As the all of this suspicious profitable. I checked, but did not see where there to see how many coins I have and how to withdraw them. I do not like when the browser is embedded some miner...
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 04:25:21 PM

Hello,

Thanks in advance.
You can try mining BANANO https://bananominer.com/ this is a fork of NANO or MRAI and it's already in the market
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/banano you can mine using FOLDING AT HOME where you canEarn BANANO by contributing to medical research.

If Nano reaches $32 I don't see any reason why this coin will not reach all-time high, so mine while it is cheap.
Not a worthy thing to spend on even if this is just a browser mining but wont really be worth for it to run on background. I tested it out and give out 7000-8000 BAN per day @$0.00193676
Checked on that Coingecko current price which is roughly $13 but well this amount wont really be that big but for those people who do like to earn some pennies then this suggestion
would be a considerable thing but take note that this uses up 60-70% of your cpu power.

I'm not considering the price now, but it's potential in the future, I have a similar experience with MRAi and this is the new Mrai that I'm hoping to give me huge profit in the future, I'm trying to mine as many Bananos I can, and this is for the future.

Cryptomindset

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:54:23 PM

Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Frankly speaking, You should not mine with Laptops. Your device will loose its age very rapidly. Also, You will really crappy hash speeds untill you have at least a 1060 or above, I would recommend to not utilizing workstation for mining regardless of whether you have the best config accessible since the impacts and the heap it will put on your PC would affect it definitely
adterna

Activity: 1008
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 04:49:35 AM

I think Laptops are not one good tool for mining coins, even though they have very good specifications, it is not a good idea to do mining with these laptops, it is better to use a PC that already has certain specifications for mining

────────  WORLD BEST MINER  ────────
CRYPTO MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
GENESIS MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: