Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bounty Hunters Should Be Exempted from KYC/AML Procedures  (Read 4193 times)
Nezerlan (OP)

Activity: 214
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 11:21:05 AM
Merited by tk808 (2), Mpamaegbu (1)

AML – Anti-Money Laundering
KYC – Know Your Customer

KYC and AML are terms used when a business or a project wants to identify and verify the identity of a client or customer. To verify identity, KYC checks may require an individual to submit copies of personal documents like National ID cards, International Passports, Drivers Licence, Utility Bills as well as a Selfie Image.

As a bounty hunter, I understand that cryptocurrency projects need to act in compliance with the government's financial policies where they use as their base of operations. Part of these financial policies usually require the implementation of KYC/AML processes for the investors who seek to purchase tokens or coins from ICOs or other token generation events. For investors to buy tokens they need to convert fiat to cryptocurrency and it is this main reason KYC checks come in to monitor and store data of investors participating in the sale as a move to control money laundering.

To this end, bounty hunters should have no business surrendering their personal documents since they receive tokens as payment for a service rendered and no transactions of fiat to cryptocurrency will be taking place on their part. In other words, hunters cannot be accused of money laundering.

If sending tokens directly to hunters will contravene the laws of the project's locality, then they should employ the services of a verified 3rd party escrow agent who can distribute tokens to bounty hunters at specified due date or just take the easy way out and pay hunters in another cryptocurrency like ETH or BTC.

This is just my personal opinion. Feel free to add your comments and suggestions.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GospelCrypto2

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 11:53:10 AM

I agree with you completely and i also think if KYC must be done regarding bounties , it should be carried out by the bounty hosting companies. Since the hunters literally work for the bounty hosting platforms. The KYC trend is making bounty hunting difficult for some of my friends

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
0t3p0t

Activity: 1512
Merit: 351

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2019, 12:44:26 PM

Yes KYC is nonsense when it come to bounty hunters as most projects nowadays will fail and become scammy so as a bounty hunter it is unsafe for me if ever I will undergo KYC and the project/token I work with will become a shitcoin. I think ICO's on the other hand has to undergo KYC/AML just to make sure they will not leave bounty hunters behind unpaid and scammed with their sweet lies and promises. We work for them so they have to pay for that whether they failed or not.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:02:46 PM

I agree with that, rather than money laundering or whatever, many bounty hunters don't get anything from the work they do. maybe even actually bounty hunters should get legal protection for the rights they have to get
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 02:01:22 PM

I agree with you completely and i also think if KYC must be done regarding bounties , it should be carried out by the bounty hosting companies. Since the hunters literally work for the bounty hosting platforms. The KYC trend is making bounty hunting difficult for some of my friends
KYC should not be applied to the bounty hunters but the developer must do that to avoid the scam project. Remember about what will be happening after those bounty participants are sending their identity to the scammer and their identity will be sold through use darkweb.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
cupruri
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 05:58:50 PM

It is not a big thing to undergo a KYC process, but I believe that it should be done only for hunters that have earned more than 5k USD in total or so. I do not think it is necessary for twitter rewards to do a KYC in each bounty.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 02:10:44 AM

I think it is because there are many cheaters and fraudsters participated in bounty campaigns.
They are using many accounts to gain more reward and this is of course will bring disadvantage to hunter who work with single account.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1497

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 03:03:07 AM

KYC – Know Your Customer

KYC and AML are terms used when a business or a project wants to identify and verify the identity of a client or customer. To verify identity, KYC checks may require an individual to submit copies of personal documents like National ID cards, International Passports, Drivers Licence, Utility Bills as well as a Selfie Image.

As a bounty hunter, I understand that cryptocurrency projects need to act in compliance with the government's financial policies where they use as their base of operations. Part of these financial policies usually require the implementation of KYC/AML processes for the investors who seek to purchase tokens or coins from ICOs or other token generation events. For investors to buy tokens they need to convert fiat to cryptocurrency and it is this main reason KYC checks come in to monitor and store data of investors participating in the sale as a move to control money laundering.

To this end, bounty hunters should have no business surrendering their personal documents since they receive tokens as payment for a service rendered and no transactions of fiat to cryptocurrency will be taking place on their part. In other words, hunters cannot be accused of money laundering.

If sending tokens directly to hunters will contravene the laws of the project's locality, then they should employ the services of a verified 3rd party escrow agent who can distribute tokens to bounty hunters at specified due date or just take the easy way out and pay hunters in another cryptocurrency like ETH or BTC.

This is just my personal opinion. Feel free to add your comments and suggestions.

I too agree with this statement! However, the ICO market is dead now! I have lost many bounty rewards during my initial days just because I didn't want to comply with the KYC norms. Please understand, KYC is a PII data and one should not give out the KYC documents when the brains behind the ICO project is not identified.

They can create a fake linkedin profile and upload a random picture to mark as the CEO of the project. There's no way for us to verify that information and also we are not sure on how they are going to handle our KYC data. No matter what their local policies say, submission of KYC documents to an unidentified company is a big no no for me!

cryptoblue77

Activity: 472
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 03:13:59 AM

Bounty hunters should be exempted, because they are just creating awareness about the project, just advertising the product so why should they have to go through KYC (know your customer).

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 03:36:00 AM

It is not a big thing to undergo a KYC process, but I believe that it should be done only for hunters that have earned more than 5k USD in total or so. I do not think it is necessary for twitter rewards to do a KYC in each bounty.
No, a bounty hunter should not be tested by KYC at all, regardless of the amount of earned tokens, since he is not an investor in ICO projects. The KYC check has the task of preventing the laundering of dirty money and fighting the financing of terrorism, that is, only persons who buy new tokens for their money can go through the KYC check. Bounty hunters do not invest their money in ICO projects, and therefore should not be tested by KYC.

adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 03:39:07 AM

The reason is simple

KYC Procedure is just to prevent a cheater from a bounty, many bounty hunters try to join with multiple accounts to get a higher reward. Imagine if there are legit bounty that requires a maximum of 100 people to join but there are one people joining with 10 accounts, he/she stealing people opportunity to join this bounty and acquire another people bounty reward for him/herself...
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 4124

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 04:24:40 AM

The discussion can be seen in two ways, firstly when it comes to cheating, the project have no choice than to implement KYC to prevent that from happening and if you consider this from the point of a bounty participation, he's just like someone you hire to carryout a job for you and should be paid whether or not he does your KYC.

In conclusion KYC isn't that bad but I have an issue with projects that doesn't require kyc at first just to decieve participants and later require hunters passing kyc just to avoid paying users that don't pass them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 04:31:16 AM

Bounty managers or project owners are not forcing you to join their campaign. If you don't like AML/KYC, ignore that campaign. If no bounty hunter is agreed to this procedure, they must have to change the procedure. Only we can change the rule. If there is a lot of people agree to procedure AML/KYC, why they will stop it? Make sense.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1175

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 04:48:30 AM

The discussion can be seen in two ways, firstly when it comes to cheating, the project have no choice than to implement KYC to prevent that from happening and if you consider this from the point of a bounty participation, he's just like someone you hire to carryout a job for you and should be paid whether or not he does your KYC.

In conclusion KYC isn't that bad but I have an issue with projects that doesn't require kyc at first just to decieve participants and later require hunters passing kyc just to avoid paying users that don't pass them.
Rare to see about that but it will be bad if project ask people to do KYC and not pass it. Usually KYC is only for people so not join with more than 1 account. As long you join it alone, you will passed. Usually like that.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 04:50:42 AM

I think bounty hunters that goes kyc is just now, because years ago bounty projects are not requiring such kyc to their bounty campaign members, only the investors undergo kyc. But now, many ico projects requiring this to bounty hunters and it is not neccessary i think.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2800
Merit: 574

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 05:07:37 AM

This is an unending debate. At the end, if still base on the project itself. They can do whatever they want, if they chooses to go full KYC/AML then so be it.

As bounty hunters, if you don't like submitting your details then do not submit, simply as that. They have their own opinion, we have our mind and there will be no compromise in the middle. It's either we give in to their demands and move on our separate ways.

Don't get me wrong, I myself is a bounty hunter but when they started enforcing KYC I move to bitcoin paying signature campaigns. Or perhaps in the future bounty that don't ask for our personal data.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 05:26:45 AM

KYC should not be applied to the bounty hunters but the developer must do that to avoid the scam project. Remember about what will be happening after those bounty participants are sending their identity to the scammer and their identity will be sold through use darkweb.

True, I doubt that I am afraid to do KYC but my data is misused Sad It is better not to use KYC but for Bounty examination the Team must be more detailed in giving reward.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
slaman29
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1200

Livecasino, 20% cashback, no fuss payouts.

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 06:53:31 AM

The problem here is I think not that you're NOT investing, or using this to wash money, but that you're getting paid. Companies are also required to identify who they're sending money to (or tokens in this case) because they could be funding terrorist organizations, for example. I know it seems farfetched, but this is the truth. This is why you also have to KYC when you send money, or even when you open a bank account. It's not because you're sending money but sometimes because you're receiving.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
taratorly

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 07:00:49 AM

KYC – Know Your Customer

It is absurd that the projects that claim to be decentralized under normal conditions, may require KYC. How a decentralized project does work with KYC?

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
terrific

Activity: 2086
Merit: 506

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 07:02:12 AM

Hunters shouldn't really comply with KYC.
You did the job without any agreement and that's why crypto is all about freedom and privacy.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM